snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Horrors » Severed penis found in convenience store microwave

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Severed penis found in convenience store microwave
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A clerk at a GetGo station made a horrifying discovery after a man walked into the minimart and asked her to heat something wrapped in a paper towel in the store's microwave.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06055/660716.stm

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"When the item in the microwave gave off an unusual odor, the clerk opened the over door, unwrapped the paper and found what appeared to be a severed human penis, according to KDKA-TV."

I hate to be crass about this, (no, really) but why would the "unusual odor" be any different from that produced by heating any other meat product?

ETA: quote.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 103 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Police: Microwaved Male Body Part a Hoax

A bizarre incident in McKeesport involving a microwave and what was believed to be a male body part is being called a hoax.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/7402304/detail.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so smart! S-M-R-T!

--------------------

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, to continue not being crass, but beef smells different than chicken when heated (at least a bit). Perhaps human has a particular smell. Not to mention that processing that most meat products go through would change the smell. I'd think that said severed human penis might not be quite as processed or as cleansed.

But then again, I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone else has experiences in microwaving severed human dicks?

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Psst, Ryda: they smell like pork. Trust me.

--------------------

Kid Kilowatt
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Kilowatt   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. I think the real story is actually more bizarre than the hoax. Seriously, they decided to microwave his urine? In a fake penis? In a convenience store?
I am not surprised these people needed help to pass a drug test.

--------------------
The book says, "We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
- Magnolia

Posts: 252 | From: East Greenwich, RI, what! | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 16 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Psst, Ryda: they smell like pork. Trust me.

Um... about that dinner invitation. I'm busy that night. And every other night. Forever.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dfresh
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dfresh   E-mail dfresh   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Especially since the woman planned to use the fake penis to pass HER drug test. Ya think maybe that might have tipped off the testers?

This got me to wondering: is there a device to help women pass a drug test, like the Whizzinator?

Posts: 420 | From: Oxford, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She might have been planning to use the fake penis as a storage device only. IOW, she would have stored the penis with the urine inside herself, then released it from the penis to make it look as if she was urinating. Since the urethra is close to the vaginal opening, anyone would have though that she was actually urinating. If she had used something like a baggie, it wouldn't have come out right.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Angel With Wax Wings
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel With Wax Wings   E-mail Angel With Wax Wings   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's just ODD...that's all I can say about it.

~Monica

--------------------
"Run for five minutes? Why don't you just shoot me now?"--Comic Book Guy (Simpsons)

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Captain Zombie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Zombie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Captain Zombie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I guess that explains the odd smell.

Captain "drip drip dope" Zombie

--------------------
1st Infantry, SpecialOps Brigade - The Iron Faction.
I survived Initiation 2005... with Naked Mole Rat Sumotori and Bill O'Reilly

Posts: 264 | From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Couple Cited in Bizarre Fake Penis Case

A man and woman have been cited in connection with a bizarre incident that resulted in a fake penis being microwaved at a convenience store.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060303/D8G4C5VG6.html

madmardigan
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmardigan   E-mail madmardigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Bizarre Fake Penis Case

As if there's any other kind
Posts: 10 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Especially since the woman planned to use the fake penis to pass HER drug test. Ya think maybe that might have tipped off the testers?
I doubt a company drug test sample is required to be done in front of the tester. There are some limits to how much an employer can invade the privacy of his employees.

On and off in Sweden, there are debates if drug tests at work should be legal at all, for privacy reasons. The reasons against is partly privacy, but also that if the employer suspects drug use, he should contact the police, not play police himself.

quote:
She might have been planning to use the fake penis as a storage device only. IOW, she would have stored the penis with the urine inside herself, then released it from the penis to make it look as if she was urinating. Since the urethra is close to the vaginal opening, anyone would have though that she was actually urinating. If she had used something like a baggie, it wouldn't have come out right.
Then why would she microwave it to get it to body temperature? Apart from the fact that she obviously is about as sharp as a hammer, that is...

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jack Dylan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Dylan   E-mail Jack Dylan       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
Then why would she microwave it to get it to body temperature? Apart from the fact that she obviously is about as sharp as a hammer, that is...

Well, maybe she just wan't too excited about inserting a cold fake penis inside herself. Those areas tend to be rather sensitive to temperature...

--------------------
Eppis: Do you know why being a revolutionary doesn't work in this country? Being a revolutionary in America is like being a spoil sport at an orgy. All these goodies being passed around and you feel like a shit when you say no.

Posts: 294 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. Severed organs seems to be creeping up these days faster than before.

Let's see, severed penis in a fruit punch jar a few years back that turned out to be mold growing in a canister, severed finger in chili from a Dennys restaurant, fake finger in custard, fake severed penis in microwave.

Not to mention bizarre cases in the foreign ages using Indiana Jones Temple of Doom being a case of eating eyeballs in soups, not sure if that is real or not or even happened in the states yet.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Pero said the store got rid of the old oven because it couldn't be used for food once bodily fluids were cooked inside it."

I wonder if that was in the corporate manual? [Big Grin]

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 221 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woman Pleads in Bizarre Fake Penis Case

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiesnix
Bone Appétit!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Pixiesnix   E-mail Pixiesnix   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Even though it turned out to be a hoax, I still want to know...

Do they plump when you cook 'em?

--------------------
Ye cannot get ye flask!

Posts: 42 | From: O'Fallon, IL | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DeMerick

Icon 16 posted      Profile for DeMerick   Author's Homepage   E-mail DeMerick   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:

So, I know this is an old post, but I just had to respond to this. Granted, this probably wasn't the brightest woman in the world, but common sense would tell me, if I'm going to store a dildo inside me for a pee test, I could just put it in a little bit ahead of time to warm it up. Still, I don't know that it would be very comfortable and vaginas aren't really my area of expertise, so I may be totally off base here.

EDT: Helps if I read the ENTIRE thread. Someone else thought of that too, so maybe I do know more about female anatamy than I thought.

--------------------
"Writing is a dog's life, but it's the only life worth living." Flaubert

Posts: 11 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Dylan:
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:

Well, maybe she just wan't too excited about inserting a cold fake penis inside herself. Those areas tend to be rather sensitive to temperature...
I complain of the same thing when I get my smear (pap) test. I ask the nurse to warm the speculum otherwise it's like being NFBSKed by an icicle. So far she hasn't asked if my icicle comment is spoken from experience.

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fantine

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Fantine     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I doubt a company drug test sample is required to be done in front of the tester. There are some limits to how much an employer can invade the privacy of his employees.
While most drug tests I've taken (for retail jobs, mainly) have been unobserved--meaning they test the temperature to determine whether the urine sample is legit--I did have one that was observed. It was to qualify to work in a tribal school with troubled kids. Very awkward, but at least I was warned ahead of time. The lady who went into the bathroom with me was very discreet. She mainly looked at herself in the mirror and ran the faucet so I wouldn't be too self-conscious to pee.

Apparently it depends on what kind of test they're doing whether it's observed or not. The school required a very detailed test that also required observation. Maybe that was the case for this woman, too.

Of course, I think the best idea would be to NOT USE DRUGS, but that's just my opinion.

--------------------
"I was raised to be charming, not sincere."
--Cinderella's Prince, Into the Woods, by Stephen Sondheim

Posts: 54 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Rubber Chicken
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rubber Chicken   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
While most drug tests I've taken (for retail jobs, mainly) have been unobserved--meaning they test the temperature to determine whether the urine sample is legit--I did have one that was observed. It was to qualify to work in a tribal school with troubled kids. Very awkward, but at least I was warned ahead of time. The lady who went into the bathroom with me was very discreet. She mainly looked at herself in the mirror and ran the faucet so I wouldn't be too self-conscious to pee.

All the tests in the military are observed. Someone stands right there and watches the urine enter the cup. Then you have to put the cover on and hold it up next to your head so the observer can see it while you carry it to the collection point. And yes, some people are gun shy. A few years ago during a 100% urine test (i.e. 100% of the unit) there was one guy who tried 3 or 4 times before being able to go, even after drinking several bottles of water. Took a couple of hours, total. I felt bad for the guy.

--------------------
Visit my blog, Websurdity... the Weird, the Bizarre, the Silly, the Absurd.

Posts: 716 | From: Seoul, South Korea | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zerocool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zerocool   E-mail zerocool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rubber Chicken:
quote:

All the tests in the military are observed. Someone stands right there and watches the urine enter the cup. Then you have to put the cover on and hold it up next to your head so the observer can see it while you carry it to the collection point. And yes, some people are gun shy. A few years ago during a 100% urine test (i.e. 100% of the unit) there was one guy who tried 3 or 4 times before being able to go, even after drinking several bottles of water. Took a couple of hours, total. I felt bad for the guy.
My highschool had random urine testing of all students. The tests were observed by a female nurse for the guys. The girls got the same nurse. I didn't really like it, but I guess it was better than being caned.
Posts: 336 | From: Currently: Jakarta Indonesia Australia Belgium Berkeley CA > Lima Peru< | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages