snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Myspace

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Myspace
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, I got a myspace thing now, I know, dork, but hey everybody has one of those stupid things.

So, may as well have more friends besides "Tom" the help/FAQ guy (even though I'm sure he'll make a great friend).

So, here's the link (below), if you have myspace send me something so I don't look like a huge dork (well, a huge-er dork).

-Mike

Link: http://www.myspace.com/114930797

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, there you go, remember to join the snopes group too. If you want to of course.

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What is the snopes group? And thanks for the like five friend requests already, makes me feel cool in a lame sorta way.

--------------------

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I invited you to the group.

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Blue:
What is the snopes group? And thanks for the like five friend requests already, makes me feel cool in a lame sorta way.

I think deep down we're all friend whores. [Wink]
Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Yea.. Just wish those "true.com" women weren't always up there reminding me I'm single and even when I wasn't I never had a chance with a girl of that level of hot-i-tude.. Is there some "girl" version of true.com out there that shows girls hot guys?

--------------------

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent you a message and a friend request because I'm not FrogFeathers on MySpace. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Gottcha.. Hey question, how do you change the format of a picture? All of mine are .JPEG which is not supported by myspace (hence my broken picture).

--------------------

Louise
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Louise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
i'll friend you!

--------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Posts: 173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Blue:
Is there some "girl" version of true.com out there that shows girls hot guys?

Yeah there's a version for women too and it's equally depressing. Or at least it is to me.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My pictures are always .jpegs and it takes them...
but I think you can open your pics in a program like "paint" and do "save as..." with the file extension of your desire. (That sounds really weird.)

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Ah, accepted it/them this time.. Weird.. Oh well, one more thing done.

And yea, true.com ads are depressing, maybe one day I'll have a girlfriend who looks like them.. But I doubt it [Smile] There's even one that moves now (she kinda shakes her butt).

--------------------

Mickey Blue

I mean c'mon...

-

--------------------

Auntie Witch
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm Caroline (or it might show up as ingridspinkribbon).

Any snopester may add me at will. Bonus points if you've got something pink on your myspace page.

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can someone invite me to the snopes group?

My screen name is "narmowen" with the e-mail being narmowen@gmail.com

Thanks!

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm FuzzDuckie over on myspace... got a nice mix of friends from all of my other interests lol

Oh... you can delete Tom if you want to.. I did [Razz]

Sorry no pink on my page Auntie...yet... but I DO have purple! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm pxichc over there and I've got a link to my page in my sig. I love having snopesters on my friends list!

Pixie"woohoo I've got friends!"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paulie Jay
O Little Down-Payment of Bethlehem

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Request is in Mike.

Can't find you Morrigan!

--------------------
All the way with Paulie Jay

Posts: 476 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Beyblader3258
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Beyblader3258   Author's Homepage   E-mail Beyblader3258   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Yea.. Just wish those "true.com" women weren't always up there reminding me I'm single and even when I wasn't I never had a chance with a girl of that level of hot-i-tude.. Is there some "girl" version of true.com out there that shows girls hot guys?
I don't know what it shows for women, but even when you change your orentation, it still has them shaking whatever on the ads. On a rare occasion I'll get a manhunt ad, but that's usually once a week or so.

quote:
Any snopester may add me at will. Bonus points if you've got something pink on your myspace page.
quote:
I love having snopesters on my friends list!
I agree with both of theses statements (although in my case blue is the color I look for), and I'm sending the both of you friend adds!

quote:
I think deep down we're all friend whores. [Wink]
Again, I completely agree and am PROUD OF IT!

--------------------
You can dream all you want, but when you wake up, you'll find that nothing has changed. The only way to make those dreams come true is to dedicate your entire life to your sport.

Posts: 28 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mike my request is in to add I also sent you a message!

ETA If anyone wants to they can also come over to my page I welcome any fellow snopster any time!~!

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I only have one request if you want to add me (which by all means feel free to do!) that I should have mentioned earlier. Please send me a message letting me know who you are. I've been getting a lot of spam type friend requests (that want you to download a myprofile viewer which I'm assuming is NOT something you want to try to download) and have almost been deleting on site unless there is a message too.

Pixie"I like to know who I'm adding"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ica171
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ica171   E-mail ica171   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent you a group invite Morrigan, and a friend request to Mike.

I got a True.com ad of a guy, and I thought, man, those nipples look like they could cut glass. So I think it goes both ways.

Posts: 384 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine, I don't use FrogFeathers anywhere but on this board.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic I also have been getting those and I agree that anyone wanting to add to a friends list from snopes it would be appreciated that you send a message with your request, I ended up downloading that profile viewer and I ended up with a lot of problems so please send a message with your request since some of us may not have the same names on each site. Thanks

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't mention it before, but this is mine. I'm really bad about remembering to send a message before asking for the add, but I keep hoping the fact I use the same name both places helps. If you're really bored I have a blog there too. [Smile]

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tommi
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommi   E-mail tommi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon to say that I'd love to have any snopesters as friends but if your myspace name is different than your snopes name then send me a message too. I'm always open to friend requests.

I just got done squeeing like a little fangirl because I got a friend request from the Mythbusters build team. I know I was probably one of like eight million, but still.. [Big Grin]

And Mike I sent you one.

Posts: 628 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pixiechic:
I only have one request if you want to add me (which by all means feel free to do!) that I should have mentioned earlier. Please send me a message letting me know who you are. I've been getting a lot of spam type friend requests (that want you to download a myprofile viewer which I'm assuming is NOT something you want to try to download) and have almost been deleting on site unless there is a message too.

Pixie"I like to know who I'm adding"chic

Ditto. If I don't recognize your name, I won't even bother looking at your profile to attempt to figure out who you are - I'll just delete your request. If your myspace name is different than your snopes one, send me a message telling me who you are.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mickey, I think I sent you a friend request... Don't be scared.... it's a picture of me as a little girl... [Smile] (Not some creepy kid trying to friend you! [lol] )

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Friended you [Smile]

BTW, you look a helluva lot like one of our good friends.

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does your friend have a serious congenital disorder that causes him to be half-blue?

--------------------

Berry Well
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Berry Well     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent you a friend request. I'm The Kid over at Myspace.

--------------------
And if she says come inside I'll come inside for her.
If she says give it all I'll give everything to her.
I am justified. I am purified. I am sanctified. Inside you

Posts: 695 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Since I'm assuming you aren't half blue all the time--it's a good thing. OTOH, the dude does have somewhat of the reputation of being quite the ladies' man...if you get my drift. He told me at one time that he never put the moves on me was because I was like one of his guy friends...but with boobs.

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a myspace too, if anyone's interested. Plus, if I could get an invite to the Snopes group, that would be groovy.

http://www.myspace.com/tzarina74

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Well glad to know I have the looks at least to be a "ladies man". Now I just need the linguistic skills, the money, and the confidence [Smile]

--------------------

Kev
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev   E-mail Kev   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tzarina:
I have a myspace too, if anyone's interested. Plus, if I could get an invite to the Snopes group, that would be groovy.

http://www.myspace.com/tzarina74

The group has public membership, you don't have to be invited. Just go to: http://groups.myspace.com/snopestersheaven and you can join.

--------------------
Austin Stars Drum & Bugle Corps | Kev's MySpace

Posts: 1126 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages