snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » My uncle died tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My uncle died tonight
Jonny T
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonny T   Author's Homepage   E-mail Jonny T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
topic says it all to be honest.

he is...was....an athlete, collapsed due to chest pains during training. he died on the way to the hospital. suspected to be a heart attack as there is a family history of it.

I don't know how I feel. he, like most of my family outside of the parents, I only see at "family things" - births, weddings, funerals, etc. a friend summed it up pretty well for me....it's sad, on one level it's even sadder, and on another it's hard to feel sad for someone you barely knew.

I keep nearly crying.

--------------------
Hello, I love you - won't you tell me your name?
Hello! I'm good for nothing - will you love me just the same?

Greetings from the dark side...

Posts: 2731 | From: York/Reading, England | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jonny, I'm so very sorry to hear that.

My PM box is open if you ever want to talk, okay?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My condolences to you and your family.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm very sorry, Jonny T.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You and your family are in my thoughts, Jonny.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry, Jonny.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GoMeZu
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GoMeZu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I lost my uncle last year. I can empathize. My uncle was also an athlete, and he was like a second father, so to you I offer my condolences.

If you ever need to talk, just send me a PM. Also, if you would like I have a beautiful irish blessing to offer, just PM me if you would like it.

--------------------
That Damn Cow

Posts: 118 | From: Akron, OH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry for you and your family.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stormfeather
Silver Sells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stormfeather   E-mail Stormfeather   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My condolences as well.

--------------------
-,-'-,-<<0

This space for rent

Posts: 275 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry... My uncle died Sunday, and I know how you feel. It's not really a close uncle, but it's sad enough.

I think I'm going to break down at the funeral.

Condolences and ((((((hugs))))))

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry Jonny. I lost my great uncle at the beginning of November, and while we weren't close there was still sadness at his passing; for the life and love lost.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss Jonny.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry, Jonny...

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't express how bad I feel for you. Loss of family members is so hard.

Condolences and good vibes your way.

MacLloyd

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DadOf3
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf3     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Johnny, my sincere condolences. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Vibes, hugs, and good wishes to you and your family. I know it's especially hard to lose someone at this time of year, when everybody around you is planning celebrations and parties.

Oh, MissEltoe, the same to you and yours.

Posts: 539 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry, Johnny. I'm thinking about you and your family.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry about your uncle, Jonny. My condolences to you and your family.

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry Jonny, it's always hard to lose people. *hugs*

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hacker Barbie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hacker Barbie   E-mail Hacker Barbie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry to hear that, Jonny. *hugs*

Diana

Posts: 2351 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Condolences and thoughts to you and your family. When I was much younger, my great-great grandmother died. I had never met her and all I knew was what I had been told of her but I still was immensely upset, not for the loss of someone I knew from meeting but from the loss of the meetings I would never have the chance to have. It's ok to mourn the loss of someone even if you didn't know them too well.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh bollocks, Jonny. Sorry to hear that mate. PM me if you like.
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, Jonny, I'm so sorry to hear this. My uncle died in early December two years ago. It's a terrible time to grieve, when everyone seems so full of cheeriness. I think I sobbed just about the entire plane ride out to Chicago. Don't feel that you have to keep up with the festivities. DH let all our friends know what was going on and so many people were there to help make sure things were done for the kids, so I could just sort of coast along that year and be there for my mom and Gram (he was my mom's younger brother) when they needed me.

Lots of hugs from me to you. Feel free to PM if you need to. I still miss Uncle Ed, he was a wonderful, funny man and I'm sorry my kids won't grow up with his craziness.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My condolences, Jonny T.
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages