snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » Fudging expense reports (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fudging expense reports
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vtsquire:
one I heard was about people who would get re-imbursed for their gas costs. Instead of putting $20 in the tank, they'd pay twenty (get a reciept for it), put ten in the tank, get $10 back in change... then spend the remaining $10 on whatever and get re-imbursed for the whole thing upon showing the reciepts, attributing costs to "bad mileage from sitting in traffic."

My father does this to the guy he works for. He delivers engine parts and drives a company van. The owner never asks for explanations, just the receipts. He drives so many miles and the guy doesn't keep up with it, so he has no idea he's getting hosed.

ETA:

I worked for a company that allowed a certain amount each day for meals. Anything below a certain amount, you could just write it in on the expense report, no questions asked; anything above that amount, you had to have approved and show a receipt.

I went on a last minute trip to Michigan once and because it was so last minute, the manager let me use a car and I drove instead of flying.

I had mentioned that I don't usually eat breakfast, and he told me to expense the max amount for breakfast every morning anyway (something like $9) then at least one night, go out and have a nice dinner. The dinner amount was $25. Each night, I had a resonably priced dinner, but one night I went to a nice steak house and had a $50 meal, and still made a few bucks.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chipper McGee
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Chipper McGee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy B:
1. Early 1980s. Cow-orker discovers....

2. "Everyone knows" that a cow-orker has been....

Now would a cow-orker be a cow who orks or a person who orks cows? Either way is it legal and can I get away with putting it on my expense report?

Chipper "mooooooooooving funds" McGee

Posts: 12 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The big question is, of course, what does the average cow think of such behaviour?

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages