snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » A little Christmas cheer from my daughter.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little Christmas cheer from my daughter.
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 04 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Excuse me being a proud papa, but I wanted to this with all of you.

DD singing

It is a video clip of my daughter singing Mel Torme's "The Christmas Song" and doing and outstanding job if I do say so myself (and I do)!

Enjoy,

Mac"shamelessly proud of his duaghter"Lloyd

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was very nice. You have every reason to be a proud papa.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BluesScale
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BluesScale   E-mail BluesScale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She did a very decent job of that. Rather impressed.

Blues

Posts: 207 | From: Woolhampton, Berks, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The girl's got a lovely voice, no doubts about that.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very nice. She's very pretty, too.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She sounded beautiful. What a nice performance!

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! I don't blame you for being proud. Very nice performance, and such a pretty young woman! Where was this done?

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, that was great! I love that song. Thanks for sharing! [Smile]

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nary a clinker! Lovely voice and young woman! You should be proud, indeed.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dfresh
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dfresh   E-mail dfresh   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very well sung, and a lot of reasons to be proud.
Posts: 420 | From: Oxford, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A very proud Papa indeed she is beautiful and her performance was outstanding!

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks all for the lovely comments. I was so proud of her I just had to share it with someone, and who better than my fellow snopesters.

Signora - She is part of her high school show choir, and every year they do Christmas shows around the community. This particular performance was at a local church Christmas party.

Mac"still about ready to burst"Lloyd

--------------------

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
MacLloyd, you can't tell in the video how old your daughter is, but I must say that she is certainly poised for one still in high school. Her expression was so pleasant all the way through, and her smile didn't look phony like many do. If she so chooses, she's probably got a singing career ahead of her.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In my own, completely non-biased, opinion, she stands out from the rest of the group specificly because of her poise and naturalness (is that a word?). I really wish I could have afforded voice lessons for her, but even still she shines above the other girls who have been taking lessons for years.

We have acted in a couple community theater productions together (Fiddler on the Roof and Bye, Bye Birdie) incidentally playing father and daughter both times. She is a natural actress and a very talented singer. She is planning on attending university next fall and studying education. She wants to be a teacher.

Mac"Yep, I am still so proud I could explode"Lloyd

--------------------

tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Beautiful voice, beautiful young lady. You have every right to be proud. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, I also thought she looked extremely poised and mature and confident for her age. Gorgeous singing voice, and she's also stunning. [Smile]

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages