snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Humor » Finally -- protection against the gay!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally -- protection against the gay!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.hetracil.com/index.html
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But it is not April 1...

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
an Em Dash of sugar
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for an Em Dash of sugar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And if Hetracil doesn't work out, there's always Homocil...
Posts: 1251 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tantei Kijo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tantei Kijo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tantei Kijo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So what is proposition 313?

[ETA] googling suggestes the only mention of 313 is people wondering what it is/building off the joke of the original site.

--------------------
Bender: Though you may have to make a metaphorical "deal with the devil". And by "devil", I mean the robot devil, and by "metaphorically" I mean get your coat. ------------ My sad site: A new way to be bored.

Posts: 722 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"MHD" - so much easier to type than "teh gay".

Mac " [fish] " Lloyd

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd chow, if only I found the right thread... And it would have been my first. Well, wait and see [Smile]

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dareyawes
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dareyawes     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"More than 80 million Americans suffer from some type of Homosexuality, and one in eight persons need treatment for Homosexuality during his or her lifetime. Homosexuality is not a character flaw; it is neither a "mood" nor a personal weakness that you can change at will or by "pulling yourself together."
I love that the URL this quote was drawn from is:
http://www.hetracil.com/disinfo.html

--------------------
Bediffled: adj. to be in such a state of confusion that you are unable to remember any real words that mean: to be in a state of confusion. bediffle, bedifflement, bediffling

Posts: 152 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are times when only ineloquence will do, and this is one of them.

SHITE ALMIGHTY.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Whois info for, hetracil.com:

Registrant:
Church of the Subgenius
420 Broadway
New York, NY 10010
US

Domain name: HETRACIL.COM

Administrative Contact:
Dobbs, JR Bob jpkones@yahoo.com
420 Broadway
New York, NY 10010
US
(212) 777-3456
Technical Contact:
Dobbs, JR Bob jpkones@yahoo.com
420 Broadway
New York, NY 10010
US
(212) 777-3456

Registration Service Provider:
Domainmonger.com, service@domainmonger.com
+1.425-821-8032
+1.425-821-4874 (fax)
http://www.domainmonger.com

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 11-Jul-2005.
Record expires on 01-Mar-2007.
Record created on 01-Mar-2005.

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBeard
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBeard   E-mail TheBeard   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To quote from Shaun of the Dead

"Gayyyyyyy...."

--------------------
The name flavour is rumored to have come from Murray Gell-Mann and Harald Fritzsch seeing a shop advertising a large number of flavors of ice-cream during their lunch time, thus underlining the huge importance of cold, dairy-based food in physics.

Posts: 81 | From: Durham, UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tetsuo_the_great
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tetsuo_the_great   E-mail tetsuo_the_great   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this for real?
Posts: 45 | From: Springfield, MO | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm...

Shetty pharmaceuticals? Something's setting off my male-bovine-feces meter....

ETA: Ha! I was right! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetracil

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Grand Illusion
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grand Illusion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Grand Illusion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse-tang Nonny:
Hmmm...

Shetty pharmaceuticals? Something's setting off my male-bovine-feces meter....

ETA: Ha! I was right! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetracil

Nonny

Nonny,

Please tell me that you already knew the site was a comic hoax before you wiki'd it!

Actully, the deadpan seriousness of it really made it work. It wasn't outrageous or full of characature like http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" - The Brain

Posts: 587 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It set my hoaxometer off, yes. But one never quite knows for sure--Fred Phelps is the ultimate caricature, and yet he's 100% for real!

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
emmastarr
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emmastarr   E-mail emmastarr   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, realistically, how long is it going to take them to re-marked Seroxat as a cure for teh gay?
Posts: 40 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages