snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Unhijackable New Year (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Unhijackable New Year
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simply Madeline:
But I guess I've learned my lesson about trying to be helpful.

You didn't do a thing wrong, Madeline. Never stop trying to be helpful just because sometimes noses get out of joint. I came to this thread to post the very same thing you did for the very same reason. If it kills someone's fun, well, that's their problem to deal with and none of your or my concern.

With 5000 registered users (admittedly, I doubt the vast majority will move to the board) and this happening over a holiday I expect a lot of people will take a while to find the new board. We know from experience that multitudes of people routinely miss or neglect to check the Announcements forum. Your post was a good thing.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I registered for the new board! Awaiting approval...

And a heads up in case anyone cares, but I am no longer paisley over there... I'm now granola shoes! [Smile]

I earned that nickname at a meeting earlier this month. Yes, someone actually made a remark about my "granola-y" shoes.

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've given a couple of snopesters who are regulars a heads up about the new board, and they were not aware of the move, so a gentle reminder can't hurt.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good idea for a sig line, Nick.

I've given a few snopesters the message, also, and they weren't aware either. One thought she'd been banned!

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simply Madeline
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simply Madeline     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Changing the thread title on the announcement might help as well. Something along the lines of "EVERYONE MUST RE-REGISTER" would probably get some people's attention.
Posts: 763 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 211 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
If it kills someone's fun, well, that's their problem to deal with and none of your or my concern.

Nice attitude! [lol]

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah hah. It's the threadkiller thread all over again.

Who'll be the last snopester to post in the last thread before they turn out the lights?

--------------------

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
Who'll be the last snopester to post in the last thread before they turn out the lights?

I think it's a motion-detector. As long as we keep posting, the light will stay on.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
I think it's a motion-detector. As long as we keep posting, the light will stay on.

No, you'll find that the power is going to be cut even if y'all are still posting.

--------------------

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spam & Cookies, you're a peach! Thanks for the heads up, I had, in fact, somehow managed to completely miss the announcement.

I tried to PM you, but your box is full. So here's a public "thank you" for being one of the helpful ones! [Smile]

Pink

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

You're welcome, LPP. I've cleaned out my PM box now, but I got your message at the other board too.

I downloaded all my favorite old PM conversations to my hard drive. But for some reason, it's still hard to delete them.

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
callee, your PM box is full.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
callee, your PM box is full.

Do you suppose he'll see this here?

He hasn't made a post in this thread, in the whole seven pages of it.

The board's not terribly busy. Why not just start a new thread just for him?

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Will this be my last waffle here?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh ... not that important. More on the off-chance that callee should see this in active topics.

--------------------

Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe you could try sending him a PM on the new board. (?)

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

That would only work if callee had already registered for the new message board. But he hasn't.

--------------------

Signora Del Drago

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffle

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's what I get for going back and forth between boards! Gaahhh! I thought he was already on the new one, but that's what I get for thinking when I'm not used to it. [lol]

ETA: I notice my avatar is nothing but the x of death, but it's because the image-hosting site I use is temporarily down. I hope it's working shortly.

ETA: Wow! That was quick. Avatar is back. Yay!

--------------------

Spam & Cookies-mmm

But now callee's name has fallen off the active topics page, Signora.
I thought he was already on the new board too, but actually, it was a "callie" instead of "callee".

--------------------

Casey, making hot chocolate
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*hanging onto the more comfy board*

I know, I know... change happens. [Wink]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Friend: "what did you get for Christmas then?"

M: a new snopesULMB.

Friend "huh?wha? ...and how did they wrap THAT?!?"

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
I thought he was already on the new board too...

He is now.

--------------------

Archie2K
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie2K   Author's Homepage   E-mail Archie2K   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodbye my sweet ULMB. This is post 1985, a very special date for me. Now I go on holiday to return to the new board, fresh, rejuvinated.

I'd be a terrible oscar speech giver.

Bye y'all.

--------------------
Vox populi vox canem

Posts: 1985 | From: Reading, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wrong board waffles

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bye bye, y'all! See you on the other side!

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ciao

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And so farewell to all this.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages