snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Are you a bad snopester? Or a good snopester? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Are you a bad snopester? Or a good snopester?
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by guruwan2b:
~~~guru whispers~~ I see pirates. They are everywhere....

OK. So I have a pirate fetish. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Nothing wrong at all...

Not unless you tell your co-workers that you have a Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow sex dreams. And that every thing on your desk is somehow related to PoTC.

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a bad snopester in that I seem to mostly participate in the "fun" threads. Particularly the photo challenge. I can say that has a lot to do with me getting to a thread, reading through it while thinking of my response and then seeing someone post my response only better than I could have. My writing leaves a LOT to be desired (hence the reason I didn't follow my novel writer dream). I use a lot of parentheses and ellipses (is that the right term for the "..."?). See there I go again! I'm also not as amusing as I like to think I am on a frequent basis (IMO).

I'm good in that I do try to read through a thread before I post. I try to be supportive and haven't posted a lot of the snarky things that come to mind sometimes.

I like this board and come here daily so I try hard to be a good snopester!

Pixie"middle of the road"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There is nothing good nor bad but posting makes it so. Particularly posts with an inflated sense of worth. I much prefer inflatable balloons.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a bad snopster. I try to post when I can, but mostly lurk alot. When I do get into a rare thread I don't stick around to follow up and do my posting mostly when I am at work . I won't jump into the middle of a huge debate because I know I don't have the time to go back and read 20 pages..

I love to read the threads here though. So many interesting opinions!

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I tend to post random nonsense, but I try to make it amusing. I can be snarky, but I try to temper it with humor, and I try to pick my moments. I'm not sure how much of worth I contribute, but I did once say something sig-worthy!

(Rate me! Rate me! Look upon me and assign me a value!)

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Badness:

I primarily post in non-technical, non-controversial threads. This is because I'm not knowledgeable (at least compared to others), lazy, and also terrified of getting into disagreements.

I hold grudges.

I obsess over the wording of my posts and worry that my writing style is too formal, not formal enough, unnatural, etc.

I tend to launch into long stories of dubious relevance. This is a habit I have IRL too.

I'm a narcissist and check a lot to see if anyone has responded to my posts. I also expect people to know me better than they do - for example, I looked for myself in the "Snopesters as Film Stars" thread, and in the MIA thread after I'd been gone for a while. I actually don't post enough to be really well-known, though. I forget that the internet is not like sitting in a room full of people - if you don't say anything no one knows that you're there.

And my #1 Bad Snopester quality:
I hang out on this message board when I'm supposed to be studying. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bonnie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Theodorakis:
I'm a bad snopester because I started a "1000th post" thread.

-

Well, at least you've thrown in the "blow-job smiley" for our amusement . . .

A poster once revealed in a somewhat contentious thread that he had believed me and a third poster to be socks of snopes, who had also participated in the thread.

I think this characterization means not that the two of us are good snopesters or bad snopesters, but rather that we're, like, imaginary snopesters.

Bonnie "Hosiery Daddy?!" Taylor

--------------------
Se non č vero, č ben trovato.

Posts: -99014 | From: Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of my posts tend to be of a more humourous bent. I am very upfront about this, even to the point of putting the "Lite" in my nickname to remind myself not to allow my more contentious side to take the fore. I believe that this is a positive attribute for me.

On the negative side, I showed a nonbeliever the secret handshake.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I read the OP and the links, and all the posts of any thread that I try to participate in. I've learned to spell check before posting.
It's hard to fully participate in a debate without spending long consecutive hours here, because for me, real work sometimes takes over.

It can be frustrating coming back to find others have made your point and often more eloquently.
I try not to offend anyone, but sometimes still do.
But really, how do some of you have so much time to keep up?

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm 20th Century Fox
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm 20th Century Fox   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'm 20th Century Fox   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to only post when something dramatic is going on in my life, and there's been enough drama this year that I could write a book! When things are going well for me, I back off of snopes and am just a silent observer, for the most part.

--------------------
When my chin is on the ground I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

Posts: 1765 | From: Greensboro, NC | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

because for me, real work sometimes takes over.

Hah. You need another job. Like mine.
quote:

But really, how do some of you have so much time to keep up?

Well, I really only post at work (for the most part). i have a weird ability, in that I'm currently doing the jobs of 2 1/2 persons, and can finish my work in half the time it took them. This gives me lots of free time, which I scatter throughout the day (30 min of work, 10 of posting or reading the news or checking out my favorite blogs.)

I'd be quite happy if someone would pay me a salary, but allow me to just be in the office for the amount of time it takes me to complete my work. But then I wouldn't post or read things on the net nearly as often.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I prefer think of myself as a "naughty poster" rather than bad, per se.

I do admit that a good or bad snopes day can totally affect my mood. I tend to take things a little personally sometimes. And there are some people that just get under my skin and I can't keep my mouth shut.

And I also fear that I may be one of the posters about who Silas said something about overly ornate, Germanic-style sentence structure in another thread.

I also understand that implicitly comparing Zachary to First of Two was an insult of the extremest sort, and for that, I sincerely apologize.

I think I might also use emoticons too much.

That and I don't pay nearly as much attention to IND as I should. Because everyone should pay more attention to IND.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Izzy Quigley:
I'm a narcissist and check a lot to see if anyone has responded to my posts. I also expect people to know me better than they do - for example, I looked for myself in the "Snopesters as Film Stars" thread

I've got to confess to doing this as well - although I would have been very surprised if anyone had come up with anything for me in the film stars thread. I'm definitely not well enough known for that.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
I prefer think of myself as a "naughty poster" rather than bad, per se.

Well, there goes my concentration for the rest of the day.

*daydreaming* Mmmmmm.....

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a bad Snopester. I often wonder if I fit in at all here, and why I bother to keep coming back. This is all related to my own issues of self esteem, and I hold none of you responsible for any of my feelings.

That being said...

I get a little envious sometimes that I'm not part of the "in" crowd here. I'm a wallflower in real life as well as this board.

I avoid the controversial subjects and even when I do post in a thread that's a hot topic I back out and avoid it as soon as it starts to get heated. I don't share my opinions often, because I'm afraid I'll get shot down or ridiculed or forced to back it up when I'm not sure I could do that to the degree that's required around here.

I crave acceptance and approval, so I try mainly to post happy stuff, animal stuff, cute stuff, etc. When I find an especially juicy bit of news that no one else has posted on yet, I actually get excited because I get the scoop and hope that someone will actually notice. Of course, when the debates start I stop participating because I don't want a conflict. For a perfect example of this see the "Webb and Bush have a chilly moment" thread. I posted the link, and haven't posted anything since. I'm afraid to now because it's heating up there.

I don't talk much about my problems, because I don't want to be accused of posting "LAM" stuff or being a whiner or attention whore. The one time I did gush about some of my confidence issues, my post seemed to be ignored while another poster was coddled over what, to me, seemed like a minor issue. That was my perception, at least, and I want to restate that I don't bear anyone any ill will over it. I was wrong to feel that way, but still, it's how I felt and how I often feel. Like others here, I get discouraged when I make a post and no one responds or even seems to notice.

Wow ... that was a book, wasn't it? Sorry to bother but I wanted to get that off my chest and this was the perfect opportunity.

Now to go find something cutesy and most likely cat-related to make up for this bleakness! [Big Grin]

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Note: My post above is my main failing as a snopester. I tend to post snide or humerous (to me) comments much more than I do actual helpful or useful ones. Plus I don't get to the actual UL section much and I probably post too much in NFBSK topics.

I will now go punish myself by consuming Pop Rocks and soda.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know I'm not as funny or smart as I think I am. But, that doesn't stop me from posting.

On occasion, while responding to posts, I have held up my middle finger at the monitor

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:
I get a little envious sometimes that I'm not part of the "in" crowd here.

I see comments about "the in crowd" and "the cool kids" and I always wonder who they are and if they're aware of it. I bet most of the people who you see as being part of the in crowd feel the same way.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
callee considers me a part of what makes snopes what it is? Oh dear, I guess I'd better make more of a concerted effort to be inconspicuous. Would a Groucho Marx disguise help? [Wink]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ryda said:
I have a tendency to be a horrific person without meaning to. (Hence the dub that resides behind my username, courtesy of Signora, which she applied to me with all love, but all seriousness.)

Evil BitchMonster from Colorado?

I never thought you were that bad, but maybe I just never took your posts personally...

quote:
quiltbyspam said:
What I'm most afraid of (here, at least) is that I've become one of those posters who makes other people roll their eyes and skip over what I've written. I need to remember that it happens from time to time. I've even seen a 4Kittie's post ignored. Now, if she can be ignored, I certainly shouldn't take it personally if I am.

By my reckoning, at least two thirds of all posts are "ignored", as in "not quoted by anybody".

That doesn't mean that nobody has read them or thought them worthwhile. If it's a new poster who wrote something worthwhile, then I sometimes quote their post to say so, so that they know it's been appreciated, but usually the board doesn't go for "me too" posts in a big way. I often read posts that are hilarious, or informative or thought-provoking (or all three) but I wouldn't post to say so unless I had something else to add to the thread.

As a general rule, I would say the opposite to your implication was the case - if every one of your posts gets quoted by numerous people, then you're probably being annoying.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I definitely am a "me too" poster.

I also (like someone else mentioned) tend to feel slightly offended if I feel my posts were ignored. There are times when I thought I had something really insightful to say and get no response.

Otherwise, I tend to only post only in threads where I can just give my opinion and don't need a "cite". Lord knows you guys run circles around me in that department!

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to post long diatribes about myself that might not relate to the thread.

I also, like other snopesters, sometimes put too much emotion into my posts on sensitive subjects. I've stopped myself from posting several times if I think I'm taking something too personally...but not enough.

I also make bizarre references to things the subjects of threads remind me of.

Oh, you mean my *faults?* Oh, I thought you wanted my good points!

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Jay:
On occasion, while responding to posts, I have held up my middle finger at the monitor

Join the club [Smile]

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
quote:
Ryda said:
I have a tendency to be a horrific person without meaning to. (Hence the dub that resides behind my username, courtesy of Signora, which she applied to me with all love, but all seriousness.)

Evil BitchMonster from Colorado?
I think it stood for Evil B*tch of Colo. But, yeah. Personally, I wear it with pride [Big Grin]
quote:

I never thought you were that bad, but maybe I just never took your posts personally...

Well, I quite often forget that I'm pretty out there as far as ideology. I think I pissed off about 90% of the board in my first thread here (I'd been on the Ms. magazine boards, which were pretty radical). And I am often confused that people take things emotionally more seriously than I do (both in life and here).

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes you make people think about things that they might not want to think about - that could be it. Also you tend to post in very academic terms that read quite differently if one takes them personally.

(edit) Sorry, this is getting far too close to discussing other people rather than ourselves.

I meant to correct my original post in this thread to say that I often sound pompous and overly pedantic, rather than arrogant, but on reflection I think I sound pompous, pedantic and arrogant...!

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's not forget that you're always talking about how smart you are. *ducks*

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Well, of course - but only relative to you losers. There are a lot of people cleverer than me.
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
That and I don't pay nearly as much attention to IND as I should. Because everyone should pay more attention to IND.

Yeah! Especially to my endocrine system. That little light never sleeps.

quote:

[lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[hijack] Every time I see Ryda Wong EBfCo the same thought goes through my mind: "She incorporated herself?" [/hijack]

Bad NorthernLite! Bad snopester!

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well, of course - but only relative to you losers. There are a lot of people cleverer than me.

Actually I was talking about Ryda, before your ETA. The ego on some people!

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In answer to the topic questions:
"Yes."

Hi, EBfCo. [Big Grin] *hug*

Edited because there are actually two topic questions, not just one question.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:
I get a little envious sometimes that I'm not part of the "in" crowd here.

I see comments about "the in crowd" and "the cool kids" and I always wonder who they are and if they're aware of it.
I'm part of the "in" crowd, IMO. But then again, so is TGG. So is Jenn. So is everyone else here. I've never liked the concept of the "cool kids," so to me, everyone is part of the "in" club.

There. That should settle that. [Big Grin]

Now, as for me.

Faults, vol. 1:

I tend to not take things seriously often. I'm often sarcastic when I shouldn't be. I tend to hijack threads (although I think I've gotten better at that). I tend to flirt a lot. I tend to hijack threads while flirting (although this one, too, has gotten better recently). I can be snarky. I can be rude. I'm not nearly as funny as I think I am.

But, OTOH, I think overall, I'm a nice guy. I try to stick to what was said rather than what was said in previous threads. I don't carry grudges. I try to be civil, and most of the time, I succeed. When my mistakes are pointed out, I acknowledge them (and even can poke fun at myself over them). I tend to avoid LAM posts. And I'm becoming a much better arguer than I was before joining here.

So, would I classify myself as a good or bad snopester? I'd say neither. I'll just go for snopester.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

That's it? I often swear a blue streak at the monitor. Frightens the cats, even.
quote:
Originally posted by quiltsbypam:
I've even seen a 4Kittie's post ignored. Now, if she can be ignored, I certainly shouldn't take it personally if I am.

I'll take this to mean, "4Kitties' posts are so erudite and enlightening that it's stunning that they are sometimes overlooked," and not, "4Kitties is so full of draaaaamaaaaaa that she's difficult to ignore." [lol]

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I talk too much.

I snuck onto the board without telling Tootsie I was here and waited for her to figure it out.

I don't consider that posting in only (or mainly) the lighter threads makes me a bad snopester.

Nor do I consider parentheticals a bad thing.

I don't generally care if people respond to my posts, unless they've asked a question to which I've responded and they then repost the question (maybe they didn't like my answer; I don't know).

I'm always astonished when someone refers to me in his/her post.

I try to pay attention to Jenn, 4K and especially Barbara and snopes.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

quote:
Originally posted by Mistletoey Chloe:
quote:

Actually I was talking about Ryda, before your ETA. The ego on some people!
Hmph.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages