snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » So who wants to meet Mickey Blue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So who wants to meet Mickey Blue?
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As some of you know I am planning to move to California, well when the time comes (not until the summer though) I will be driving the long haul across this great country of ours.

While chatting with some people over on the snopes IRC channel some members suggested I stop over and say hey, have a beer, crash on the couch, whatever. So, the though occured to me, not only would making some stops and visiting people (both people I personally know and snopesters I don't) be interesting in itself, but it would also serve to break up the monotony of the drive some.

My trip is not planned yet, but generally its gonna be a line across the country from Virginia to Southern Cali, the primary roads (from just a basic look over the maps) are I64 toward St. Louis, I70 Through Kansas, I15 To Vegas.. I may also consider I40..

Really though those are just considerations and can easily be changed at this point, and while those of you who live in the northern reaches of Washington state or the southern reaches of Texas are out of luck on this trip at least, anybody who lives a little closer to center can certainly let me know and I'll see if its doable (and yes, I can be bought).

So.. If anybody is interested in meeting me on my epic trip (ok not "epic" but "long" [Smile] ) let me know.

-MB

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you go waaaay out of your way and come to Toronto, I'm up for it [Razz]

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's kinda obvious for me to say, but, f'sure, I'll be delighted to meet you when you're here!

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not fair! I kinda live in the middle of Washington. You should visit here. *pout*

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahh I'm in NE Oregon I could be on the way to Cali (but not really)

Sounds like a GREAT scheduling idea--It will make for an interesting road trip--
Details my dear, details---- we will wait.

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, if you decide to take 80 across the good 'ol USA, take a stop up here in Northern California.

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well.. Don't have alot of details yet, still a while until I go (not until summer, possibly as late as August).

I'm going from central Virginia to Southern California, so just imagine a general line between the two and if your anywhere near that line (or even if your not) let me know and we'll see.. I don't mind going a little out of the way to meet somebody interesting, or find a place to stay the night, or do something fun, or what have you.. That said I do think those of you in Washington state are out, sorry KmCm [Smile]

I just figured I'd throw the idea out there so I could get an idea who lived where and who was interested.

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd love to meet you, but I'm a bit north of your planned route. [Smile]

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you wander a little bit south to pick up I-40, I'd be happy to say hello.

(Incidentally, my bro is in NoCal, so if I ever make it out there to visit him, we could hook up on the left coast at some point as well).

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you do take I-64 through Lexington, let me know. I'm just an hour north.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How about Salamander? He seems like a nice guy. You should detour over his way.

[Wink]

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[tries to figure out whether it's left or right at Vladivostock coming from that direction...]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, depending on when your trip is, we'd be happy to meet up with you!

Granted, we're taking two weeks to go back "home" around the 4th of July, and I'll be in Philly visiting a friend of mine after that, but when you get organized, and make a decision on when you're coming this way, please tell me!

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages