snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » What did you got for Christmas and your rating for it? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What did you got for Christmas and your rating for it?
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ask a Ninja DVD -- 10/10

Seinfeld season 7 -- haven't watched all the special features yet, but I freakin' love that show, so I'm sure it's a 10/10

3 books -- the one I've started is one I asked for, but I'm not loving it as much as I had hoped. Probably something like 6/10. Not sure about the others.

TMBG's "Flood" cd -- I've been wanting this on cd for like forever (I have it on cassette). Definite 10/10

TMBG mug -- 10/10

Ask a Ninja T-shirt -- 5/10. Not Elwood's fault though. He ordered the "I look forward to killing you soon" shirt, and they sent me the wrong one. Still hasn't heard from the Ninja about how to fix this problem. [Roll Eyes]

Watch -- 8/10. It looked cooler in the ad than it actually is.

Down comforter -- 3/10. It's really nice, but it's not the color of my bedroom, and I don't really want to replace my comforter right now anyway.

$$$ -- 10/10. Elwood and I are planning a little get-away to celebrate our 10th anniversary, so a little extra for that will be lovely. Plus, I can order the mega-pack from Homestar Runner. Nice.

ETA: Sorry -- didn't see that Elwood was logged into my computer again!

~Mooommmeee

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a robe that does not fit

I got a 'skin' for our game cube and a new game for it with the walkthrough book. (It was the same game I was contimblaning (SP) getting for the DD for christmas. hmmmm)

I got a bottle of my favorite lotion from Victoria Secrets and a rub down from the spouse. NICE!

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Like a Viking returning from the monasteries of coastal Hibernia, I return from Christmas laden with booty.

Books:

Too numerous to mention, but they all look good. Some of them are for next semester.

Most notable among them are Hans Urs von Balthasar's "TheoDrama vol. 4: The Action", Thomas Weinandy's "Does God Suffer?", and Henri de Lubac's "Medieval Exegesis vol. 2".

DVDs:

St. Elsewhere Season 1: 7/10 - It's great that it's finally out on DVD, but the DVDs are barebones - very few extras.

Family Guy vols. 3 and 4 - Haven't started watching them yet, but I'm projecting 10/10.

V for Vendetta - 8/10 - Pretty standard DVD.

Dazed and Confused 8/10 - Lots of extras, but I received the full screen version. I'm a wide screen kind of guy.

The Office Season 1 - 7/10 - Practically no extras. Uninspiring navigation.

The Office Season 2 - Haven't watched it yet, but it looks promising.

My wife also received a number of DVDs, such as "Punky Brewster vols. 1 and 2", "The Cosby Show vol. 2" and a few others.

Clothing:

Two L.L. Bean zip up sweaters. 10/10. I like them, but my wife does not.

Two L.L. Bean turtlenecks - I haven't worn turtlenecks in a while, but I'm looking forward to starting again.

New slippers 10/10 - They actually stay on my feet.

A "Holy See Athletic Department" Sweatshirt - 10/10 - perhaps my favorite gift.

And other assorted socks, underwear and t-shirts.

Computer Game:

"Rome: Total War" - 10/10 - Quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, it's going to take me away from my reading, and the home improvement stuff I have to do.

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hardcover John Bellairs/Brad Strickland books with Edward Gorey covers: 10/10

Black Books 1st season on DVD 10/10

Pokemon Fire Red Edition: 8/10 (would have been 10/10, but it seems to be almost exactly the same as Leaf Green so far and I was expecting it to be a slightly different game. [Frown] )

Binoculars: 10/10

Bird Watching Guide Book: 10/10

"Barefoot in the Park" DVD: 10/10

"Phantom of the Paradise" DVD: 10/10

"Star Trek: The Animated Series" DVD: 10/10

Rachel Ray Cookbook: 5/10 She kinda annoys me, and she names her recipes weirdly.

"The Gallery of Regrettable Food" the book: 10/10

Bracelet from my husband: 10/10

Used fanny-pack from my grandmother-in-law: 10/10 for sheer amusement factor!

There were more presents, but that's all I can remember at the moment, I'm so spoiled! [Eek!]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite gift was from my husband and kids - a spa day. It would be a 10/10 but my MIL got the same gift and wants to go together. She spent all week complaining that she doesn't like people looking at her body, picking at her, etc. I have to use my great gift with someone who doesn't want to do it and will probably ruin the day for me? Ick.

My second favorite gift was a bodhran from my parents. 10/10, although I have to practice up. I haven't played in a while.

Princess Bride book and DVD from my brother - 10/10. Love the movie and I haven't yet read the book so I was excited to get it. Makes up for the perfume set he gave me that I will be returning.

Desk lamp - 8/10

gift cards for local mall, bookstore and my favorite coffee shop - 10/10.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages