snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Unhijackable New Year (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Unhijackable New Year
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What do I get, Jenn?! [Big Grin]

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wanna know too!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 603 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm curious what you'll getting too. [Smile]

We got sent home at 3pm today due to the blizzard conditions and we are supposed to have a delayed start tomorrow. After driving home I'm really wondering if that will actually happen.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Poor CatNip! I've been cooking like mad for the last three days, getting all the homemade goodie bags ready to give to teachers, after school program staff, CatNip's clients and cow-orkers, etc. Whenever the oven timer went off, he always seemed to do just the wrong thing: take things out when I had set the timer just to check, or turn; leave things in when they needed to come out; turn off the oven when it was preheating for something -- things like that. He was trying to be helpful but just wasn't, mostly.

He just now said, "Wait; is that the oven timer going off?"

"No, I finished all of that yesterday."

"I must be suffering from Post Traumatic Baking Disorder."

[lol]

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I really want to get Tristan a remote controlled car for Hanukkah. Tie his favorite toy to a remote controlled car and play!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to have to make a new batch of rosettes. *sigh*

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, no! All of my work on the old thread was for naught. Boo hoo. Waaaaah! Poor, poor pitiful me. [Frown]

Four Kitties said, ". . .For information, it costs 84 cents to send a Christmas card to Barbados, and 63 cents to send one to Canada."
Everything has gone up. Last year to Canada was only 60 cents.

Good one, CatNip! Post Traumatic Baking Disorder. [lol]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gibbie:
What do I get, Jenn?! [Big Grin]

Gibbie

I'm not Santa! And that bit about the something extra in a stocking could just be an urban legend [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh no! Gibbie's been duped. Well, no doubt the duper will be answering to Santa... [lol]

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 604 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:

And that bit about the something extra in a stocking could just be an urban legend [Big Grin]

Well you know what they say about men with big feet right?

Pixie"they need big stockings..."chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

hee...I may just have to track Santa this year...

edited because my sleepy mind is telling me that "thid" is a word.

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
And that bit about the something extra in a stocking could just be an urban legend [Big Grin]

Gibbie's getting a kidney, isn't she?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course not.

I'm getting a kidney. Courtesy of Gibbie.

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gibbie rhymes with kidney, sorta.

Okay, now what rhymes with Canuckistan?

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The only thing I can come up with is Badunkadunk

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bthyb:

Okay, now what rhymes with Canuckistan?

Ahunkiman [Wink]

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow...I found out yesterday that a guy that DH used to work with committed suicide. We went to the funeral home to pay our last respects, and were told that his death was still under investigation. Apparently they can't find the girlfriend--she wasn't there, and she had her cell phone disconnected.

I feel so horrible for the family. The kid was only 25. [Frown]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 219 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dang Mrs. Hi-C, that sounds messed up.

So I started working for Blockbuster again while I'm home for Christmas Break. My feet are barking and I'm so tired I can't sleep. I know my feet will get reused to being up on them, but I hurt so bad. Anyone got a painkiller, or at least want to give me a good foot massage?

ETA-My reply to Mrs. Hi-C. She posted when I did

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yikes, Mrs. Hi-C. That is messed up.

SirKnight, that's why I use Vicodin. [Wink] Yay, Vicodin! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm dizzy. Anyone have antibiotics for my apparent ear infection? I could use the Vicodin too, though!

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a silly question for you all:

Would you say that you can anthropomorphize gorillas?

I say yes, they are not human so attributing human traits to them would be anthropomorphizing.

My friend says no, they do have some human characteristics, so it's not really anthropomorphizing to attribute emotions and so forth to them.

What do YOU think?

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AQB, Max's DHB
Santa eBayby

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AQB, Max's DHB     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleSoftware:
I have a silly question for you all:

I say yes. I have anthropomorphosis on the brain this week, anyway...blame it on "Mark Trail" and the current "young beavers in luuuv" storyline.

--------------------
"The Potato Festival will never be the same without Evelena." (from an obituary in the Charleston, WV, Gazette)

Posts: 215 | From: living here in Allentown, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not snowing as heavily here, but the wind is still blowing pretty hard and causing a lot of drifting. What is so aggrivating is that the police department has issued a no unnecessary travel advisory but as of this exact moment I'm still supposed to be going in to work at 10 am. I'm not even sure if I can get my vehicle out of the driveway because of the drifts, both in the driveway and in the street.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just had a letter from the gym I used to be a member of, trying to persuade me to rejoin in the new year. Overall, I would say it is an exercise in how NOT to do it.

A couple of gems for you:

"At LA Fitness, we really want you to enjoy your body in the New Year. But I notice you've recently cancelled your membership, so now I'm worried you won't be able to."

"So all you have to do now is come into the club and set up an appointment to help you define your new goal and how to achieve it. But hurry (the exercise will be good for you)."

So congratulations to the manager of my local LA Fitness - I've never written a snotty letter in response to circulars before, but you can be damn sure he's getting a rocket for this one. [flame]

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Its pouring down rain here today. They're saying the snow is expected on Saturday.

I saw my dad at the grocery store today.

What's that got to do with the rain?

He told me that my mom doesn't go out in the rain because she swears she'll melt.

He was also wearing his red and green "Merry Christmas" baseball cap. He's a goofy old guy, my dad. [Big Grin] I guess that's where I get- I mean, my kids get it from!

Frog-does wandering around the grocery store count as exercise?-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleSoftware:

Now that you have brought up that thought....

Can you anthropomorphize my husband? Sure he has some human traits, but overall.... [fish]

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogFeathers:
does wandering around the grocery store count as exercise?

It does in my book.

My book also says that carrot cake is good for you because when veggies or fruit are added to any recipe, they cancel out all the calories and fat.

I really like my book, but I have no idea why I'm a bit pudgy.

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
"At LA Fitness, we really want you to enjoy your body in the New Year. But I notice you've recently cancelled your membership, so now I'm worried you won't be able to."

"So all you have to do now is come into the club and set up an appointment to help you define your new goal and how to achieve it. But hurry (the exercise will be good for you)."

"So roll on down here. The first 10 people to respond to this letter get a free bucket of lard!" [Roll Eyes]

Of all the nerve. How patronizing, insulting and condescending.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogFeathers:
Its pouring down rain here today. They're saying the snow is expected on Saturday.

I saw my dad at the grocery store today.

What's that got to do with the rain?

He told me that my mom doesn't go out in the rain because she swears she'll melt.

He was also wearing his red and green "Merry Christmas" baseball cap. He's a goofy old guy, my dad. [Big Grin] I guess that's where I get- I mean, my kids get it from!

Frog-does wandering around the grocery store count as exercise?-Feathers

We're supposed to get rain here, too; probably mixed with a bit of snow, so the roads will be slick.

And I think I will melt in the rain too, because I'm so sweet... (coughcoughcough)

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, how do people who would melt if they went out in the rain manage to take showers? [Razz]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not the same kind of water, silly. Shower water has been processed so that it won't melt people. Kind of like adding wax to chocolate so it won't melt.

[Wink]

Seaboe

ETA noun

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So I just now called home to check on the kids. Before saying "hello," my daughter said "whoa, there was just a huge explosion."

That made me feel really good.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, everybody's ok, Angl?

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Explosion? Oh no....

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah what happened Angl? You can't leave us hanging like that.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages