snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » Do you know who I am?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you know who I am?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Whale Hunt in the Desert:

quote:
Kerry Packer is known for not wanting to gamble around other gamblers. A story circulated after one of Packer's trips to Las Vegas that while he was playing in the high-limit pit in the Bellagio, a gambler at another table was being particularly obnoxious. Packer suffered the boorish player in silence for a while. Finally, he got up, walked over, and asked the man to pipe down.

The man looked at Packer, incredulous that anyone would dare address someone of his caliber and standing in such a manner. "Do you know who I am?" he demanded.

"No," Packer replied.

"I'm [so and so] from Texas and I'm worth fifty million dollars!"

Packer cocked an eyebrow, shrugged, and said, "I'll flip you for it."

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paulie Jay
O Little Down-Payment of Bethlehem

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hah! Love him or hate him, he always had the perfect comeback!

--------------------
All the way with Paulie Jay

Posts: 476 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages