snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Are you a bad snopester? Or a good snopester? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Are you a bad snopester? Or a good snopester?
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to post too quickly sometimes, and not understand what I'm replying to/talking about.

I don't revisit threads I've posted in often enough to carry on a debate.

I sometimes skip over posts made by particular people.

I feel that I should be known more than I am. I look in 'Snopesters MIA' and never see myself, and am sometimes disappointed.

As far as being a good snopester, I know enough not to get in a discussion where I will be over my head.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HollowMan:
I feel that I should be known more than I am. I look in 'Snopesters MIA' and never see myself, and am sometimes disappointed.

But you post regularly, several times a month. You can't be MIA without an absence.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
True Jenn, It's more perceptual than anything else I think.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah. Jenn always signs your tardy-slips, HollowMan. Now take your seat!

--------------------
The salty fragrance of LEau DImNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow - it is so nice to know how many other people feel insecure (not because they are suffering but because it makes me feel less embarrassed about my own insecurities).

My faults (not to be considered an exhaustive list):

• Insecurity.
  • Feeling left out sometimes even though no one has left me out.
  • Far too long winded.
  • I am jealous of people who joined after me but have much higher post counts (particularly because I already spend too much time here, and because I feel that they probably have more of a life than me as well)
  • There are some Snopesters I don't like, and just never will (But Andrew of Ware isn't one of them). This is no fault of the people concerned, I guess it is just a personality clash.
  • I don't often feel able to join in the more personal topics, or send (((Hugs))) but then I am not that sort of person in real life either. I do empathise, and think good thoughts for people, but I'm not good at expressing it
  • I feel guilty because I read the personal stuff in the NFBSK Gone Wild forum but have nothing interesting to share. I have learnt some things though [Wink]
  • When I am unhappy I post a lot less. I still read, and I think of things to say, but I just can't be bothered to actually type and post sometimes.
  • My spelling can be bad when I am concentrating on what I want to say. And my typing is worse.

My good points :
  • I always take the time to welcome new posters
  • I apologise when I'm in the wrong
  • I offer advice when I have any
  • I put time and effort into being reasonable, and trying to treat people with respect even when I don't feel like it. Sometimes this means I won't respond to something at all.

I am suprised by how similar my internet interactions are to my face to face interactions really.

Victoria J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How is not liking certain people a fault? No one can possibly like everyone or be liked by everyone. Whether at school, work, on the bus, or as part of an online community we will always encounter people we don't like and people who don't like us.

I consider not liking someone to neutral. It's how you choose deal with the people you don't like that's the good or bad trait. If you deal with them as civilly and respectfully as you would with anyone else, that's good. If you seek them out to harp on everything they say just for the sake of being contrary because you don't like them, that's not so good.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is snopes the person automatically a good snopester?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
(grunts)
[inner monologue]Boy, this ten-foot pole is heavier than I thought.[/inner monologue]

No, it's not automatic.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
quote:
Originally posted by HollowMan:

But you post regularly, several times a month. You can't be MIA without an absence.
But, some snopesters are mentioned on the MIA thread event though they have been gone a couple of days. So, after I am gone for a week or more, I have this strong urge to check in the MIA thread if someone noticed that I was gone, and it's usually dissapointing. I know it's bad for us to expect anyone to miss us

I even feel bad posting this because it sounds like I'm complaining. I'm really not. I accept my lot as a poster who isn't noticed much

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I think those of us who have felt like the unpopular kids at some point in our (school or other) careers probably perceive an in group and immediately assume that it's exclusionary...because that's what we're used to.

That is a really really good point. Especially since several other people who have posted about wanting to be part of the 'in crowd' are people I considered to be part of it.

My big confession is that I often feel inferior intellectually - I don't have much life experience, my book learning isn't all that great and I don't really understand or follow politics too closely. But I also know that is my own issue and something I could work on if I chose to.

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What!? You're a staple, Mad Jay!

I keep tabs on everyone. Scary tabs.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of LEau DImNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
How is not liking certain people a fault? No one can possibly like everyone or be liked by everyone. Whether at school, work, on the bus, or as part of an online community we will always encounter people we don't like and people who don't like us.

I consider not liking someone to neutral. It's how you choose deal with the people you don't like that's the good or bad trait. If you deal with them as civilly and respectfully as you would with anyone else, that's good. If you seek them out to harp on everything they say just for the sake of being contrary because you don't like them, that's not so good.

I think it is something I consider a fault because it is essentially irrational. If asked to explain WHY I don't like some people I couldn't actually give a reason.

I would also like to feel good about everyone on this board because I feel that having in common an interest in this board (and by extension choosing to spend time where people do try to discuss things in an articulate and thoughtful way) should be enough. Which in 99% of cases it is.

One of my favourite things about the board is that I get to read views I wouldn't normally encounter. I have found that I am capable of understanding and respecting a greater spectrum of views (even ones I profoundly disagree with) than I would have thought, and that I can like people I do not agree with at all. But very occasionaly I encounter someone who I just don't like, and I feel irrational and unreasonable.

Victoria - I did mention "long winded" didn't I - J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I'mNotDedalus:

I'm a staple?? I hope I'm not a cereal!! [Big Grin]

But, then that means I'm being ignored. I think I like not being noticed better. [lol]

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder how much our avocations affect the way we post.

I know Chloe often posts on language issues, and has a Higher Degree in English (or is it in something more specialized?).

TGirl mentioned that I jump in with information--I'm a researcher by profession and tend to react to questions by looking things up.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Jay:
quote:

Cereal? No, you're a little bendy piece of metal that holds documents together.

Feel better? [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Graeybeard
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graeybeard   E-mail Graeybeard   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Jay:
quote:

Or would you rather be a paper clip? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It matters not, the size of dot, what colour skin, or paper thin;
What matters more, to set the score; the heart within, and spirit kin." PLH 2006

Posts: 25 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 500 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dont think there are good snopesters and bad snopesters. There are just snopesters. There are new ones, and there are old ones. Not in age, but in time spent on the boards.

I don't think there is an "in crowd" there are some people who are more known than others because they are more vocal, post more, and generally make themselves known. That crowd changes as time goes by.

There are others who are known due to the somewhat randomness of thier posts. (yeah, I'm looking at you IND. The penguins made me say it)

There are others, like me, who aren't very well known, because i lurk more than i post. I very rarely get into heated debated with people. I give advice if i feel that i know enough about the topic to say something, then slink back into lurkdom.

There have been some very entertaining fueds in the board, but most of those were just lively disagreements. People who respected each other, yet still vehemently disagreed with each other.

I don't believe it's possible to like everyone. But it is possible to generally respect everyone, which is what is found here.

Yes, there are inside jokes, but most people are happy to explain them. Especially when requested in the Initiation Thread. It's very rare for someone to be shot down for asking questions about the community here, most people are happy to redirect the questioner to the appropriate forum, thread, or what not.

I love this place. As much as i dont know very many of you on a personal level, i feel like you are an extended family. With all the ups and downs that go with one.

Jenn, 4K, you guys do a great job, moderating the board and sorting through the massive amount of emails that snopes and Barbara get.

I appreciate all the work that snopes and Barbara put in to keep this place and the main page running. And all their patience in dealing with us.

I really appreciate all the people who post here, even those who think their posts are not noticed, or ignored. They usually aren't.

Wow, i wrote a novel. That's what i get for taking painkillers and deciding to respoond.

kmcm "sorry i was so long winded" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Victoria J:

[*] There are some Snopesters I don't like, and just never will (But Andrew of Ware isn't one of them). This is no fault of the people concerned, I guess it is just a personality clash.
Victoria J

Thanks Victoria! I am off to bed now with a warm glow all over me.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[*]I am jealous of people who joined after me but have much higher post counts (particularly because I already spend too much time here, and because I feel that they probably have more of a life than me as well)

See, I would guess they have less of a life, and thus have more time to post.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew of Ware, Elfland:
quote:

[*] There are some Snopesters I don't like, and just never will (But Andrew of Ware isn't one of them). This is no fault of the people concerned, I guess it is just a personality clash.
Victoria J

Thanks Victoria! I am off to bed now with a warm glow all over me.
Now, I 'could' have made a funny here, but i'm 32 this week and with this maturity i'm going to let this one go [Wink]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kmcm:
Jenn, 4K, you guys do a great job, moderating the board and sorting through the massive amount of emails that snopes and Barbara get.

I believe 4K does not moderate, she "just" sorts the email.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think I'm either a good or bad snopester. I don't think such a designation is important as long as everyone follows the rules. Most folks do, and the ones that don't are quickly give the boot.

And having been excluded my entire life from cliques, I am quite confident that none exist here.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
quote:

Jenn moderates, 4K sorts, which is the order they are in the sentance. I didn't want the post to be even longer than it already was. yeesh. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's see.

I will outright stop posting in a thread when I feel that I have made my point, and then cleared said point.

I can be confusing. More so when I can't right out or express my feelings clearly.

I am a smartass, it shows. I sometimes think that others think that I am being snarky when I am just being a smartass.

I use I way to much, but that is because me and I are secret lovers.

I very seldom post in a sad or happy thread about another snopesters personal life, and I very rarely give out hugs or vibes. Sometimes I will feel very bad about not posting in a thread, it doesnt mean I don't care I just find it hard to say the rights things when people are hurting.

My spelling and grammer skills could use some improvement, those two things are not my strong suit. That is why I avoid the grammer threads.

I can be easily offended, and it is usually over something so little.

I'm sure other people can point something out about me that makes me oh so evil.

E_E

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
On the whole 'disliking snopesters' think I've found its a list that changes. Sometimes its because the snopester in question changes but in other times its I begin to understand them better. I think some people sometimes can give first impressions that don't quite correlate with the later impressions, or alternatively can meet a few 'hot button' topics in quick sucession and come across badly.

Also, I'd like to thank snopesters who have taught me to think differently. It doesn't necessarily mean I always agree with you (general) but that I've taken to looking at things with your perspective.

ETA: Yes, I am saying that I have internalised some of you.

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Tea:
Now, I 'could' have made a funny here, but i'm 32 this week and with this maturity i'm going to let this one go [Wink]

I love your 'funnys' Jay Tea. There, I'm outed, and HB too, youngster. [Wink]

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Em:
I'd forgotten about that. I thought it would help with "I pronounce 'X' as 'Y'" threads, but I was so self-conscious recording myself that I probably tried to pronounce 'X' as "Snurrglurrfl".

For reminding me, you get a complimentary Christmas tree...
 -

... which reminds me, of another of my bad snopester traits. I have a habit of interjecting with inappropriate homemade GIFs. What can I say? I have too much time on my hands.

Oh, pretty twinkle lights - I love it! Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

quote:
quote:
quote:

Jenn moderates, 4K sorts, which is the order they are in the sentance. I didn't want the post to be even longer than it already was. yeesh. [Big Grin]
That's why the word "respectively" was invented. [Razz]

--------------------

Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I probably post too much, too inconsequentially, and too goofy, but
quote:

I gotta be me,
I gotta be me,
Oh why can't you see
I can't be a flea,
I gotta be me--

Whether I'm right
Or whether I ain't,
Whether my posts in this thread are cute
Or make you feel faint,
I gotta be me,
Oh, I gotta be me,
I'm not paid a fee,
I do it for free,
I gotta be me!

I want to post, and not merely lurk,
Now maybe that means sometimes I post like a jerk,
I gotta be me,
I gotta be me,
The posts that I see make me say whee,
I gotta .... beeeeee.....meeeeeee!

Thankyou, thankyou. Thankyouvery much. Please tip your waitresses. And be nice to your folks--they've been nice to you. Aw, thankyou.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's why the word "respectively" was invented. [Razz]
Please, forgive my lack of respectively, i blame it entirely on the painkillers i was on, and the penguins. The penguins make it difficult to think clearly. [Big Grin]

--------------------

RangerDog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think actually meeting people at a gathering helps make the board a better, friendlier place. I will tend to read a thread more closely when a DC Area snopester has posted. Having been here a good while, I don't have a huge post count. On serious threads someone has usually already posted close to my views so I feel no need to do a "me too." If not I will add a nuance or two. I don't type very fast because my hands hurt so I often don't press Add reply. If I did I would be spanked a lot. [lol]

I also study profiles in order to garner more about where a person is coming from.

I think snopes is secretly conducting a grand social experiment using us (the invisible play mates) as his guinea pigs and will soon have his Doctoral thesis published, become famously rich, and invite us all to come live with him and Ms Barbara on a big ranch. Then he will serve us Kool-Aid.............WHAT!

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
murmurzz
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for murmurzz   E-mail murmurzz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've refrained from "me, too" postings but I must admit I've been tempted if only to say "hi, I'm here too" because I post so infrequently that I don't feel a "part of the group".

I post rarely, but lurk almost daily. During the weekday, that is. Oh, and only during work hours.

I find myself really liking some "snopesters" based solely on their posts (duh!) and feel I want to reach out, but I don't. Let me clarify: I'm really attracted to that random sense of humor: Brad, Jay Tea, Dara, Silas, IND, and others ... and I want to BE a part of it but am too shy to.

How strange, as someone else has said, my online personality closely mirrors me IRL re: bashfulness.

And everytime I post, I also check to see if someone quoted and/or referred to me. Weirdo.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/murmurzz <--- psst, I need friends. Bad.

Posts: 167 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why, thank you, murmurzz. Please do reach out. Right there under my left shoulder blade...now scratch, please...ahhhhh, thanks. I never can reach that spot.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

quote:
Originally posted by murmurzz:
I find myself really liking some "snopesters" based solely on their posts (duh!) and feel I want to reach out, but I don't. Let me clarify: I'm really attracted to that random sense of humor: Brad, Jay Tea, Dara, Silas, IND, and others ... and I want to BE a part of it but am too shy to.

Funny you should mention our motley coven, as we recently had our annual meeting (on the new Mars waterhole--Silas' pick this time around). Anyway, we were, per usual, desperately trying to come up with a concretized code of conduct.

Brad said wit 'em up.
Jay Tea said feed 'em up.
Dara said yell 'em up.
Silas said think 'em up.
And I said love 'em up. But really love 'em. No, I mean really, really love 'em.

Then they stripped me of my membership. So, I'm lookin' for new representation. Hmmm, you look good, murmurzz. But I mean good. No, I mean really, really good.

--------------------

mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My faults:
1. Smart-ass responses sometimes where, in retrospect, they aren't appropriate.
2. Not reading the message boards enough anymore.
3. Spending too much time lately posting about my current health situation. To some, it must seem like a constant "feel sorry for me" plea (it isn't).

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages