snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » Old Navy supports witchcraft (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Old Navy supports witchcraft
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Too bad it wasn't a Chthulu fish. [Big Grin]

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, a Chthulu fish is better than the Goat With a Thousand Young, at least.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skeptic:
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:
NeeCD, the thing about the "Jesus Fish" that bothers me is that I wonder if the people displaying it are sincere Christians or if they are using that symbol to bring in business. I'm a little suspicious of it because it seems to me that they are commercializing their faith, so I tend not to do business with those places, either.

My brother was ripped off for thousands of dollars by people who proudly displayed the fish symbol on everything they owned, and later told him that he would never succeed in business because he wasn't a Christian.
My very own priest always tells us that in business dealings, when someone starts in on what a good Christian business person they are, to check your wallet.

There are some really ethical and decent business people out there who attribute their good business practises to their faith, but they generally aren't the ones who go around advertising it. They are the doers, not the talkers.
Whenever someone starts in the minute I meet them on how good a Christian they are, I run for the hills. (I would react that way towards any faith but there aren't anything except Christians where I live, anyway.)

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*slight hijack* Nonny, here's something for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DsgZ4JXXB8&eurl=3D

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chalky Studebaker:
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Do proceeds from Old Navy stores support witchcraft or satanic organizations? My son-in-law has told me he has heard this and will no longer allow his wife to shop there.

This no doubt recalls similar rumours involving McDonald's restaurants some 25 years ago, based on the (supposed) boast of a high-level executive from the chain claiming on Phil Donahue's show that they donate profits to the Church of Satan; remember those rumours?
That was Proctor & Gamble.

Apparently the rumor was started by some Amway folks.

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thomas X
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas X   E-mail Thomas X   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, remember some witches are very nice (Glenda in the 'Wizard of Oz'). Then again, there are others - like my ex. [Smile]

--------------------
It only hurts when I breath.

Posts: 4 | From: Manchester, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thomas X
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas X   E-mail Thomas X   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One more thing. Witchcraft and Satanic Worship are totally separate practices. Take a class on Wicca if you get a chance. Great experience for myself.

--------------------
It only hurts when I breath.

Posts: 4 | From: Manchester, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
btvsrcks
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for btvsrcks   E-mail btvsrcks   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Satanic worship is actually an offshoot of christianity. Since Satan only exists there.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 69 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages