snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Well I'm getting a new car.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Well I'm getting a new car..
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe its different in California but I'd think when your profession includes running into burning buildings your manliness wouldn't be questioned so easily.. That said I am starting to lean towards Jeep right now.

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RBCal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RBCal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chillas:
quote:
Originally posted by RBCal:
The Saturn Sky, Mazda Miata and Mustang Convertibles are very small.

The Mustang Convertible is not small by any means.

For a comparison, the 2007 Mustang Convertible is 187.6 inches long and 74.0 inches wide. The 2006 Sebring Convertible is 193.7 inches long (Mustang is only 6.1 inches shorter) and 69.4 inches wide (Mustang is 4.6 inches wider). In height they are comparable (Mustang 54.5 inches, Sebring 55.0 inches).

Trust me - if the Mustang were small, it wouldn't be able to hold me. [Wink]

Can you fit in the back seat?

The smallest penis car is a Hummer. If you drive a Hummer you are definitely trying to compensate for some other shortcoming.

--------------------
"The women who embraced in the wagon were Adam and Eve crossing a dark cathedral stage—no, Eve and Eve, loving one another as they would not be able to once they ate of the fruit and knew themselves as they truly were." - Lynn Cheney, Sisters.

Posts: 289 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A convertible is a little girly, but I say a convertible is still on manly end of the spectrum if its horsepower to weight ratio is 12 or less (aka if its a muscle car), and it isn't Miata-sized.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RBCal:
quote:
Originally posted by chillas:
The Mustang Convertible is not small by any means.

Trust me - if the Mustang were small, it wouldn't be able to hold me. [Wink]

Can you fit in the back seat?

The back seat is certainly not comfortable. There is zero leg room. But the front seats are adequate. The worst part about the back seat is that the windshield doesn't protect you from the wind at all and that sucks on the highway. However, any backseat is really just bonus on a convertible. Even a two seater is workable for a single guy or as the second car for a couple.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would I care what the back seat is like?

I'm tall and wide, and I fit in it comfortably, with a bit of room to spare. It's not small.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So.. Is driving stick like riding a bike? Its been about six years since I've had a manual transmission in my car, I hope I still remember how to do it.
Don't worry about that. It'll take a few minutes to get it back. In a week or so, you'll outperfom any automatic on a similar engine/car.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Errata:
However, any backseat is really just bonus on a convertible. Even a two seater is workable for a single guy or as the second car for a couple.

When I read RBCal's post calling the Mustang small, my first though was "at least it has a back seat, unlike the other cars mentioned."

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages