snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Horrors » Magic reviving cloth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Magic reviving cloth
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My daughter recently told me a story that police Officer told
them at their school. It is about a boy who played lots of video games.
In one particular video game that was frequently played by the boy, a
child is killed an wrapped in a magic cloth and the child comes back to
life (as a princess or prince). However, the boy who was playing this
video game killed his younger sister and wrapped her in a white blanket
thinking she would come back to life as a princess. When my daughter told
me this story I had serious doubts of its veracity. But i have had
trouble finding information one way or another on this story. I felt it
was pretty irresponsible of the police officer to tell a story that is
likely untrue. Are you aware of this story and to your knowledge is any
of it ture.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm pretty sure this was an episode of Law & Order: SVU.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It totally was!

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now who is it exactly who has trouble telling fantasy from reality here?

- Pseudo (take the twig out of your eye first) Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Angel With Wax Wings
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel With Wax Wings   E-mail Angel With Wax Wings   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
IT was an Episode of SVU? I'm an avid fan of that show and I've never seen/heard about it, or were people being sarcastic and I'm an idiot?

~Monica

--------------------
"Run for five minutes? Why don't you just shoot me now?"--Comic Book Guy (Simpsons)

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They found the little girl in a building that was having construction work done and it turned out she was adopted or a foster child and her older brother was slow or something and liked video games.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SPOILER SPACE:

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

And it turned out it wasn't he who'd killed her, but either the foster mom or her mother.

I remember Cragen persuading the kid to tell him what was going on by talking to him in game terms: "Hey, I'm on Level Seven! I killed the dragon!" or something like that.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rach
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rach   E-mail Rach   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember seeing a documentary about the SVU episode was based on. I can't remember who it was, or the particulars sorry [Frown]

Although it also could have been based on Michael Crowe .

Of course my fave Law & Order Copy - from - real - life episode is the one that was heavily based on the whole Kaycee Nicole Swenson Internet Hoax [Smile]

-Rach

--------------------
The Presence of an Intelligent Mind is one that can hold two opposing opinions at the Same Time.

Posts: 21 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Angel With Wax Wings
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel With Wax Wings   E-mail Angel With Wax Wings   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay yeah I remember that, LoL, I've only seen it once but I remember it now. It just threw me for a loop for a minute.

~Monica

--------------------
"Run for five minutes? Why don't you just shoot me now?"--Comic Book Guy (Simpsons)

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages