snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Horrors » Woman Sees Spider After Eating Grapes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woman Sees Spider After Eating Grapes
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The itsy bitsy spider came crawling out of Dottie Brown's kitchen sink, but she was just happy it didn't happen while she was eating the grapes that carried the black widow into her home.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061129/D8LMVMGO1.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We call grapes "scorpion food" at my house. I put a bunch of grapes in a large bowl and was running water over them when a scorpion swam to the surface. Scary looking creature, that! I called the grocery and told them to tell their produce workers to be careful.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:
We call grapes "scorpion food" at my house. I put a bunch of grapes in a large bowl and was running water over them when a scorpion swam to the surface. Scary looking creature, that! I called the grocery and told them to tell their produce workers to be careful.

In my family we tell legends of the great city of the scorpions which is built in the shape of a giant bra. This is because on a holiday in Italy my mother hung her bra out the window to dry, and when she pulled it back in there was a large scorpion inside. (My father decided incorrectly it was a dead scorpion and got very frightened when it reacted to being poked with a pencil).

I am arachnophobic, but not scared of scorpions at all.

Victoria J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages