snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Charlie Brown Dance Move

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Charlie Brown Dance Move
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone know how the heck you "do the Charlie Brown"?

In the dance song "Cha Cha Slide", or "The Cha Cha Dance" (as I refer to it), they say "do the Charlie Brown" and everyone just stands around looking at each other.

I tried Google, but it didn't turn up anything good. I looked at one video, but the people are doing 2 different things, and I really hope that's not the dance move, anyway!

Anyone out there know!?

Thanks!

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buckleupp
Away in a Manager

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckleupp   E-mail Buckleupp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If someone told me to do the Charlie Brown at a dance, I would pick one of the dance moves from the cast of the play in A Charlie Brown Christmas...rocking my head from side to side like the stringy-haired twins, or maybe the Egyptian walk-like Shermy dance, or something like that. Probably not the official Charlie Brown, if there is one, but all my friends can do it!

--------------------
HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding that first Ha. -Stewie Griffin

Posts: 112 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitten
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitten   E-mail Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Countrytimes.com describes it this way:

"CHARLIE BROWN": CHARLIE BROWN
There is some confusion over what is required at this part of the track some people rock forward and back. Some people do nothing. Max Perry says that socially it has been a term used by African Americans describing a white person's lack of rhythm when they dance. The actual dance step is a jump or "Jazz Jump" (2 footed jump). In the Cha-cha Slide, the jumps can be forward and back, or from left to right while nodding your head, or turning your head from side to side

Posts: 34 | From: Sanford, Florida | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Charlie Brown as I learned it is a small hop from side to side. As one leg leads, the other follows, but you don't actually put the following foot on the floor. If you take off on your right foot, the left doesn't touch the floor, and vice versa.

FYI, the cha-cha part can be used as your basic every-day mambo. [Smile]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages