snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » We've got a new kitty!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We've got a new kitty!
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
chillas and I had been talking about adopting a new cat for awhile. Well, Saturday we took the BeanSprout to PetsMart, just for a looksee. We came across this guy. Meet Max! chillas fell in love immediatly. [Wink] So we decided to bring him home. And he already fits right in with our goofy little family. He and Twitch are already playing with each other. Smokey, however, hisses at him, but he gives it right back to her. I think they'll all be alright in the end.

He was adopted from one of the local no kill shelters. He had been rescued from a kill shelter at about 6 weeks old, and was put into a foster home. He's not 5 months old, and has the same birthday as our other cats! It must be ment to be. [Smile]

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh. I love the immense dignity cats carry themselves with in photos - Max apparently has this in spades. Have fun with your new kitty!

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
KITTY!

Actually I think he might be a Kitler!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He is very much a Kitler!! [Smile]

What a cutie-pie and congrats!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pikey Queen:

Actually I think he might be a Kitler!

[lol]

I did suggest calling him Adolf, but Lizzy wasn't going for it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You can just tell people you named him after Harpo Marx, his birth name was Adolph. [Wink]

Cute kitty! Congrats to everyone!

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The second pic I took this morning with my camera phone.

Max was following me around as I was getting ready for work. I left the bathroom with him sitting on the toilet seat, where he's been intently studying me brush my teeth. Came back a minute later to find him curled up in the sink like that, looking at me as if to say, "what?"

What is it with cats and sinks? [Smile]

As Lizzy mentioned, he and Twitch are already playing. At some point last night I woke up to Twitch caterwalling about something. I told him to be quiet and go play with his brother. He got quiet and a minute later I heard two sets of paws thundering back and forth between the living room and the bedroom.

Silly kittys!

--------------------

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Kitlers. There is just something so funny about them not even knowing they have the mustache. Congrats on the new kitty!

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cats like sinks because they are sink-shaped - especially the back half.

Enjoy your little smudge-nose!

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Max is cuuuute!

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Max thinks my leg is good for climbing.

--------------------

landmammal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landmammal   E-mail landmammal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What a coup! A Kitler who's ready for catsinsinks.com!

--------------------
I can't put my arms down!

Posts: 273 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 503 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Max also has a fascination with the guinea pig.

Just for the heck of it, I submitted his picture to the Kitler site and to catsinsinks.com. We'll see if anyone picks him.

--------------------
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Green Kangaroo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Kangaroo   E-mail Green Kangaroo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aww... He is adorable!! Congratulations.

Now, if you don't mind, could you please email my husband and tell him how much fun a new kitty is -- I want a new cat now but he thinks we should wait.

--------------------
I don't know if I'd survive without a friend like you in my life. Brett Dennen

Posts: 637 | From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lizzy and chillas -- Max is adorable!

I wish I could have pets right now; guess I'll just have to keep getting my pet fix virtually. Thanks for the pics!

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 603 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Green Kangaroo:
Now, if you don't mind, could you please email my husband and tell him how much fun a new kitty is -- I want a new cat now but he thinks we should wait.

Sure, we can do that! A new kitty is always a welcome addition to the house. How many do you have already? Cats are like potato chips...there's always room for one more. [Wink]

--------------------

Green Kangaroo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Kangaroo   E-mail Green Kangaroo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh-heh. I have three cats, 2 dogs, and 4 birds. I really want one more cat -- Just one. (I've been told that it makes me a "crazy cat lady" but I think that is load -- I just love animals [Wink] )

--------------------

Posts: 637 | From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awwwww, what a handsome lil' guy!

how come no one has done the obligitory KITTYKITTYKITTYKITTY yet?

KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Amethyst "kitty!!" Dragon

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst Dragon:
has done the obligitory KITTYKITTYKITTYKITTY yet?

Well, usually I'm the one doing that, and I've already done it in person...

--------------------

LizzyJingleBells

Icon 603 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Heh-heh. I have three cats, 2 dogs, and 4 birds. I really want one more cat -- Just one. (I've been told that it makes me a "crazy cat lady" but I think that is load -- I just love animals [Wink] )

Well obviously you need to keep things an even number, so of course you need a fourth cat! Tell your husband the snopes people said so. [Wink]

--------------------

ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 503 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

You don't become a crazy cat lady until your felines number twenty-two. You also have to live alone (meaning no other humans).

Oh, and KittyKittyKittyKittyKittyKittyKittyKitty!

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Green Kangaroo
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by ToadMagnet:
quote:

You don't become a crazy cat lady until your felines number twenty-two. You also have to live alone (meaning no other humans).

Oh, and KittyKittyKittyKittyKittyKittyKittyKitty!

Twenty-two? That is the best news ever!! That means I can get almost 20 more... You can never have too many kitties. Never.

--------------------

chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Lizzy and I have had discussions about crazy cat people. Is living alone really a requirement? Isn't it possible for two people to become a crazy cat couple?

Because if that's allowed, then that's what we're planning.

Max got kicked out the bedroom last night. He's taken to attacking feet under the covers, which is in itself not that unusual. The probelm is he's using his claws, and the duvet was handmade by my sister. *sigh* [Smile]

--------------------

Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyJingleBells:
Max also has a fascination with the guinea pig.

My neighbor once brought their pet rats and their pet guinea pigs over for us to pet-sit. The cats didn't even look up when they brought the rats in, but they were very, very interested in the guinea pigs. A little too interested for my comfort, frankly -- I was glad we could put the rats and pigs in the spare room and shut the door.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cat liked the guinea pig too, but more in a motherly way. She would lick his fur like he was a kitten getting a bath from mama. Of course, this made him nervous, which caused massive shedding, so she would get massive amounts of fur with every lick, with the requisite face-making and attempts to get the fur off her tongue. It was quite comical.

Max is a cutie!

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww, kitty!

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ToadMagnet:
quote:

Oh, that's a relief. There are only 7 cats here, and I'm not always alone with them. [Smile]

Max is quite a cutie too.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chillas:
Max got kicked out the bedroom last night. He's taken to attacking feet under the covers, which is in itself not that unusual. The probelm is he's using his claws, and the duvet was handmade by my sister. *sigh* [Smile]

"I'm in ur duvet, killin' ur feet."
Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages