snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » Alan Greenspan's speaking fee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alan Greenspan's speaking fee
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it true that Alan Greenspan requires that his speaking
engagement fees be paid in gold rather than U.S. currency? Lots of people
in our area (southern Oregon) are talking about this.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I never heard of this myself bt I dont understand why anybody would want to be paid in gold when that would be more of a convenence to get a check.

I would think that would limit his potential audince signifigantly to facilities that can abotain gold.
This site was the first link that made any mention of the rumor, but everybody that replied didnt put much stock into its plausibility.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages