snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Business » SIGNS that make no sense (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: SIGNS that make no sense
notgillcup
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notgillcup     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Hairsplitters? I resemble that remark.

quote:
darned if my first thought wasn't that the sign meant "Warning! Dangerous signs ahead!"
[lol]
Posts: 264 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mizzie
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizzie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Wow, ok, I'm not going to read through 22 pages of signs here, so I don't know if something like this was posted or not. But...

In my home town there is a sign that says "No signs allowed on this Corner". O_o

Posts: 41 | From: Baxter, MN | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tuff_gong

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tuff_gong     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
A business in northwest Arkansas -
"Beaver Lake Taxidermy and Kennel"

"Hi, I'm here to pick my German Shep - OH MY GOD, NOOOOO!"

--------------------
"Cops Nab Co-eds in Pot Orgy"

Posts: 18 | From: Springdale, AR | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mizzie

Icon 202 posted      Profile for mizzie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Just remembered a couple more while reading through the thread (ok, changed my mind and did read it all ^_^ ).

There's a place along a highway in MN called Charlie's Tubing. The name is painted on the front of a huge garage type building (where, apparently, Charlie rents out tubes and such to go down the river). The problem is, in the middle of the building, there is a huge garage door and the Tubing part is painted over it. So when the door is open, it looks like this:

CHARLIE'S
__|BI|__
TU| |NG

*cough* charlie's bi tung??? Good to know. O_o

In a mid-sized town in central MN, there is an auto shop called "Larry's Hydraulic Hose". [Eek!] I don't care to hear about his hose...

In the same town there is a funeral parlor called "Cease Funeral Home". Nice.

Posts: 41 | From: Baxter, MN | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by tuff_gong:
A business in northwest Arkansas -
"Beaver Lake Taxidermy and Kennel"

"Hi, I'm here to pick my German Shep - OH MY GOD, NOOOOO!"

You are a bad, bad person. You also owe me a new keyboard.

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well today I took a different route to work and found a full size billboard sign for a new Thai restaurant in town. Now usually, I don't read many billboards, but the rather "happy" looking woman and the name of the place caught my eye.

The name of the new place was Phuket.

How do you pronounce that? I can think of two ways, neither of which would be something I would say in public.

ETA: I found it on Wiki: Phuket
... so evidently it is pronounced Poo ket. It still gets you as you pass the sign...

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 05 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I took this one yesterday in Concord, NH.

-

Here's the full picture

-

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ligeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ligeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I saw this on the side of a truck. I guess it makes sense, I just wonder why someone decided to combine these two things in their business.

Dog and Archery Supplies

--------------------
Fight evil diaper rash!

Posts: 196 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turbo Snail

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turbo Snail     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
For Sale by Owner always gets me. I saw it on a car today and thought, well who the hell else would be selling the car? someone who doesn't own it?

--------------------
Has anyone seen my other shoe?

Posts: 40 | From: Richmond, Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
<