snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters show your colors! How diversely Odd are you? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Snopesters show your colors! How diversely Odd are you?
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I insisted we watch it, and sat here cheering and adoring "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and even had tears here and there... it's a tradition I love. [Smile]

Mr. Legs sat with me, knowing how much it meant to me. [Big Grin]

Not even 5 min later I was watching and cheering "Texas Chainsaw Massacare".

He thinks I'm nuts! Go figure! I was "awwww"ing and teary, then loving the massacre! I'm a psycho!

But then again, am I really?

Tell your two sides?

OK weird example, but one of a few in my life, how about you?

(Edit: the topic title to not sound like something I did not really mean)

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Andrea Bocelli/Waylon Jennings = two of my sides.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ange84
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mines along the same lines, my Ipod will go from Rhianna/Black eyed Peas/ anything else along those lines to Il Divo.

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Viliphied
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viliphied   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My Ipod today went directly from Dr. Dre to the 1812 overture

--------------------
"I used to think I was a little unstable, then I met every girl I've ever dated." -- Mike Birbiglia

Posts: 131 | From: San Luis Obispo, CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am seriously considering a funeral for my dead harddrive... or rather, for the lost artwork I was too stupid to backup.

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend once told me this could be my theme song, and I agreed [Frown]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm, Pantera to Loreena McKennitt? Or maybe "You've Got Mail" to "Kill Bill"? I hope most of the people I know are multi-faceted - it's so much more interesting that way! [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bramble Silvertree
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bramble Silvertree   E-mail Bramble Silvertree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think this counts, but other people seem to think it's strange that I can go straight from a petting zoo to a barbeque with no qualms whatsoever.

--------------------
"Tout le monde est fou, sauf vous et moi."

Posts: 47 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can spend the night getting drunk, baudy, and creating curses that have made a sailor blink. Then get up in the morning and cook a 5 course meal for in-laws, and make sure that if I slip in a curse word, it is only in front those who don't care. (Which is the MIL whom I usually curse at for being in the way in the kitchen without helping.)

I give all my friends brain-lash when listening to my favorite music. It will go from punk to opera to horrid pop.

I cry at anything on tv, but won't cry due to real life. And I'm only maternal to people over over 18.

But I think I might be schizophrenic. [fish]

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Recent stack of magazines when I went on a sudden splurge:

Kerrang
Scarlet
Classic Rock
Cosmo
Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine

I assume they thought I was buying for a family, but they're all mine.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite music... Queen and George Strait. Conway Twitty and Bowling for Soup.

Movies? "Bridges of Madison County" to "Jaws" and "Shopgirl and "House of a Thousand Corpses".

My own dogs? I have a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua.

My book shelf: Military history books (including some autobiographies from the Vietnam era) and on the next shelf- paranormal/psychic books (including autobiographies from psychics/ghost hunters).

I recycle and plant green things in an attempt to make the world a little better- but I drive a four-door pick-up truck.

I don't drink, yet I'm a bartender. [Big Grin]

Is that what we were going for?

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Billion
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Billion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kjbrasda:
I am seriously considering a funeral for my dead harddrive... or rather, for the lost artwork I was too stupid to backup.

There's places you can send crashed hard drives to that can recover lost data, if you want to spend the money on it. I once read about somebody who recovered data from a drive that was on a boat that sank to the bottom of a river, so it's got to be possible to recover whatever you lost.

--------------------
"For the U.S. to get involved militarily in determining the outcome of the struggle over who's going to govern Iraq strikes me as a classic definition of a quagmire." ~Dick Cheney.

Posts: 747 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My car was broken into recently and my wallet of compact discs was stolen. When I made a list out for my insurance company and it included:

Beatles
Seventies
Bert Kaempfert
The Wombles
Sixties
Folk
Second World War songs
Classical
Party songs
'Cheesy' music

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I abhor violence, yet furious dark forces are maelstrom within my soul, waiting for a chance to cast their shadow.

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Bible to Stephen King.
From cartoons to Asian Extreme.
I can't stand watching simulated sex in movies, but LOVE the violence!!!

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In my car's CD changer:
Shakira
Blues Brothers
Blues Brothers 2000
Blind Boys of Alabama
Classical Thunder 1 and 2

Others readily available in my car:
KLF
Weird Al Yankovich's Bad Hair Day

Some of my favorite movies:
Young Frankenstein
Lord of the Rings
My Fair Lady

Movies we watched just two weeks ago:
Mission Impossible 3
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector

Feel free to ridicule me for that last one, but I got a perverse kick out of it.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I cuss like a sailor but do not discuss sex (in particular my sex life) with my girlfriends or in fact anyone, which, apparently is odd. Apparently they share stories. I do not. I will not discuss NFBSKing in the context of my own experience with it, but I use the word NFBSK all the time unless I'm around someone it would offend.

My music? Opera to the Eagles to JJ Cale to Anna Nalick to Pink Floyd to George Clinton to Johnny Cash to the B-52's to Sammy Hagar.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have CDs of Queensryche, Phil Ochs, the soundtrack to Metropolis and Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yodeling for Jesus to various medieval motets, to Alice Cooper, to...
Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Listening to Howard Stern on my way to church every morning.

Was drunk at my bachelor party lecturing my friends on "concupiscence." (Try saying that word when you're drunk.)

Maybe I'm just a hypocrite...

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Tea:
I abhor violence, yet furious dark forces are maelstrom within my soul, waiting for a chance to cast their shadow.

I usually blame the dog when that happens to me [Big Grin]
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Loyhargil:
Movies we watched just two weeks ago:
Mission Impossible 3
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector

I forgot to add "A Prairie Home Companion" to that list. What a great movie!

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Music -- Buddy Holly to Kanye West or Tenacious D

Books -- Anne McCaffrey to Ann Rule, Robert Jordan to Laurell K Hamilton, Dean Koontz to Jane Yolen.

It's hard to think of others, because they all make perfect sense to me. I don't think of any of it being weird until someone points it out to me.

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MeliKoritsi   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cd case (I haven't joined the iPod crew yet) of my favorite cds includes:

The Beatles
Johnny Cash
Rammstein
The Supremes
Faith No More
Walter Donaldson
Ragtime
Frank Sinatra
Christina Aguilera
The Black Eyed Peas
Regina Spektor
Richard Cheese
Led Zepplin

--------------------
"In the harsh light of day, your plans seem crude and childish, making it all the more obvious that you need a good planning lamp."
>Liquor in the front, poker in the rear<

Posts: 424 | From: Edina, Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sparklygirl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklygirl   E-mail sparklygirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been a Girl Scout leader for six years and I hate to go camping.

I smoke cigarettes but hate the smell of a pipe.

I'm a grandmother but hate to be called Granny or Grandma... my grandson calls me Mimi.

I love cold weather but hate snow.

Lived by the lake my whole life but can't swim.

sparklygirl

--------------------
Few things are harder to put up with than a good example. -- Mark Twain
_ _______________________________ _

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Posts: 34 | From: SW Missouri | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
On Saturday night you'll find me chugging beer and wrestling in the mud with my Hessian friends. On Monday afternoon you'll find me getting a mani-pedi in my pencil skirt and high heels.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dogs -- Sheltie (medium herding breed with thick, long fur. Intelligent) and Greyhound (Large sighthound, short coat. Dumb as post)

Music: Most anything. My iPod could easily serve up Johnny Cash/NIN/Barry Manilow/Duran Duran/Beethoven.

Books. Well, I write and read a lot of naughty stuff, but also like classics, and children's books, true crime, and horror.

Food: Taco Bell to Ethiopian.

Movies: Kevin Smith to Pride and Prejudice.

Sparlygirl reminds me: grew up in the Great Lake State, now live in The Land of 10,000 Lakes -- toss me in a lake and I'll sink like a stone. Oh, but LOVE lakes, the sound of waves or running water, and take marathon baths.

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comic books to classics like "Little Women" and Charles Dickens

I don't like most kids shows on PBS, but I love to watch Disney movies and Ramkin/Bass holiday specials.

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like music. I love listening to every type of music from Celtic to country, classic to rock. I don't consider this odd at all. What I consider odd is people who will only listen to one type of music. To me they are like people who would look at a rainbow and say, "I only like the indigo. Everything else sucks!"

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cd player today went from Disturbed, to the Evita soundtrack to eminem to Backstreet Boys.

Last night I watched Jackass, Aladdin, Top Model and The Usual Suspects.

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Special Tinsel
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Special Tinsel   E-mail Special Tinsel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a genial, friendly, empathetic person. People are surprised when they hear me cuss (which I do often) because they think it sounds so out of character. But my sense of humor is often twisted and I am sometimes secretly tickled by shameful and wildly inappropriate things.

quote:
Originally posted by Bramble Silvertree:
I don't think this counts, but other people seem to think it's strange that I can go straight from a petting zoo to a barbeque with no qualms whatsoever.

One of the major attractions in Northern KY is the Newport Aquarium. Next door to the aquarium is... a fish market. Exactly as tacky as it sounds, but no one around here seems to mind.
Posts: 115 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 603 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are many different facets to tag but I don't believe that any of them are so opposite that people would be amazed or bewildered. My musical tastes run from classic rock to classical to french beginning with 40s-60s (Piaf, for example). I don't think of this as odd. I don't know anyone that listens to a single genre instance.

ETA: I read NorthernLite's post and had to add celtic. Actually, I listen to too many types of mucis to try to list any of them. I wanted to list the celtic, though, so I could mention I'm going to Finvarra's Wren - Annual Winter Solstice Celebration Dec 15 at the Ark in Ann Arbor! *VBS* It'll be awesome.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't describe anything in particular right now, my brain seriously isn't working. But, out of all the people that know me, some think I'm the sweetest girl in the world, and others think I'm a complete bitch!

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like Gaelic Storm and Bon Jovi and Duran Duran, not to mention Beethoven.

I can curse like a sailor, but conduct myself extremely seriously at work, so seriously that I doubt that some of my coworkers would believe I even know such language exists.

ETA: I love "People" and "Entertainment Weekly" magazines, and I've read the Bible from cover to cover, twice.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberry Limeade

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberry Limeade   Author's Homepage   E-mail Strawberry Limeade   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
People always scoff at me when I mention that shots/giving blood squicks me out since I have 2 tattoos. In my defense, the needles are different and are doing very different things.

--------------------
"My artist statement is incomprehensible and therefore full of deep significance." - Calvin

Posts: 36 | From: Indiana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages