snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know snopes and Jenn probably cringe at the thought of each individual snopester starting their own "happy holidays" thread, but since I haven't posted much in awhile, I will request special Christmas dispensation. [Big Grin]

Anyway, I just wanted to wish all the snopesters out there a happy winter-based festivity of your choice. [Smile] [Big Grin] I hope y'all's holiday seasons are safe and joyous, full of good food, good times, and good family. [Smile] Cheers!

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Archie2K
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie2K   Author's Homepage   E-mail Archie2K   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Shouldn't that be "Merry Christmas"!! [Mad] Don't you know this is a Christian internet?

From Father James Christmas and his wife Mary. [Smile]

--------------------
Vox populi vox canem

Posts: 1985 | From: Reading, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was woken by hail this morning. It only lasted for a minute or two before it changed to rain and melted, but it's probably the closest I'll ever come to a white Christmas in this part of the world. [lol]

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paulie Jay
O Little Down-Payment of Bethlehem

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just got home from work... Merry Christmas all! [Smile]

--------------------
All the way with Paulie Jay

Posts: 476 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vinnichanka
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinnichanka   Author's Homepage   E-mail Vinnichanka   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas from fabulous Brooklyn with 50-degree weather!

--------------------
Ladies and gentlemen, chlorinate your gene pools!

Posts: 250 | From: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Seasons greetings and all the best in the new year from the Great White North

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings from west Texas where it's cold, wet, windy, and my luggage is 75 miles away so I had to buy a pair of sweats to sleep in so we can wash my clothes I've been in all day dashing through the airport for tomorrow. doh.
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas from Tucson, where it's currently about 38.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? DesertRat, why do you hate America?

I'll get it.... [fish]

No, seriously....Happy Holidays! And Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year! And a wonderful Hanukah, a blessed Solstice, a magical Kwanza, a great Saturnalia, and...

Well, just generally be happy, OK?

Oh, and here in San Diego, it's a frigid 53 degrees Farenheit at 1:35 in the morning, if my clock and outdoor thermometer are accurate....

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rainy and 70 degrees, here. Typical Christmas weather.

Have a wonderful holy day or holiday, whatever you celebrate. May your new year be your best year yet!

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy holidays from the Douglas POE, where the current temperature is 26 degrees. Feels like 18 with the wind chill. High desert, you know (4200 feet elevation).

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas to all, it's 40 degrees and climbing here in SE New England.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 105 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Xmas from Michigan where it's a balmy 37ºF and should get 4-5 degrees warmer still!

Hope Santa brings you everything you wanted!

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 219 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, or do the secular Christmas thing like I do, from windy Wyoming where the wind chill will keep the temperature in the 30s today. For everyone else Merry Holidays, although I've missed a coupld of holidays already.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 219 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from a blustery New York run by the Swiss!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas, a cool Yule, happy holidays, and a wonderful 2007 from a rather chilly, rainy section of the Georgia hills--45 degrees at the moment. We opened presents with my daughter and her boyfriend this morning, and this afternoon Macheath and his wife return from the frozen tundra of Philadelphia.

Mrs. from Georgia gave me a lottery ticket. I won fifty bucks!

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
creative gal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creative gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Christmas from a rather cold, cloudy UK.

--------------------
Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down..

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays from a rainy North Carolina. We celebrated yesterday at my sister's house before her grand kids went off to their father's house last night.

A neighbor stopped by this morning making his Christmas rounds but the rest of the day should be quiet.

Here is one last present for all you snopesters.
Cats in Hats for Christmas

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Holidays from soaking wet Georgia. I'm still cleaning house for the arrival of my family for dinner tonight!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas from the science wasteland of Kansas!

I just got off the phone with my family in Wichita because I couldn't make it there this year, and my uncle told me I was getting something heavy, special and big. I am now dieing of curiosity.

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Holidays if you're celebrating something, just plain Be Happy if you're not!

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas from a green wonderland here in Ottawa. I'm killing time on the computer until it's time to head over to my sister's for the big family dinner. Should be fun! We had a wonderful Christmas and I got lots of lovely loot [Cool] . I hope Santa was good to all who were expecting some Xmas treats!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DadOf3
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf3     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas from Halifax, too. It's as green here as it is in Ottawa. I was really hoping for snow, too, after all my less-than-thrilling time in Bermuda. It was around 6C today, which is around 43F.
Posts: 539 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from central Arizona, where it is cool and clear and very sunny. I'm getting a shower for Christmas!

(Honest! Our water heater's been on the fritz for a couple of weeks now, so we've been making do -- heating water on the stove. A couple of times I washed my hair in cold water from the tap, which made my scalp hurt. But today my housemate rented us a motel room, just for showers!)

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas to everyone from Melbourne where, in spite of it being summer, it was 14C and constantly rainy (or hailing, as Em mentioned).

However crap Christmas weather is something of a Melbourne tradition!

--------------------
I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains - that's why I live in Melbourne, where it always bloody rains.

Posts: 632 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CannonFodder Global Trotter
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CannonFodder Global Trotter   Author's Homepage   E-mail CannonFodder Global Trotter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy day after Christmas (I was busy xmas day, sue me) from Nebraska. Having a great time on leave, and I'm glad that when I have to go back we'll only have a couple months to go on our tour.

Hope everyone's winter solstice was a good one, and was happilly celebrated in whatever way they find best.

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Posts: 2776 | From: LSA Anaconda, Iraq | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dog Friendly
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dog Friendly   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dog Friendly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Boxing Day from North Hollywood, CA.

My friend and I took our dogs to the beach yesterday. It was in the 40s when we started out at 7 am, but the temperature had risen to the low 70s by the time we were headed back at around 11.

Dog (Bark us all bow-wows of folly!) Friendly

--------------------
"Nobody ever got stoned and beat up his old lady" -- Spence, snapdragonfly's friend

Posts: 768 | From: North Hollywood, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy New Year 2007 -- in just a few days!

Lady "glad to be home again" Moon

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages