snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Prayers for a friend please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prayers for a friend please.
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 215 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I asked for prayers for my Mom's neighbor a few months back. He could use some again. He went in for arterial bypass at 8:30 this morning which was supposed to only last about 3 hours. It is 1:00 and I just got off the phone with my Mom. She says that he is still in surgery.

Granted, they said it could last longer but that was only supposed to be if they had to do more than they first thought.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers said and will continue to keep your mom's neighbor in prayer.
My FIL had 6 (yes six) bypasses last Feb. He went in expecting 3. The surgery was extra long, recovery was extra hard, but he is doing greeat! Right now he's in Washington cruising around in his motorhome (he lives in Pheonix, AZ). [Smile]

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't panic yet, tribrats. My surgery in May was supposed to last four hours. It lasted eight.

Nothing bad happened; it just took longer than expected.

Nevertheless, vibes from Toronto for a quick and speedy recovery.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks! He really needs the prayers and vibes!

He came out of surgery around 2:30ish but he was in recovery for much longer than the doctors thought he should have been and when I talked to Mom, he was still in recovery and they expected to be moving him to a room within a couple more hours. He's recovering much slower than they would like. It took forever for me to find out anything. I had to wait for Mom to get home from the hospital (she drove his wife).

--------------------

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure things will be fine tribrats. I'll keep him in my prayers. Let us know how things work out.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
tribrats my thoughts to Moms neighbor and your family too when a friend is down sick it is never easy, I am sure that he will do fine. Bypasses take time to heal and what may seem like forever now, you will look back soon and realize it wasn't all that long. Hugs and prayers to all.

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tribrats, my thoughts, vibes, and prayers are with your mom's neighbor and all his family.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He is in a room and resting comfortably. I don't have anything other than that right now. Looks like he may be spending Christmas in the hospital though.

--------------------

Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am glad to hear that he is resting comfortably. Sending som eprayers for your Mom's neighbor and his family.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Another update. The arterial bypass put a shunt in his belly and ran it to both legs. The leg they were concerned that he would lose was warm and starting to pink up within seconds of them opening the flow. While the other leg would need it eventually, it wasn't absolute yet. But they did it now rather than wait and do a second surgery later. In fact, they said that the bad leg now has better flow than the good leg!

I'm not sure how much longer he will be in the hospital but he is doing great.

Thanks again for all the prayers and vibes!

--------------------

Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

He came home today. Guess he is doing better than they expected!

--------------------

SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Great News! Good Vibes coming for a speedy recovery!

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages