snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » Pooping Barbie dog pulled from shelves? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pooping Barbie dog pulled from shelves?
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by magpie:
(Chalk me up as another who thinks naming your child as an archaic occupation is silly)

Archaic?

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Yleemjseg
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yleemjseg   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We used to have a cat named Bruce. I called him Brucelini, or Il Bruce.

I sometimes wonder at names with spelling so creative that they're difficult to figure out the pronunciation of, but i don't understand what the issue is with using names that used to be more commonly last names.
Without a bit of creativity and some additions to the name pool, we'd constantly be stuck in the Michael and Jennifer fest that was the '80s. I swear, there were three of each in most of my grade school classes.

And i second Jenn's "Archaic?"

Posts: 225 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
die daagliks phosdex
Monster Mashed Potatos & Grave-y

Icon 98 posted      Profile for die daagliks phosdex   Author's Homepage   E-mail die daagliks phosdex   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Neeva:
My youngest sister has this weird habit of assigning really off the wall names to pets.

Back when we were kids, Dad used to raise horses... and he made the mistake of telling us kids we could name one foal per year. For three years running, she named every foal after kitchen appliances! Refrigerator, Microwave, and Countertop heh. I suspect Dad renamed those when he sent in the papers lol! Although there is a fairly well known quarter horse named Refrigerator (different breed entirely, so I know it's not the same horse heh) so apparently it's not THAT uncommon....

Now imagine what it would sound like @ the racetrack....

--------------------
"Nie lees die hoofopskrifte--lees die daagliks phosdex in plaas ..."

Posts: 1316 | From: Winona, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In order of feline acquisition I have Milady Elaine D'Avalon ("Milady"), Harrison Greebo Alexander of Lancre ("Harry"), Phoebe Regina Mahalia Duchamp ("Phoebe"), and Drusilla Amara Tuthmose III ("Tootsie, and no, there were no I and II). They act like tiny people, and we refer to them accordingly.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm coming late to this thread only to say I ALWAYS misread it as "Pooping Barbie doll pulled from shelves?

Brad "Jeepers! I'm gonna need a whole nother ROLL!" from Georgia

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drizzly Quigley:
People naming their kids after colonial professions - Tanner, Cooper, et al - is one of my munchkins.

My middle name is Chandler. I don't think it was intended to be trendy, (A) since I'm over 40, and (2) since it's after my great-great-uncle Chandler.

Could have been worse -- I could have been named after his brother Homer.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages