snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Could use some healing kids vibes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could use some healing kids vibes!
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 97 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is for both my kids and mommy2many's (she doesn't post much but she does lurk). Between the 2 of us we have 12 kids. I have 3 and she has 5 and home, 4 adults who are on their own. Well, 1 of mine and 2 of hers have bad cases of strep. Her 2 are 2 and 3 and have both had fevers of 103+. Her youngest has progressed to Scarlet Fever. She has 3 more kids who have been exposed and I have 2. Nate has now been on antibiotics for 24 hours now and is no longer contagious. Mommy2many's 2 just started today.

Her youngest has had some rough times and really can't afford to be sick so he could use some extra vibes. She also has an older child with heart problems who we are watching for symptoms. Extra protection vibes would be welcomed for her. And of course a general overall set of vibes for all the kids would be appreciated.

Thanks,
tribrats

Edited because I must have been counting Hubby as a kid.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sparklygirl
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklygirl   E-mail sparklygirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sending vibes form Missouri your way!
My youngest dd was born with heart defects so I know how dangerous strep can be to heart kids.
Wishing the best for you all.

sparklygirl

--------------------
Few things are harder to put up with than a good example. -- Mark Twain
_ _______________________________ _

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Posts: 34 | From: SW Missouri | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Also sending healing vibes and nobody else get sick vibes from here in Maryland. Give all the sick little ones hugs, chicken soup, soda and red jello (that combination always made me feel better)!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks! I will be out most of the day but I will update when I get home. Nate says his tonsils feel better this morning. I'm sure I'll be talking to mommy2many later today and I will update for her kids too.

--------------------

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Auntie Witch
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of vibes headed your way.

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
GUH! Strep sucks. I had a stretch there for a while where I got strep 3 or 4 times in a single year. Of course, that last time, they told me I had mono, not strep, but all the folks I worked with who had had mono before told me that no way I had mono or I wouldn't be coming to work... I'd be curled up in bed feeling pathetic. So I know from experience that it's NO FUN, and I hope the kiddos get to feeling better soon. Also, for the kids who are currently healthy, I hope they don't catch it.

(Of all the times you WANT kids to share...)

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Didn't your friend, mommy2many, recently have a health scare? How is she doing?

I had scarlet fever before I started school, and it caused me to have a heart murmur. The doc said I'd outgrow it. I still had it when my first child was born, but it had disappeared by the time the second one came along. I spent my whole childhood unable to play softball in the street in the summer, ride the rides at the fair that turned you upside down, etc. But I got out of PE in high-school. Yay!

Well, that wasn't really supposed to be a LAM post, but it turned out that way. Just wanted to let you know about the possiblity of a heart murmer if you didn't already know, but modern medicine is much better, now. My scarlet fever was in 1945, and there weren't many effective meds back then. I think I took a form of sulphur.

Hugs, vibes, good wishes, pleasant thoughts - I wish I could do more. You and mommy2many must be exhausted by now. Hope everyone gets well soon and nobody else gets sick.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw take care everybody. Hope things improve very soon.

At least it wasn't Christmas week, eh...

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tons of get well HUGS and PRAYERS being sent to all of you, here's hoping everyone gets over all of this really soon. There is nothing worse than when your babies are sick (and yes they will always be your babies no matter what age). Take care and if you need me you know I am here.

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago, G.R.I.T.S.:
Didn't your friend, mommy2many, recently have a health scare? How is she doing?

I had scarlet fever before I started school, and it caused me to have a heart murmur. The doc said I'd outgrow it. I still had it when my first child was born, but it had disappeared by the time the second one came along. I spent my whole childhood unable to play softball in the street in the summer, ride the rides at the fair that turned you upside down, etc. But I got out of PE in high-school. Yay!

Well, that wasn't really supposed to be a LAM post, but it turned out that way. Just wanted to let you know about the possiblity of a heart murmer if you didn't already know, but modern medicine is much better, now. My scarlet fever was in 1945, and there weren't many effective meds back then. I think I took a form of sulphur.

Hugs, vibes, good wishes, pleasant thoughts - I wish I could do more. You and mommy2many must be exhausted by now. Hope everyone gets well soon and nobody else gets sick.

She's doing ok. Very stressed right now. She has a lot going on with her own kids and she is heavily involved in the Foster Care system. She did have a scare earlier this year and I can't find my original post or remember if I said what it was so I will just say that her recheck results were in her favor and that is one scare under the bridge.

Nathan will be going to school tomorrow. He seems to be doing well. Mommy's 2 little ones are improving. I am babysitting tomorrow so I will be seeing my little buddies then. That's one good thing about us being each others main babysitters. Our kids are usually sick at the same time so it doesn't really matter if we still watch them.

--------------------

Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Industrial-strength continuing-to-get-better vibes heading to the munchkins from Toronto.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. They are greatly appreciated!

Now mommy's little girl has Scarlet fever. Her older boy now has a fever and her 2 older girls have sore throats. She is taking them 3 to the doctor this afternoon.

Nate went to school so we will see how he does. Lyss seemed ok but Abby takes a long time getting over bugs. But I don't think she has strep.

--------------------

LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of vibes for everyone, from Ohio.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of vibes headed your guys' ways.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Now mommy2many's son has strep and so does she! Her girls came back neg for the quick test but they are doing a full culture to be sure. I'm taking Alyssa and Abby tomorrow to be checked.

--------------------

tribrats

I just got back and both girls have strep [Frown] . That brings the total up to 8. We could really use a break.

Because of state laws, even though Lyss has been going to school she has to stay home for 24 hours after starting antibiotics.

--------------------

Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just found this thread again after several days. How is everyone, now? What a rough time you guys are having! *hugs*

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tribrats, I just found this thread (had computer issues and missed ALOT!) Vibes and prayers sent to you and Mommy2many and the kids of all ages. My brother was a strep throat kid. He got it 2-3 times every year as a child.
I'll keep you all in thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 04 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Once again I thank everyone! Hope I don't jinx us but there are no new cases in our little group. I hope it stays that way. All the kids don't really act sick except being a tad grouchy and tired.

A few years ago Nate had it 4 times! As I understand it, because he is allergic to penicillin they give him something else. The replacements available are not quite as effective as the 'cillin family so he is more apt to catch it again sooner.

--------------------

Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tribrats:
As I understand it, because he is allergic to penicillin they give him something else. The replacements available are not quite as effective as the 'cillin family so he is more apt to catch it again sooner.

DH has that problem, too. And he's been told the same thing -- penicillin is ideal for certain diseases and other antibiotics either might not cut it alone or get prevent it from returning in the immediate future.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Healing wishes to everyone.

Strep can be very serious - I hope everyone makes a full and uncomplicated recovery.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

I have to be careful with the girls' meds. Nate doesn't go into full shock from it... Yet. He gets welts that cover his whole body and looks like a road map. But he gets a very fast reaction from almost nothing. Lyss had a U.T.I. one time and they gave her penicillin. She drank it then drank from a glass of water. Nate grabbed her glass after and drank from it thinking it was his. Just the trace on it from her lips gave him a rash within 15 minutes!

My Dad and one of my Aunts are deathly allergic to it.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages