snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Critter Country » NYC Police Capture 'Caiman-in-the-Box'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NYC Police Capture 'Caiman-in-the-Box'
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 213 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
See you later, alligator. After while, crocodile. What rhymes with caiman? Well, nothing, really. But that doesn't keep the scaly critters from turning up in New York City, far from their native habitats in the tropical Americas, and replenishing one of the city's most enduring urban legends.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061129/D8LMGKU00.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a brief bit in the Nov. 20 issue of Sports Illustrated about a basketball player (for the Nets) who has many unusual pets, several snakes and a caiman. He said he wants to get another caiman and when the one he has gets too large he plans to ship it to the Everglades. Since the Everglades aren't the caimans natural habitat, it really bugged me. Just because you can afford to have something doesn't mean you should. I am trying to find it if it is on the SI.com site.

ETA: SI.com Mikki Moore
Seems to me that people like this are probably part of the reason cops find these critters roaming in unnatural (to the caiman) areas.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages