snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Woooooo! (exercise celebratory thread):

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woooooo! (exercise celebratory thread):
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I've been hitting the gym, trying to get into better shape, all that jazz.. Well, just got to a milestone, one of my dress shirts no longer fits me in the shoulders.. Since I've been losing weight not gaining it (or rather losing fat, everybody says I look skinnier) it must mean I am building muscle back there, which is a good thing since its my main goal with working out (I was never really fat, though I could've standed to lose a few pounds, mainly I wanted to increase my strength).

So.. Woooo! Here's to military presses! The best thing to come out of the military since those calanders of women in bikinis holding M-16s.

Mickey "Sorry troops, but c'mon.." Blue

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats!!!!

My New years resolution is to lose 50 lbs by my anniversary(June 30).

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yayyyyyy!

Keep it going!

I am going to try to exercise at least 3x a week, and burn 250 calories each time I exercise.

We'll see!

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nicki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicki     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats Mickey Blue!!! That's a great accomplishment. And not easy either.

And good luck to annabohly. I wish you the best with that.

I'd love to lose about 30 pounds but I get so discoraged so easily. I hate when I don't see any improvement in a short time. I always want to see results and I want to see them now.

Any tips from you guys?

Posts: 332 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yea, take a picture of yourself in a bikini (or underware, or whatever allows you to see "yourself"..

Then totally ignore any progress or comparisons for three months while you workout/eat right/whtaever..

Then look at your old picture and look at yourself in the mirror.. You'll be amazed.

--------------------

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Job Mickey!
Good Luck annabohly!

I lost 40 pounds this semester, and plan on using the free gym at school to loose the other 40.

Nicki, you just have to keep at it. I didn't really realize I had lost that much weight until I came home for Thanksgiving. Just ignore what is going on and keep it up.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nicki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicki     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a good idea Mickey, I'll give it a try.

That's my problem sirknight, I'd weight myself everyday hoping to see a change. I can stick with it but get discourage if I don't see any results quickly. I think I tend to "burn out" in the beginning. Ya know, kill yourself working out everyday and watching what you eat and at the end of 3 weeks, I would have lost only a pound or 2 and think to myself "I killed myself for only a pound??" I have to change my way of thinking.

Posts: 332 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yea, in regards to that, make a somewhat normal, even light workout routine*. Then do it wahtever days are appropriate (every day, every other day, two days on one day off, etc) and try to eat "balanced" not "hardcore diet only sprouts and water". Then do as I mentioned above, don't weigh yourself don't compare yourself don't measure yourself don't do anything for three months (odds are you'll notice minor things here and there, but it won't seem like much since you will have forgotten your baseline) then look at the picture, you'll see huge results.

*Working out more, to a point, is better then working out less.. But working out less is better then workout out none.. In other words having a hard core workout plan is no good if you won't do it.. So better to come up with something easier that you WILL do.. Same holds true for dieting/eating right. Sure eating truly "clean" is best, but if you won't do it then it dosn't help you, so treat yourself, have foods that aren't so great some of the time, remember its moderation, not alienation (not the best word but hey it rhymed)

--------------------

annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I plan to try to eat better. I never overate, but ate the wrong things. I am cutting down to a 1800 calorie a day diet, with every third day allowing 200 more calories, and working out 45 min a day. Treadmill, weights, situps jumping jacks, oh and walking the dog!!!! The 45 doen't have to be continuous, so i'll do 30-35 mins workout and walk the dog abou 10-15 min a day.

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nicki
Deck the Malls

Thanks Mickey, that's a good plan. Maybe if I plan my workouts on a calendar ahead of time, it will help me to not "over do it" and then burn out.

That's going to be a tough one - not weigh myself. I'll see how long I can hold out.

*confession - I was just looking on-line for a new scale (I just got rid of my old one)

Mickey Blue

Yea, like my workout plan is not as "hard core" as I'd perhaps like it to be, but its one of those things that I know I'll burn out if I make it too hard and then stop doing it.

--------------------

FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just read in a Reader's Digest that people who weigh themselves regulary (I don't remember if it said every day) tend to lose more weight than those who don't weigh themselves regularly. Once a week is probably best though.

My problem is motivation and finding something I LIKE to do...on a low/no income budget at the moment. The Apartment "gym" (I use the term very very loosely...) is awful.. just two pieces of equipment... a treadmill (seems okay) and a weights station sort of thing that looks like its at least 20 years old. In a very tiny room.

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mickey, now walk around (flexing if you wish), and speak as if you're Ah0nold's long-lost brother.

"Yah, I am most huge. You shall bow before my hugeness, weakling!"

I do it all the time. Wonder why I get those funny looks from people. [fish]

Anyway. Good job.

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent job brother Blue! I was already considering starting a thread in support of anyone who's setting new fitness goals for 2007. The reason I say "fitness" is to include those who are trying to gain (muscle) and those trying to shed flab.

I personally am about a month into a new regimen designed around tone, definition and stamina. Although they are not part of my specified goals, size and bulk are acceptable side efects of the new workout regimen.

I was even prepared to provide before/after pics, but I'm not sure how long we'll be able to post on this version of the board. The new board isn't quite ready to handle image links, which is just as well. I haven't taken the pics yet.

So, who's in?

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages