snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » New Avatars, thanks to Em. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Avatars, thanks to Em.
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I noticed, as I'm sure many of you did, that Em had made new avatars for some snopesters. I sent her a PM with a copy of a Moebius strip and asked her if she could make an animated one for me. She did it! Here is the finished product.
 -

It's wonderful! She's such a talented person. I had been wanting one for a very long time.

She also added a Christmas tree to the little snowman avatar I was using here. That was something else I wanted, but I hated to ask for more, so in addition to being a very nice and talented person, she must have ESP. [Smile]

- Thank you, Em!

I appreciate very much.  -

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~IĺmNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent DĺOnofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I already thanked her in the unhijackable thread, but I'll thank her again!

Em, you rock!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw that, Canuckie, but the work she put in on that Moebius strip deserves a larger acknowledgement, doncha' know.

Send me all of yer money. Now! Bwa-hahahaha!

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~IĺmNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent DĺOnofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very pretty. I like.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
nice work! y'all are welcome to create anything new for me lol.

Mine was created by a dear friend of mine from Australia on my other board. She also made a New Years avvie. I'm not quite the "cool one" as neither are animated lol.

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks guys. The strip was fun to do once I worked out how, and the added trees only take a couple of minutes each.

Before I delete them from Photobucket, here are some of the other angles I did:
 - [/showing off]

I was randomly copying avatars and adding trees to them the other day because it was that or clean the kitchen. If I played with your avatar and you would like a copy of it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I find that very distressing and disturbing. Why? (The Moebius strip, not that Em did it.)

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Auntie Witch
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I vote photoshop. [Wink]

Seriously, they look cute. Some avatars go surprisingly well with blinking trees!

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Claus at home:
I find that very distressing and disturbing. Why? (The Moebius strip, not that Em did it.)

Because it only has one side.
ONE SIDE! Ooooo.

I like Moebius strips. [Smile]

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've already thanked Em for mine, but it's worth a second thanks, just to say how festive all the sparkly trees make this board look. And the one with the polar bear still gives me a chuckle.

Thanks again, Em. [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey Em, can you put blinky lights on my tree? If you have time, of course.

~k

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

Will this do?

--------------------

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Could Pixie have a glowy Rudolph-nose? [Smile]

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Scout
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Em, they all look brilliant. Particularly NeeCD's, I'm not Dedalus's and kmcm's.

If you're playing round with any more avatars, I'd love a tree at the end of my skis [Big Grin]

Scout.

--------------------
"Abandon shop. This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!"

Posts: 661 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wondered where Canuckistan had got his Christmas tree background from.

quote:
Originally posted by Em:

I was randomly copying avatars and adding trees to them the other day because it was that or clean the kitchen. If I played with your avatar and you would like a copy of it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

-

Don't know how you type out the noise of awe and greed I just made - but can I have a copy of my gashlycrumb tinies one. I love it, so incongruous.

I think Frogs Pond's avatar looks particularly good (Hope I got the snopesters name right)and kmcm's one is great too. If I knew where the bowing down icons came from I would include them. My favourite avatar for the last month or so has been the psycho/duck one (little duck's ?), which would be very funny with a tree in it, but might not have enough background.

[hijack]
Am I the only one who thinks people ARE their avatars (particular worrying given what I have chosen to represent myself) ? I get very confused by the people who have avatars with faces that are a different gender, and I was previously quite convinced Towknie was Japanese (though he has since changed his avatar). I find the threads about how you imagine snopesters very odd. Four Kitties IS hello kitty, Em IS a knot, and Canuckistan is a chicken as far as I am concerned.
[/hijack]

Victoria J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
Could Pixie have a glowy Rudolph-nose? [Smile]

Only if Pixie promises not to eat it.

-

ETA quote.

--------------------

Em
Happy Holly Days

Victoria J:  -

Scout:  -

ETA: I'm glad people seem to like them. I was a little worried someone would be annoyed with me for playing with their avatar without asking first, but I seem to have been lucky so far.

--------------------

The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Could you do anything with mine? They look amazing!

Pretty pretty please with cherries on top.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst Ý hringi
H÷ldumst Ý hendur
Allur heimurinn ˇskřr
Nema ■˙ stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

I'll have a go at it, but not until tomorrow. I just realised that it's almost 1:30am, which means that I should have turned into a pumpkin some time ago.

--------------------

Scout
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Em, that's so cool [Big Grin]

Scout

--------------------
"Abandon shop. This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!"

Posts: 661 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Em:
I'll have a go at it, but not until tomorrow. I just realised that it's almost 1:30am, which means that I should have turned into a pumpkin some time ago.

Lordy! Forgot about the time difference.

If you can't be bothered don't worry about it. [Smile]

--------------------
H÷ldumst Ý hendur
Allur heimurinn ˇskřr
Nema ■˙ stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I must say, Em, these are jolly good, and a much better use of your time than tidying. Things just get messy again, anyway.

Post mine up, if you get a moment, that would be super.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Victoria J:

I think Frogs Pond's avatar looks particularly good (Hope I got the snopesters name right)and kmcm's one is great too. If I knew where the bowing down icons came from I would include them. My favourite avatar for the last month or so has been the psycho/duck one (little duck's ?), which would be very funny with a tree in it, but might not have enough background.

[hijack]
Am I the only one who thinks people ARE their avatars (particular worrying given what I have chosen to represent myself) ? I get very confused by the people who have avatars with faces that are a different gender, and I was previously quite convinced Towknie was Japanese (though he has since changed his avatar). I find the threads about how you imagine snopesters very odd. Four Kitties IS hello kitty, Em IS a knot, and Canuckistan is a chicken as far as I am concerned.
[/hijack]

Victoria J [/QB]

My frog prince likes his Christmas tree too! Thanks again, Em!

I tend to identify the poster by avatars (except those that change often) but I do check profiles for more information. I'm female myself - the frog prince is my dream man! [Wink]

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

For Dara:  -

Pikey Queen, I'll need to do each frame of yours individually because there's no easily isolated background. It might take a while, but I'll get there eventually.

--------------------

Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hurrah! Look at me with my all-Christmassy avatar and that!

Cheers, Em.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Em! Now if only i could get the tatoo to blink like that!

~km "blinky blinky" cm

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

That sounds like it could be painful.

--------------------

Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Em !

quote:
Originally posted by frogpond:
[I tend to identify the poster by avatars (except those that change often) but I do check profiles for more information. I'm female myself - the frog prince is my dream man! [Wink]

I do always think of you as female, it is something to do with the look of resignation on the frogs face that makes me think it is a female frog. (I hadn't really thought of it as being the frog prince, I was always very disappointed as a child when frogs/beasts/swans/etc turned back into handsome princes. The princes were much duller and less magical.)

Victoria J.

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd ask for a tree but the only logical place to put it is in front of the train, just about to be hit. That's just wrong.

They are fun, though.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd ask for a tree too but my fat face takes up the whole frame. I'll just settle for my home made hat. [Big Grin]

-kitoboo

ETA I don't remember which snopster I saw add a Santa hat to his/her avatar first but thanks for the idea.

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Sara, what about a really big tree in the distance which is visible past the train?
 - or  -

And one for PikeyQueen:  -

--------------------

Em
Happy Holly Days

kmcm, yours didn't resize very well. Can I interest you in attempt two?

-

--------------------

Sara at home

I like the small one. There's a story there...

Thank you so much. You made me smile this big ----> [Big Grin]

--------------------

FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pikey's avvie is gonna make me dizzy!

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by Em:

And one for PikeyQueen:  -

Thank you, that's great! [Big Grin]

--------------------
H÷ldumst Ý hendur
Allur heimurinn ˇskřr
Nema ■˙ stendur

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB CodeÖ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages