snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Are you a bad snopester? Or a good snopester? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Are you a bad snopester? Or a good snopester?
Salamander
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Like AdmiralDinty, I don't always read the article linked in the OP.

I have also mistaken one poster for another which is particularly embarrassing when you're berating one for the sins of another. I'm getting much better at avoiding this though!

I suffer from rather intense bouts of envy when I read some of the amazingly articulate posts written by some of the very talented ULMB denizens.

I over-invest emotionally in these boards at times, hence my one sabbatical to date when I realised my entire mood for the day could hinge upon responses to my posts. Thankfully this hasn't been as much of an issue since my return which is why I'm allowing myself the pleasure of continuing to posting here.

In relation to the above, I still get cranky when I make what I feel is a rather stunning observation, counter point or insightful response in a thread and it garners no response.

Positives? Hummmmmmm...

I can be funny sometimes (but not the funniest by far, which leads me back to that whole envy thing).

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberry Limeade
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberry Limeade   Author's Homepage   E-mail Strawberry Limeade   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Another one here who writes posts that are deleted instead of posted. I think that's because I just got back into town, so to speak. I'm working on it.

--------------------
"My artist statement is incomprehensible and therefore full of deep significance." - Calvin

Posts: 36 | From: Indiana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In looking over my last 50 posts I think my greatest sin is only checking out recent topics and therefore hardly ever commenting on actual Urban Legends.

That and spelling.

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dfresh
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dfresh   E-mail dfresh   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am yet another who doesn't actually press "add reply" as often as I fill in the message space, since I figure that odds are, someone else will fill in what I was going to say, and my sense of humor sometimes causes offense, so the whole posting thing is not worth it.
Posts: 420 | From: Oxford, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hijack threads. A lot. Sometimes I even hijack them into discussions about topics that have already been talked to death. And sometimes I hijack them into utter silliness. I was a founding member of the Church of the Clueless.

On the other hand, I strive to always be courteous and respectful to anyone I'm debating with, and supportive of those going through personal crises. I use good grammar (except for a slight tendency to employ run-on senences with a lot of parentheticals) and, if not good logic, the best logic I've got on hand at the moment.

I'd say I'm a pretty average snopester.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I abandon my posts. I create threads, hoping to see others discuss the content, but forget to check in to see how things are going.

I do try to be nice to newbies though. So I'm not all bad.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm bad, bad, bad. But that's how y'all like me, isn't it?

I form secret PM alliances merely for giggling, I bicker over semantics, I expect total understanding and acceptance of my ridiculous opinions and positions, and I post about makeup far too much. Second to makeup is the useless double entendre. I drink shots of Black Haus during the day and only look one way when crossing the street. I change my sig line too much. Sometimes I skim the threads.

Naughty, naughty Ana. Fish me. [Razz]

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would guess my ratio of replies typed out to replies actually posted is about 15 to 1.

I am very insecure about any opinion I might have, and spend lots of time trying to look up cites to back up my opinion. Usually this results in the thread having moved long past what I wanted to say. I am not at all eloquent, and I get flustered easily, so I figure it's best for me not to post too much in issue threads. I read them though.

I try very hard not to snark.

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's not enough room to list my sins here.

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm taking the 5th...

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm guilty of looking at profile information to 'frame' a posters opinions better. I should be able to take what ever someone says as written, but I feel that knowing their demographics helps me to better interpret what they say.

I also go through periods where I will outright refuse to respond to a particular poster as I don't feel we are able to have a real discussion. I should note, I am not in one of thoes periods with anyone right now.

Beach...I too sometimes type out responses and then delete them...Life!

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I spoiled an episode of Survivor for Beachlife when I was fairly new (I still feel guilty about that one [Embarrassed] ), because I didn't yet know about the "active topics" page. I'm not a terribly prolific poster in more serious threads mainly because I'm insecure and feel that I'm less intelligent than most snopesters. In general, I just don't feel that I contribute all that much, I'm more of a lurker and I wouldn't consider myself a poster who actually makes this place "what it is". I don't know if I'd consider myself a bad or a good snopester, I'm just sort of... there in the wings. A red shirt poster who miraculously doesn't die perhaps? [Wink]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah Syllavus, that's all water under the bridge now. I'm sorry that I got upset about it. Now, it seems very petty of me since I've learned that the knowing the outcome doesn't really change my enjoyment of the show.

Sorry, sorrry, sorry.

Beach...you've always been a good snopster in my books...Life!

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a mix of good and bad. I make an effort to not be snarky, but I have a tendancy for sarcasm which is dangerous both in posting and real life. I do try to keep an open mind and not take opposing viewpoints personally, but I am human and vulnerable and do so sometimes. [Embarrassed]

My posts are not always as coherent and grammatically correct as I would like. I have to edit often.

I have to admit that sometimes the discussions go over my head.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 500 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
95% of the time, I read all posts before replying. Which often means that the topic has moved on, been hijacked, or my opinion/position has already been made.

I tend to stay away from the more serious discussions because...

I sometimes take offense at replies to my posts, which then leads me to type a scathing reply. Fortunately, since I tend to type lots of replies and not post them, very few have actually been posted.

However, I do love to see someone quoting my posts. [Big Grin]
Makes me feel like my opinions do matter.

I always preview my posts before adding so that I can see how they read and fix any glaring errors.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sort of a non-entity. I don't post in Soapbox too much, my views are a little more right leaning than some, and I don't debate why Ifeel something. Feeling can't always be explained.

When I do make a point, it tends to get overlooked, then made a page or more later by one of the "cool kids" and raved about. Eh, such is life.

I'm a bad Snopester in that there are people who I don't take seriously, and roll my eyes when I see them making a thread or posting a question that seems utterly inane. I still read their stuff, but they don't get the consideration that some other posters get.

I'm a good Snopester in that I've yet to post "grow up", "and? why would we care" or any of the other things that pop into my head when reading some things. All in the spirit of being civil to one another. Luckily the preview post button works, too bad I don't have one for IRL.

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLife:
Ah Syllavus, that's all water under the bridge now. I'm sorry that I got upset about it. Now, it seems very petty of me since I've learned that the knowing the outcome doesn't really change my enjoyment of the show.

Sorry, sorrry, sorry.

Beach...you've always been a good snopster in my books...Life!

No worries Beachlife, I'd have been cranky too if someone had spoiled a show for me, and it taught me a good lesson about spoiler space, and it made me discover the active topics page. How did I ever live without it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Syllavus:
I'm not a terribly prolific poster in more serious threads mainly because I'm insecure and feel that I'm less intelligent than most snopesters.

I would bet that most snopesters feel less intelligent that most snopesters on a regular basis.

Gen "ULMB: Where every member is above average" Yus

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm "okay". I don't post a lot of useful stuff, but I'm slightly entertaining.

quote:
Originally posted by Cestrian:
What is the qualifying number of posts required to be a "snopster"? I often feel that I am intruding on private conversations/arguments between posters who number their posts in the hundreds and thousands.

Definitely don't judge my post count. I'd say at least 85% of my posts are of the non-informative/unimportant ones. And, I'm another one who will type up a reply and then not click "add reply". Imagine how high that number would be if I replied every time.

Frog-I do have a life, just not much of one-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
Maybe I should turn it round to say that anytime I see someone has quoted something I've said I have a mini SQUEE moment inside. Is that kind of pathetic?

Yes. Yes it is. [Wink]

I go for the cheap laugh too often. Smartass.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
Maybe I should turn it round to say that anytime I see someone has quoted something I've said I have a mini SQUEE moment inside. Is that kind of pathetic?

Yes. Yes it is. [Wink]

I go for the cheap laugh too often. Smartass.

Four Kitties

[lol] Well, I'll still take my SQUEE moment here - I got quoted by Four Kitties! [Big Grin]

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I try to be a good snopester. I occasionally post in serious topics, but I'm more comfortable in the Fun House threads. Yes, at least 95% of my posts are frivolous, and that's just the way it is. I do try to have a cite for points I'm trying to make, and I almost always read entire threads before posting to them (the ones where we post quiz results or animated pictures of ourselves are usually the only exceptions). And like others, I feel that my posts often get overlooked. The funny thing about that is that most of the posters who've said that are ones that I do notice.

Spelling problems bug me, but I try to "hear" what the poster is saying and not let the spelling prejudice me. It doesn't always work, but I try very hard not to be too pedantic. I absolutely love threads where we can say what bugs us (probably because of my pedantic tendencies), but then I worry that I'm doing things that bother other people.

I don't give hugs and sympathy to deserving snopesters as often as I think I should, and then feel guilty that I didn't say anything. I do respond more often to people I've met IRL, but sometimes I just feel uncomfortable saying anything, especially in the death/serious illness of loved ones threads.

I try not to be mean to people, even if I'm sitting at my computer rolling my eyes at their post. Seriously, the one time I was having a bad day and got really snarky, I got called on it by snopes! Man, I felt really bad, then. Now I'm afraid to say anything that might be remotely considered to be out of line. I guess it's a good thing, although it has perhaps made me a little more reluctant to post at all (not that I really need to post more than I do, anyway). This mirrors my real life, strangely enough, where the occasional outburst gets me all sorts of dressing down from friends who evidently are so shocked when I'm just not my normal laid-back self that they don't allow me any temper at all.

Even if it doesn't make me "good", I guess I'm at least not a "bad" snopester. That's something, anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I often come to topics late, and then post something which either repeats what has already been discussed, or is just of little interest. Similarly I rarely check back on topics with enough regularity to hold serious debate. (Most my usage of the site is confined to evenings, not spread throughout the delay)

Many posts are aborted, especially those where I may actually sat something interesting. Oddly enough one post where I did get a bit touchy, and would certainly anger a few snopesters, went mysteriously missing and never made it to the board. I can guarentee it will arrise again at the most inoptune moment.

I had numerous drink brought for me at my first UK snopesmeet, and still haven't returned the favour.

Good:
I rarely loose my temper, and any insults are aimed at my screen, rather than the poster. I will almost always read a whole thread before posting.

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Syllavus:
...I wouldn't consider myself a poster who actually makes this place "what it is".

That's an interesting concept right there, the snopesters who, for you, define the place or make it "what it is." I have a feeling that definition is highly subjective. I, for one, realised when typing this that I largely define snopes by what it was when I first arrived. Thus, those snopesters who were popular posters back when I first got here are the ones who "define" snopes for me, and make it what I think it is. Thus, would snopes be snopes to me if it was missing Silas? 4Kitties? FirstofTwo? Wintermute? Pogue? And many more? I have to say, I doubt it.

Those snopesters who have come since that time are strangely missing from my definition of what snopes is. I think that subconsciously I regard them as "transitory newbies" who probably won't be around for long, so it's not worth getting to know them. This is probably not a good thing.

The weirdest thing is when a really ancient thread, like from say 2001, gets resurrected and you skim through it seeing all these snopesters now deregistered but who were quite prolific back at that time. That's always kinda an eerie feeling, as if you've fallen into some alternate dimension of reality where everything has gone to pot.

Incidently, Syllavus, since you were here when I got here, you too are one of those "make this place what it is" snopesters for me.

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You've only got six months on me, you reprobate. Quit pulling rank!

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I behave pretty well, but that doesn't stop me from occasionally wishing I could reach through the computer and stab someone in the neck.

That happens more often on the Warcraft boards than here, though.

[Razz]

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cestrian:
What is the qualifying number of posts required to be a "snopster"? I often feel that I am intruding on private conversations/arguments between posters who number their posts in the hundreds and thousands.

Just backing up what others said: One post. That's one of the reasons I think "My X000th post!" threads should be discouraged. They give the false impression that having a high post count really means something, or at least means more than the quality of the posts. It's not how often you open your mouth, but what you say when you do that really counts.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a tendency to be a horrific person without meaning to. (Hence the dub that resides behind my username, courtesy of Signora, which she applied to me with all love, but all seriousness.)

I forget that posters have emotions, and that I can actually hurt someone's feelings or anger them with what is said on a board.

I have a tendency to be picky and pendantic, and I don't spell-check.

On the other hand, I've provided some fodder for sigs.....

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a bad snopester because I started a "1000th post" thread.

[Embarrassed]

Like NeeCD, I also feel like I don't give enough sympathy, vibes, or whatnot, and for similar reasons.

On the plus side, I tend to have a thick skin and don't usually take umbrage at others' posts (even if umbrage might have been offered).

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't really know if I'm a good Snopester or a bad Snopester. (I keep hearing Billie Burke's voice when I read the thread topic!)

I try to respect others' views, but I know I often post silly responses. Reading this thread has been good for me because I see some of my thoughts echoed here, which makes me realize that maybe, just maybe, I'm not so bad.

What I'm most afraid of (here, at least) is that I've become one of those posters who makes other people roll their eyes and skip over what I've written. I need to remember that it happens from time to time. I've even seen a 4Kittie's post ignored. Now, if she can be ignored, I certainly shouldn't take it personally if I am. I guess I kind of see myself as a little yippy dog, gnawing at ankles and just being annoying. Maybe I'm just kind of a fringe element; I dunno.

I also tend to shy away from some of the deeper topics because I don't write that well, and don't debate well. I'll read the articles in the OP when I can, but since I post from work I can't always. But I read a lot more threads than I post to.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle

Icon 604 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a bad Snopester because I can't debate therefore I don't contribute to the threads that aren't fluff.

I'm a good Snopester because I get along well with others, I'm a team player and, I am always on time.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
~~~guru whispers~~ I see pirates. They are everywhere....

OK. So I have a pirate fetish. Nothing wrong with that, right?

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In my imaginings, I'm the perfect snopester. But then I get flattened by the sumo wrestlers, so I know that's not the case.

Honestly, I think I ask too many questions that seem..well..stupid. Obvious things; things I should know already.

I get a little snarky sometimes. I'm just plain weird other times.

Is there a category for neutral snopesters?

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by christmas tree kitapper:
I sometimes write sentences or thoughts that make perfect sense to me but not, unfortunately, to the rest of you. But then I have this tendency when speaking, too.

Same here, on both counts. I tend to be rather random in when and how I comment on things which I'm sure can be frustrating to others. I also have a bad tendency to poke at people in discussions if they seem overbearing to me.

In short I don't think I'm a very good snopester, but I apparently haven't been bad enough to irritate too many people.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to not post often; I'm another of the "delete before I post" people. I don't articulate my thoughts well. I tend to post fluffy bunny stuff. I don't debate well.

However, I think this is an intelligent group and by listening to them, I'm becoming more intelligent and aware of the world around me.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages