snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Horrors » Double accident victim

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Double accident victim
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just heard the following:

During the Thanksgiving day parade, a pole was knocked down on a woman who
was injured. She sued the city and won a large settlement. One of the
things she got out of her settlement was an apartment on 72nd street -- in
fact one of the 2 apartments that just had a plane crash into it!!

Seemed too coincidental to be true...

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gah! I saw that article on CNN not long ago, and now I can't find it. It was the baseball player's plane. Why can't I find it?

ETA: Ah, I found the link . MSN, not CNN.

So tragic.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All sources I can find claim her case was settled for an "undisclosed amount". So I think the part about her getting the apartment in the settlement is just tacked on there to make a sad story even more "ironic". (Geez, I hope she has better luck in the future with objects flying around Manhattan.)
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Loyhar_gill's link:

quote:
...when the mammoth Cat in the Hat balloon went out of control and knocked part of a lamppost onto her head.
This sort of thing is all too common, alas.
Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zachary Fizz:
From Loyhar_gill's link:

quote:
...when the mammoth Cat in the Hat balloon went out of control and knocked part of a lamppost onto her head.
This sort of thing is all too common, alas.
Especially when you fail to forward on chain emails.

Dropbear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages