snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Unhijackable New Year (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Unhijackable New Year
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lydia there are several places like that around the country. There used to be a big one in Franklin, Tn called Planet Christmas. Unfortunately the man's neighbors complained about all the traffic and he's had to take it down.

Today is supposed to be my family's Christmas as my EMT brother won't be able to be here. However, my mother is sick. I am going to tell her to do what she can, get the turkey in the oven and I'll finish up dinner when I get back from work at 7:30. This may mean we won't be able to eat until 8:30-9pm but its better than not doing anything.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
How old is Nicholas now, Lizzy and/or Chillas?

What did Santa get him?

He's four now. santa brought him Candy Land, Hot Wheels cars, Madagascar, a backpack full of dinosaurs, and lots of little stuff in his stocking. Santa had to come early since he has to go back to Michigan today.

He's really into dinos, so getting that was a dream for him. chillas' family got him a couple of dino things too, like a pop up book and a doodler, both with dinosaurs on it. And my dad got him a couple of movies on dvd and a wooden pull train. He liked everything. It was a good time for all. [Smile]

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 603 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was weird. Whe I let the dog out a bit ago it was clear and overcast, when I let her in a few minutes ago it was snowing like crazy. We are going to have areally white Christmas for a change.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemi:
We are going to have areally white Christmas for a change.

We have a high of 6C or 40F forecast for today.

This is more like March for us than Christmas.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
I'd suggest that you bring over a plate of home-made fudge or other Christmas baking - that way you can say you were waiting to give out gifts til after you'd finished your baking. Well, if you do baking of course!

No, sadly, I do not bake. I'd like to do something for them. The families used to be very close, and have grown apart. We've separately had rather rough years, theirs worse than ours. I need to think of something that the whole family could enjoy -- and given one family member's recent behavior, something that can't be pawned. [Frown] Like I said, they've had a rough year.
Can you cook? Taking them over dinner one night would be good. Or a gift card from the local grocery store (those can't be pawned AFAIK). Or, if youre wanting to get close again, how about inviting them over for dinner one night? Or even just after-dinner coffee and dessert?

You could explain that you thought that waiting until after the hustle and bustle of the holidays would mean they enjoy it more.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:

Thre weird thing is that this is more like March for us too. We get the majority of our snow in the spring so a storm like this in December is unusual.

Noemi "this is usually the bitterly cold and windy part of winter"

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lainie, I was going to say since I'm sure you thanked them, that was enough, but you might want to send a little thank-you note. You really don't have to "tit for tat" where gifts are concerned. Then, I reread your post and noticed you said they and you had a rough year. I bet inviting them to dinner one evening, or maybe New Year's Day would make them feel better than any other gift you could have given them. No need to even mention why you didn't give them one for Christmas. They'd probably see through any little white lies, anyway. [Smile] And wouldn't that be a tad awkward?

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all for your suggestions. If it were just me, and if the situation weren't so fraught with drama, I'd just say "thank you" and have done with it. But DD was home alone when they brought it over, and she really wants to give them something.

Inviting them over would, I'm afraid, be awkward due to the family situation -- the husband and wife are on the verge of divorce.

We are baking a few cookies after all this afternoon, and we made some soap last night (from a gift DD got for Solstice last year!). So we're making up a basket with a couple of the soaps, some fruit, a bottle of sparkling cider, and some of the cookies.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do Thai restaurants put something akin to crack in the Drunken Noodles? Mmmmmm.....

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel gone caroling:
Do Thai restaurants put something akin to crack in the Drunken Noodles? Mmmmmm.....

Yes, yes they do. [Smile]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa:
Lydia there are several places like that around the country. There used to be a big one in Franklin, Tn called Planet Christmas. Unfortunately the man's neighbors complained about all the traffic and he's had to take it down.

I know there was a really cool display circulating around the internet last year. This was the first time I saw something like that in person. This was in (or maybe just near) Gettysburg.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel gone caroling:

Yes, they must. I believe that Indian restaurants do the same thing with the palak (or saag) paneer.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Same here. We were bracing ourselves for that storm to hit (from Colorado) and it seemingly never came. I woke up to headlines on my homepage saying "Thousands without power in Milwaukee after Storm". Apparently, the storm passed us by and dumped seven inches of wet snow in Milwaukee, snapping powerlines and everything.

I took the dogs out all day today without putting on a jacket.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've decided I HATE working in the mall at a store that will be frequented by bratty children that don't speak English.

I don't think I will work retail in a store that has primarily toys during the holiday season ever again.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mickey I feel your pain. I used to work at Hell-Mart(Name changed because its real one is a misnomer.) I never hated anything so much as Christmas. There was always a mess in the toy aisles.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Honestly, I now know why I loved working in Walt Disney World so much. I didn't have to put up with that kind of crap.

I think that next year, I'll look for a job in a jewelry store. I can be bonded, I have some knowledge about diamonds and jewelry, I may be able to pull it off.

And few obnoxious children that don't listen to me when I say "Oh, could you please not use those wheels in your shoes? We have a lot of metal pieces that corners the wood or holds up merchandise, and if you hit it, you could get hurt", then run into a peg, hurting themselves. Part of me feels I'm justified in having an inside laugh at their expense, just because I warned them. Of course, I'm always concerned for them if their parents aren't right in the vicinity, but if they are, I get an inside chuckle.

Oh, and I found my male counterpart at work- a 6' something" bald Army guy with the EXACT SAME sense of humor. I LOVE it!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just passed by the living room and walked in on my parents stuffing a stocking for my nephew. They both gave me a scandalized look, so I had no choice but to cry "It's not true...tell me it's not true!"

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In just about an hour, snopes is going to quietly slip into our living room in search of the cats. On the off chance that they really are briefly granted the power of speech at midnight on Christmas Eve, he wants to be present to hear what they have to say, a situation which year after year results in his sneaking into whatever room where the moggies are in hopes of catching them whispering secrets to one another. I've told him it's pointless in that even if they ever did say anything, all they'd do is ask to be fed more often or perhaps make some derogatory comment on the state of the litter box.

One of these years, me and a tape recorder are going to have ourselves a great deal of fun.

Barbara "sell sirius... buy alcatel" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The First USA Noel

LOL Wild Card. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I hadn't gotten home from work and my mom thought I had. When I came in she was stuffing my brothers' stockings. I just laughed and pretended like I didn't see a thing. She and I still laugh about it to this day.

ETA: Barbara I'm sure you've been told this before but you are EVIL.

--------------------

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I woke up an hour early. I'd like to say its because of the "excitement of the holiday" but it isn't. Typical menopausal "insomnia".

But, I helped Santa stuff the kids' stockings.

Okay, I stuffed the stockings.

So, now I'm killing time till I start shouting upstairs: "Santa came! Wake up! Santa came!"

Gosh, I love having teen-agers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Marrya: KITTY!

Kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty!

*ahem*

I meant to say ... KITTY!

S'alright, Canuckie - I have a few words that do that to me. Penis is one :blush: that springs to mind...

Marry "penis penispenis penis penis" ya

ETC - He [Tinsel, not Canukie, in this instance] is such a sweet lad - but yes, indeed, Missy is still doing the not impressed thing quite nicely.

She has a defined area of 'personal space' into which he must not wander, or growling will ensue. Should he fail to heed such warnings, a sharp rap over the nose will swiftly be applied. [Big Grin]

It's hilarious, mostly - f'rinstance, she eats ONLY dry biscuits [not even human tuna!] and he of course has meatglob. She has tried on several occasions to eat his food [I assume from spite] and gets her face soooo close to his bowl, then shudders, flicks her tail and stalks away in disgust [lol]

It's a show, all day, every day!

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and, by the way, it's been a luvverly Christmas here: Lil Miss is torn, she knows Santa only gives a stocking to people who believe... but she also knows that we know that she knows... anyway.
I'd suggested that if she wasn't sure, she could write Santa a note and ask HIM about it.

Last night, she left a HUGE stocking on her bed with a note that read:

Mum or Dad, whichever one of you it is, please write your name here so I will know ___________

Which was found in the morning next to her overflowing stocking with the legend:

Careful! I only come to kids who REALLY believe!
signed S.Claus

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

I feel really bad. Tristan got a laser pointer for Hanukkah, and we've stopped using it for the moment, and he's still looking around for the red dot.

--------------------

bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday to meeeeeee.

And Merry Christmas to yooooooouuuu.

And happy Chinese food and movies to the rest of ya non-Christmas people.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Happy birthday Bthyb! And I hope you have a splendiferous Movie and Chinese Food day!

--------------------

glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Marrya, I actually pretended to believe until I was in the 5th grade and my parents flat out told me the truth. My logic was thus; If I pretend to believe, I will get more presents. I figured why mess with a good thing? Sure enough, the next Christmas, I didn't get as many presents. Years later my mother told me she was actually quite concerned about me because I hadn't figured it out.

I figured it out in 2nd grade when I moved into the basement of the house and heard footsteps from my mother's study upstairs over to the Christmas tree followed by a thump over and over again. I just kept quiet about it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm having a good chuckle picturing snopes sneaking up on his cats to see if they are going to talk! What fun.

We had a nice morning. I actually pulled off a great surprise for Mr S, and he gave me a great surprise too. He wrapped all my gifts at work, so I got things like a bunch of crochet hooks packaged in a urinal, and a book hidden in a lady's bedpan.
[Big Grin]

Mr S is at work now, Starling is napping, and Starlet hit excitement overload and actually fell asleep on the couch! My BIL should be getting into town in the next few hours, but I haven't heard from him yet.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't stay online long enough to even read anything, but I had to check in to let you all know that due to computer problems I have been gone, and will continue to be gone for an indefinite period of time. Right now I'm using my mom's boyfriend's computer (we're at his house for Christmas) but I can't stay on long.

I miss you all! I'm going through serious snopes withdrawal. Hopefully I'll have access to a working computer full time again, but until then I reckon I'll have to keep talking to all these flesh and blood people. It's ghastly.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Season's greetings,
Hope all is well with all of you!

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Holidays to you all. I'm (as many of you seem to be) stuck at my father's. Well, not "stuck" exactly--I'm here by my own free will and am enjoying myself so far.

But my computer time is extremely limited (as in, about 15 minutes per day). See you all again soon.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glisp42:
Marrya, I actually pretended to believe until I was in the 5th grade and my parents flat out told me the truth. My logic was thus; If I pretend to believe, I will get more presents. I figured why mess with a good thing? Sure enough, the next Christmas, I didn't get as many presents. Years later my mother told me she was actually quite concerned about me because I hadn't figured it out.

I figured it out in 2nd grade when I moved into the basement of the house and heard footsteps from my mother's study upstairs over to the Christmas tree followed by a thump over and over again. I just kept quiet about it. [Big Grin]

I did the same thing. Play the game, get more presents! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus to all.

I'm just dashing in and out - we leave tomorrow for 3 days at my grandparent's house. They have no Internet access, so I'll have to live without snopes for a few days. [Frown] But, on the plus side, I get to see my grandparents, who are cool, and Nana will spoil me and tell me I'm too skinny and need to eat more. [Smile]

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

I spent approximately 8 hours playing games all day long with my niece -- Monopoly, Bunco, and a couple of newer games. It was a lot of fun, but I am totally "gamed" out. At least for today.

--------------------

Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Question: I'm going out shopping tomorrow & I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good store or two to get holiday stuffed animals. Preferably Beanie Baby size. I'd love to get one at 50% off or more to stick in DDs stocking for Christmas next year (yes I am thinking that far ahead!!) TIA!!!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The hawk just chased a dove through the yard again. The excitement is too much for me. I think I'll go back to bed.
Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages