snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Do you keep your magazines or throw them away?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you keep your magazines or throw them away?
Mr. Billion
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Billion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always kept my magazines, but apparently a lot of people just throw them away. I think of magazines like I think of books or comic books, both of which I can't bear to part with. Which do you do?

And if you keep your magazines, what do you do with them? The volume of eight years' worth of a subscription to Scientific American, two years to Discover, and soon to be National Geographic is starting to make the "stack 'em up" method of storage a little impractical. How do you sort/store them? Maybe just throwing them away is the better option after all.

--------------------
"For the U.S. to get involved militarily in determining the outcome of the struggle over who's going to govern Iraq strikes me as a classic definition of a quagmire." ~Dick Cheney.

Posts: 747 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a constant bone of contention in my house. I recieve two acedemic journals that I keep. They are both quarterly and all fit on one shelf in our office. My husband recieves two weekly journals and has for 10 years. He insists on keeping these. They are everywhere in our house. There's a full shelf in the basement. Half of the closet in the baby's room. There are some on a shelf in our room and in the dining room closet. The newest ones are over flowing the new improved mail sorting apparatus that I devised. At least they are over flowing his area rather than eating up my mail.

He also has every Dragon Magazine even though he bought the CDs with PDFs of the whole dang thing a few years ago.

Occasionally I'll buy a sci-fi or popular news mag. I'll read them and pitch them. Ocassionally they become baby toys for a while but eventually they go away.

Does your local library keep any of these titles? Or do they subscribe to EBESCO. My local library does and I see it has full text from National Geographic, Discover, and Scientific American back to 1995. This doesn't include pictures unfortunately and sometimes the most recent are not online for a certain period of time.

If there is a subject you are particularly interested in you could do a search in EBESCO (or Google Scholar) and then just keep those issues. Or you can do is tear out or scan the article you really think you might need someday.

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
happyholidaysfrog
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happyholidaysfrog   Author's Homepage   E-mail happyholidaysfrog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For my family and myself, we tend to keep mags, but we don't get very many.

My Dad gets National Geographic and has about three years worth of those that I still like to go back through and read. I don't get any mags right now but I have three years worth of High Times from over two years ago or so(the oldest being 5 yo). My sister has all of her cake decorating magazines that she has recieved.
My little brother has a million Disney Adventures mags all over his room.

But then it depends on the magazine, there are some that I would not keep, but then I'm not likely to order those(I can get them at the library).

--------------------
~All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream~
E.A.Poe

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
~James Dean~

Posts: 516 | From: Anderson, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buckleupp
Away in a Manager

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckleupp   E-mail Buckleupp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep most of my Peoples, and I always buy the year in review editions of Life. I have these special editions from 1982, and they are great to have as a chronicle of the times. I wish I had kept them in better condition, but I like to have them out for guests to look at, and they are well loved. I'll never throw them out. I have a big waterproof shed. [Smile]

--------------------
HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding that first Ha. -Stewie Griffin

Posts: 112 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dog Friendly
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dog Friendly   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dog Friendly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in charge of periodicals at our local library, and I'm the one who gets to go through the donated periodicals people like to leave us when they're cleaning out their garage, or whatever.

We do look for older issues of some titles, in order to complete our collection. For example, I'm very interested in any National Geographics from before 1883. That's eighteen-eighty-three; we're complete for over a century. I need four issues of the American Heritage from the first three volumes to complete our collection of that title. I take this part of my job very seriously, and am overjoyed when I make a lucky find.

But please, please, do not try to unload last year's TV Guide on your library. No library in the US needs more back issues of People, or Teen Beat, or Reader's Digest. Mixing mail-order catalogues in with the magazines is also annoying.

And finally, if the magazines are already torn, incomplete, crawling with bugs, particularly silverfish, or crusted with unidentified food residues and/or automotive fluids, you're not doing your library any favor by donating them. A simple rule I wish more people would follow is this: If you plan to drop them off when you know the library is closed, rather than let the library staff see who it is that left those "donations", you should probably just put them in the trash, or recycle the paper.

I'm trying to be polite here, but this is an issue that really pushes my buttons. Please note, I don't mean to accuse y'all of any of these practices, I'm just grabbing this forum for a minute to attempt to educate anyone who may profit from the lesson.

We now return to the entertainment portion of your program...

Dog Friendly

--------------------
"Nobody ever got stoned and beat up his old lady" -- Spence, snapdragonfly's friend

Posts: 768 | From: North Hollywood, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I drop ours off at the local branch of the library. We have some music and gaming magazines which kids who hang at the library after school like to read. Others like National Geographic are, at the descretion of the librarian, either are used or passed to the Friends of the Library for their yearly sale. I use to drop off my Times at the laundramat I used. We keep cooking magazines and MAD. Everything else except an occaission special issue get passed on. Nothing goes in the trash or even the recycling.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Our local library puts donated magazines that aren't going into the collection in a large case in the foyer for people to take at no charge. School children, NH admins, etc. take full advantage of it. But as Dog Friendly said, still don't donate dirty, buggy, moldy or torn mags. Yecch.

The same holds for books that g-you might want to donate for the book sales. The library makes a good bit of $$ that way to go toward the purchase of new books, but it's just as easy for g-you to put the unusable books in the trash as it is for the library staff to do so.

You can also donate books and mags to local NHs, but do call first. Some don't want them or already have more than they can use.

I'd rather keep every magazine, but there's a limit as to how much space I'm willing to allocate to them.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep any of the magazines that have tributes to someone I like- such as the Steve Irwin tributes (kept them all). But, otherwise, I give my weekly magazines to a friend who takes them to work. My monthly magazines (which, as you know, come a month early), I take to the Veteran's hospital and leave them there.

I subscribe to, I think, ten magazines. Four of those- for a fact- are weekly. [Smile]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What a timely thread!

DH just unloaded the equivalent of 5 55 gallon garbage bags full of magazines. They went to the local library.

Most were automotive or Four Wheeler type magazines. He was saving them for the articles, but finally gave up.

When I'm done with my magazines (only 2), I bring them into work for the lunchroom or give them to my mom.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Louise
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Louise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I get Muse, Cosmo Girl, Cosmpolitan, Seventeen, Anime Insider and Shojo Beat. I usually throw out Muse, as well as Anime Insider because I don't really re-read them, but I keep the girly magazines because they have good tips for hair and makeup and whatnot. I also keep all my Archies, and just a few days ago, I arranged them by Name and number in some of my drawers, and it should work pretty well because I still have sufficient space for all of it.

--------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Posts: 173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to save all of them and now I typically toss them when I'm done.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dog Friendly. I've had to do that too! What we usually have is a member retires and donates his journals to my library. These things have often been sitting in a basement for years. Some were mixed in with patient records. Two years ago this week we went through almost all the old boxes and so many of the old journals had to be thrown away. They were too moldy to even take to recycling. My eye are itching just remembering.
Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Granny
I'm Dreaming of... never mind, I'm just dreaming.

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Granny   E-mail Granny   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings!
I love magazines and they are as important as books - to me, anyway. The piles of them are getting to be an issue in our house, though. I WILL NOT throw them out, so to compromise, I have begun bundling them up and dropping them off at the doctors' offices or auto repair place, etc. I ask permission first because I can't bear to think that someone will simply toss them out if I just drop them in their waiting rooms. Most offices are happy to have them, as long as all your personal information is removed (for your protection, of course).

Happy reading! [Big Grin]

--------------------
That's why I am asking... I only know what I know and I don't know everything!

Blessings, Granny

Posts: 3 | From: Rochester, NH | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monster Joe
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monster Joe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Monster Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep some magazines, like guitar mags, lying around. But I'm not too attached to them. After a while they end up in the bathroom where they eventually disappear.
The only mag I keep is Classic Rock. It doesn't really contain news, so it doesn't become obsolete.

--------------------
You're saying "Long Live Rock n Roll!" not "Let's go home and drink a beer"

Posts: 43 | From: Belgium | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
violetbon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for violetbon   E-mail violetbon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I volunteer at a local thrift shop and am in charge of the book and magazine section. I second all that Dog Friendly and others have said regarding donations. People have good hearts to be sure... but please think long and hard about the reason you don't want them before passing them on to someone else!

We save certain magazines, but we toss a lot of what we get in. What we do save are the special interest, uncommon kind of things. Uncommon cooking magazines, decorating magazines, and travel magazines are savers. Stuff that cannot be bought at a newsstand. Common stuff like People, Readers' Digest, Good Housekeeping, etc. goes right in the trash, unless it is very old or has something of historical significance in it. For those, we have a guy who puts it on ebay.

We get so much crap in, it's amazing. People donate coloring books that have scribbling on every page. Magazines that have stuff torn/cut out. And, being that this is a church run thrift shop, we get LOTS of glurgy type devotional books. As for the fiction books, what really moves (at least in our store) are the romance and suspense. I had about 30 Readers' Digest condensed books that I gave to the local Goodwill store because we weren't moving them and I can't spare the space. Those were popular in the 70's, but no one wants them anymore. (That's probably an over-generalized statement, but if they haven't moved in over a year...) I try to keep a variety of non-fiction titles on the shelves as well, though those don't move much. Cookbooks move well.

I am a book lover too... but the unfortunate fact of life is that there's no value to us unless we can sell it.

Posts: 193 | From: Seymour, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ILS
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILS   E-mail ILS   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I try to keep a variety of non-fiction titles on the shelves as well, though those don't move much.

I was in a used bookshop the other day, killing some time waiting for other parties to arrive for lunch. I perused the 'technical' section and was rather amazed at some of the titles. Did they think they where ever going to sell the "Netscape 4" technical book, let alone three of them?
Posts: 287 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It depends on the magazine... Things like Entertainment Weekly (a family member subscribes) or Time Out Chicago which is mostly about events, are thrown out. Things like Whole Dog Journal which have a lot of useful articles that I may want to refer to later are kept. With other magazines I keep some issues and not others depending on the content.

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My household has five magazine subscriptions, two of them weekly, and there is only one magazine we keep after it is read.

Dork Alert: I store articles I want to hang on to in three-ring binders. I have one for recipes, one for crafts, and one for general stuff. Each binder is divided into more detailed sections. I either rip out or photocopy the section I want to keep, slip it in a page protector, and into the binder.

Mr. S's Woodworking magazines are stored in plastic holders similar to this and labeled by year & project highlights.

-Star"I loves my label maker"la

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to keep everything. Then I found I had boxes full of mags that I never went back to reread. There's one series I still keep, but that one's a bit more comic-book-ish than most magazines anyway. The rest I toss when the next issue comes out.

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
babyshoes

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyshoes   E-mail babyshoes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I get Smithsonian, Southern Living, Countryside, and Handwoven magazines. I toss Southern Living when I'm done with it, after tearing out anything I actually do want to keep. Smithsonian gets thrown out; again, I might pull out an article or two if I know someone who would be interested. Dad stores the Countryside magazines for us (we really do go back and use information from that one), and I keep Handwoven in my studio.

Both children have magazine subscriptions, too, and I make periodic sweeps to dispose of those.

--------------------
"When Jesus said to love your enemies, I think he meant don't kill them." from a song by Linda K. Williams

Posts: 124 | From: Rappahannock County, VA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   E-mail Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starla:
*snip*

Dork Alert: I store articles I want to hang on to in three-ring binders. I have one for recipes, one for crafts, and one for general stuff. Each binder is divided into more detailed sections. I either rip out or photocopy the section I want to keep, slip it in a page protector, and into the binder. *snip*
-Star"I loves my label maker"la

*Mouth gapes* what an awesome idea! I don't know why I never thought of that before! I HATE clutter, so I always end up thinking "gee, i'd like to keep this article...oh well!" before tossing the magazine into the recycing bin. You're a genius! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Wicked Witch of the West was FRAMED!

Posts: 201 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to pass Newsweek on to my Dad, but then I let the subscription lapse. The only magazine I get now is a quilting magazine, which I keep. I often go back a year or two later and find a pattern that did nothing for me when I first got it that is now just the thing to make.

And Starla, I often think about your suggestion. But since I like one pattern one day and another one a different day, I just end of keeping the whole magazine anyway.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
defaultcrush
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for defaultcrush   Author's Homepage   E-mail defaultcrush   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom has subscriptions to People and Redbook so I always get them when she's done with them. When I've finished reading them, I'll bring them to work and leave them in the lunchroom. They're usually gone within a few days.

I'll have to try the binder idea, though. I usually just rip out recipes and shove them in random drawers or something, never to be seen again.

--------------------
Kaylee Frye: Been more'n a year since I had anything twixt my nethers didn't run on batteries!
-Serenity

Posts: 503 | From: Utah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep a few, I find that I'm more likely to clip and store pictures or articles like Starla mentioned or scan pages and save them onto cds these days though.

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to hang on to magazines, but since the advent of the Internet I'm pretty ruthless about tossing stuff now. I figure if I'm a subscriber I can always access any article I'd want online.

I suppose I could donate them to my local hospital, but it just seems like it is postponing the inevitable.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The only magazine we keep is Consumer Reports. The other magazines go to the sharing area at the recycling center.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Starla, that is a MAGNIFICENT idea! I think I'm going to start doing that!

Lady "excited cause she already has all the supplies!" Moon

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a stack of ancient PC Gamers that are holding up the phone next to my bed.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I throw out most magazines unless. I get my diving magazine, three college-related magazines, two professional journal magazines, and a magazine for a group that I belong to. Originally, I saved my professional magazines. A few years ago, I tossed them as well since I had never referred back to them. Now, I have around 3 years of them built up. It might be time to throw those out again.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Vindication!! I have often felt like a terrible dork with my binders, but they work for me. [Smile]

quiltsbypam- Coming across patterns he didn't like before is a big reason Mr S keeps his woodworking magazines whole. The magazine has an index in the back of each issue that details the year's projects, so it's easier for him to find what he needs.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When DD was getting Zoobooks and we wanted to keep them, we found these great things at The Container Store -- plastic doodads that slid into the spine of the magazine and could then be put into a 3-ring binder without ripping up or punching holes in the magazine. I can't find them on the website; they were on the impulse rack by the register. I'll look for the binders and see if there's a name or number on them.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I found a box of old weight lifting magazine in the closet my spouse was keeping. I really don't see the need to keep old magazines. Really.. she would not notice if I threw them all away.. hmmmm...

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I only subscribe to one quarterly magazine "Apeture", and I keep them because they're very nice quality and usually have lovely pictures in them. It's a photography magazine.

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages