snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Critter Country » Dog burned alive?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dog burned alive?
PetLover
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetLover     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw this on a forum I belong to
http://www.iheartpaws.com//forums/showthread.php?t=963

As you can see one of the members said it could be fake.

Does anyone know the truth?

Posts: 21 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ariadne
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ariadne   E-mail Ariadne   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
While I can't testify as to the veracity of the article, I can say that such cruelty does happen. A couple of years ago in the Denver area a young man stole puppies from a shelter, taped them up, put them in carriers, and set them on fire. Apparently he liked the sound of their screams. [Mad]

Here is more info on that story.

--------------------
saxea ut effigies bacchantis prospicit eheu | prospicit et magnis curarum fluctuat undis
-Catullus

Posts: 435 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
medtchva
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medtchva   E-mail medtchva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad but true. I work for the VA Dept of Agriculture and I see the cruelty cases brought in by animal control officers for necropsy (same as autopsy.) It's horrific what some people will do.
Posts: 229 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PetLover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetLover     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh I know people are disgusting... I read plenty of animal abuse website so I can sign petitions to put these sickos away.

I just wanted to know what the deal with that one story was... it happened in Canada apparently. It's hard to get information unless it's via the internet from over here!!!

Posts: 21 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PetLover

oh- and thank you for your responses!
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PetLover:
I read plenty of animal abuse website so I can sign petitions to put these sickos away.

You might want to try getting active in your community instead since petitions pretty much do a whole lot of nothing.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PetLover

I work for several rescues- so trust me, I am active in my community! Do you do rescue work? Or should I assume you don't do anything as well?
Ariadne
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ariadne   E-mail Ariadne   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
PetLover, I don't believe Thrillho was trying to be snarky; instead, I think she was referring to the ineffectiveness of online petitions as a means of bringing about change.

See here for more info.

--------------------
saxea ut effigies bacchantis prospicit eheu | prospicit et magnis curarum fluctuat undis
-Catullus

Posts: 435 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PetLover

I hope so but for someone who DOES a lot of work in their community that wasn't an easy read. I apologize if I jumped the gun thinking Thrillho was being snarky.

I read your link- I will have to share that! Thank you!

Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariadne, thats exactly what I meant -thanks.

Pet Lover, apology accepted and yep I volunteer at my citys shelter.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StillandSilent
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StillandSilent   E-mail StillandSilent   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen that artical somewhere else, so I would think that is is correct. And sadly, I've seen the real thing to. Sick people.
Posts: 75 | From: Morganton NC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tammy-a-chow

If Animal Planet's police shows are any indication, there are plenty of sick people out there.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PetLover

I cannot even watch that show anymore. It enrages me!
PetLover

quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
Tammy-a-chow

If Animal Planet's police shows are any indication, there are plenty of sick people out there.

OMG I didnt even notice that link. [Frown]
PetLover

Ariadne- what about petitions from HSUS and other large organizations that are "signed" online. Are these uneffective as well? Because I always get emails saying "You've made a difference! We won for animals!". So I'm confused.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages