snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » 2007 North Texas snopester Gathering...? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2007 North Texas snopester Gathering...?
Mama Duck
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, there will be about 250,000 people looking to spend the night somewhere roughly. And there isn't much inthe way of hotels near the racetrack. Fans tend to spill out over the whole area. My suggestion is that if we're going to go with this weekend, book your hotel room now.

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I will plan on coming. And with this much notice, I should be able to seek out an actual cheap flight, rather than driving.

Unless I can convince ya'll to have it in Amarillo? [Big Grin]

A sleepover is a must! I will bring the Arbor Mist, but not the Awful Pink Wine. I will also find someone realiable to watch The Boutros this time. Or if there is a dog-friendly hotel????

And may I add "W00000T!"

TG

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lilybet
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilybet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

Hmmm, wonder if that weekend might not be a good idea. Then again, there's always something going on in the Metroplex! I should know, I worked on a damn tourism website for the bastids. [Smile]

It would be cool if we could get to meet The Boutros!

I'm in Laredo right now. Whee.

--------------------
A day in the life: Human woman *** Frozen turkey

Posts: 1361 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you're looking for accomodations far from the track but not too far from Arlington, there's a Comfort Inn in Mansfield (S. of Arlington). I've been told its pretty nice. There's also a La Quinta by the Parks Mall.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am trying to figure out a way to bring The Boutros to the Las Vegas meet.

Someone suggested that I set up a booth with "Pictures with The Boutros $10" on it. Nah. With that many people to meet, I don't think he'd sit still for that long.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
Unless I can convince ya'll to have it in Amarillo?

That's the problem I've had with this thread. How can Dallas be "North Texas" when there is a whole lot of Texas (land-wise) NORTH of Dallas?

Go Sandies!

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I don't know if this will help or hurt the discussion regarding where to meet but Humperdinks has $1 kids meals on Saturdays. We've take our kids there everal times & the food is pretty good.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I really don't have a strong preference about location, I just threw that out to add to the choices. However, if it is going to be on race weekend can we please do it on Saturday as I will be going to the race. (redneck hillbilly Dale Jr. fan here.)

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cat Grey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 402 posted      Profile for Cat Grey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
That's the problem I've had with this thread. How can Dallas be "North Texas" when there is a whole lot of Texas (land-wise) NORTH of Dallas?

That because "2007 More-Or-Less-North Central-ish Texas snopester Gathering, With Room For People From Out Of State" didn't have quite the same ring to it. [Razz]

The gathering will definitely be on a Saturday. Recovering from the sleepover in time to get to the race is another matter...

--------------------
"Beer assuages grief. No one tells you that." ~Arrow-Tech IV

Posts: 1612 | From: Darkest America (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Who needs sleep? If anyone is interested in extending the gathering to a Sunday of beer-guzzling, rednecking, watching cars go round in circles, let me know. (Jeff Gordon fans need not apply.)

--------------------

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cat Grey:
quote:

That because "2007 More-Or-Less-North Central-ish Texas snopester Gathering, With Room For People From Out Of State" didn't have quite the same ring to it. [Razz]

Besides, geography be damned, in Texas Dallas is referred to as North Texas.
It doesn't have to make sense, it's Texas!

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Phooey. I wanna live in Texas...kind of.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starla:
quote:
Originally posted by Cat Grey:
quote:

Besides, geography be damned, in Texas Dallas is referred to as North Texas.
It doesn't have to make sense, it's Texas!

I've lived in Amarillo, and that was always one of the "things" that bugged me (that and the fact Amarillo was so flat).

Of course, if you want a town where you can really have fun.... Amarillo is not one of them.

Of course, it could have changed some since 1978...

--------------------

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
waffles

--------------------

Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

IND, you can always visit!

--------------------

Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Of course, if you want a town where you can really have fun.... Amarillo is not one of them.

I've had plenty of fun in Amarillo. 'Course, I've never been there more than 24 hours, and always find a hotel with a good bar.

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Towknie:
quote:

I've had plenty of fun in Amarillo. 'Course, I've never been there more than 24 hours, and always find a hotel with a good bar.
As I wrote, it could always have changed in the past 25+ years....

--------------------

Kev
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev   E-mail Kev   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie in the Elevator:
Who needs sleep? If anyone is interested in extending the gathering to a Sunday of beer-guzzling, rednecking, watching cars go round in circles, let me know. (Jeff Gordon fans need not apply.)

Ooh, I might possibly be interested, I would really like to go to a race. Are Kevin Harvick fans allowed?

--------------------
Austin Stars Drum & Bugle Corps | Kev's MySpace

Posts: 1126 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cat Grey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Cat Grey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is the current plan:
April 14th (Saturday)
1:00 p.m. 'til whenever
Humperdinks in Arlington

Once again, the floor is open for suggestions, objections, inspections, and neglections.

--------------------
"Beer assuages grief. No one tells you that." ~Arrow-Tech IV

Posts: 1612 | From: Darkest America (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages