snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Horrors » Japanese version of Bloody Mary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Japanese version of Bloody Mary
rabid_biscuit
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 16 posted      Profile for rabid_biscuit   E-mail rabid_biscuit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Years ago, one of my Japanese-American friends told me a 'classic' Japanese Urban legend that is the Eastern equalivant to our "Bloody Mary". here's a link to the story and a 'SCREAMER' video:
web page

--------------------
A good friend will bail you outta jail. A TRUE friend will be sitting in next to you saying "DAMN THAT AS FUN!!"

Posts: 8 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Warning!! Contains a "screamer".... do NOT click..repeat...do not click.....

That said, rabid, welcome to the site, but for a first post, you should not be labeling that a "fun lil flash video" --it's a screamer...and we don't like screamers (ok I don't and some others)...

I sure hope you didn't join just to post this...that would be sad...

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rabid_biscuit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabid_biscuit   E-mail rabid_biscuit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh gezz, sorry! I forget how much of a 'fear-tolerance' I've got...and no, I didn't join just to post this.

--------------------
A good friend will bail you outta jail. A TRUE friend will be sitting in next to you saying "DAMN THAT AS FUN!!"

Posts: 8 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to have that high of a fear tolerance..but then these screamers came along and just knocked that right off...

And since you said so, I'll apologize...you don't know how many we get joining just to post these things...LOL...

I mean, I'm curious, but I just cannot stomach them anymore..and I know a few others on here who cannot as well...

so it's all cool.. just put "screamer" somewhere in the body....and we will be sufficiently warned. [Smile]

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dancin' Fool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin' Fool   E-mail Dancin' Fool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lady Moon, I am so glad I read all of the posts before I clicked on the link. I hate screamers. I dread Haloween because that is usually when all the screaming emails show up in my inbox. *Sigh*

rabid - I do not want to make you feel unwanted here, but I just had to post in agreement with Lady Moon Shadows.

PS: Welcome to the board . . .

Posts: 266 | From: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiesnix
Bone Appétit!

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Pixiesnix   E-mail Pixiesnix   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I really don't want to click on the link, so could you give us the story in a nutshell?

--------------------
Ye cannot get ye flask!

Posts: 42 | From: O'Fallon, IL | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh, count me in. I hate those things. I get all shuddery and apprehensive just thinking about it. And I watch Japanese horror with the lights off!

But, since you did the dirty deed for us, LMS, I too would like a run down before I start clicking stuff.

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Onn-a-chow

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tabbym21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbym21     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Omg those things scare the crap outta me

--------------------
Love is like a glass rose one false move and it can crack.

Posts: 3 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abigsmurf
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigsmurf   E-mail abigsmurf   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Another variation is a stranger walking along a road, lost, see's a man/woman up ahead, calls out to him and he turns around only to have no face, just blank skin.

This was parodied in the film Pom Poko.

Then there's the popular urban legend of toilet hanako in which the ghost of a dead school girl haunts the girls toilets. I believe there's a horror film about her and there's a parody in the anime Haunted Junction (which deals with school urban legends) where she's an attractive girl who regularly flirts with boys in the toilets.

Posts: 824 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisy747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisy747   E-mail daisy747   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
that just makes me think of the girl in Harry Potter who haunts the girl's room. I used to be on this board years ago, and I became inactive because of lack of internet which is why I lost my account. During that time though I unfortuently saw a few screamers, and I agree with everyone here that they are awful!
Posts: 19 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages