snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Happy December Birthdays! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy December Birthdays!
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Card:

A question for the rest of you Decembers... how often do you feel that you are being overshadowed by the holidays? I personally have never minded, because this time of year is typically when the stores have major ads and sales; it is also the best season for video games.

Really, my only regret is never being able to have a pool party.

It used to bother me a great deal when I was younger. I once told my family that my birthday is officially moved to July, being that there were no family members with birthdays in that month. Now, nothing about my birthday (I've had so many) seems worthy of a rant.

A long time ago, I admitted to being awful at accepting gifts and very good at shopping for myself. Lo and behold, December gives me two excuses and a boatload of sales to rationalize self-indulgence. Although a pool pool party would be nice, shopping in the winter is way more fun.

Oh, my trunk gets a 47th ring this Saturday.

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 218 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be 26 on the 26th. Which is kind of disturbing, numerically, if I was a conspiracy nut.

Da's birthday was on the 2nd. He would've been 62. (Also disturbing, if you're a conspiracy nut, as that's my age reversed. For complete conspiracy insanity, Da's father died on Da's birthday years back.)

-Trish "Keep watching the skies!!!" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 101 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I must correct myself- I'll be 36 on the 26th. (This is what happens when you get old. And have to take special math classes and summer school for math. Twice.)

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The bad thing for me as an adult about having a birthday in December is that most of my family has birthdays in December and January as well. So, I'm trying to get Christmas and birthday gifts for everyone, (I refuse to do the combo xmas/birthday gift thing to another) and I also have to find time and money for my emissions inspection and car tag!

I finally had my truck's emissions inspection Friday and passed, but like an idiot left my paper on the desk at the auto shop. Arrrrrgh!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My birthday is tomorrow (the 18th). My in-laws will still be here, so hopefully it will be a tolerable birthday.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I've survived another birthday. It wasn't much of one. I got a migraine in the morning and spent the evening chopping red onions for the cucumber salad for tomorrow's library Christmas luncheon. The whole house reeks of onion and I'm still crying.

A coworker pointed out I've only got one year of being in my 30's left. Gee, thanks! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HelloLlama
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloLlama     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone who thinks they have a lot going on in December doesn't know my family!

Sister's birthday is the 9th.
Parent's anniversary is the 13th.
Good friend's birthday is the 14th.
Step-MIL's birthday is the 23rd.
Then we hit Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Hubby's cousin's birthday is the 26th.
Hubby's grandma's birthday is the 27th.
My birthday and Hubby's step-grandma's birthdays are the 28th.
My Son's birthday is the 29th.
My Grandma's birthday is the 30th.
My (late) grandma's birthday was the 31th.
Then we hit New Year's Day.
My SIL and my niece were both born in early January.

I lose track every year.

Posts: 498 | From: Ypsilanti, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a prety good birthday. DW facillitated the interior decorating in the private den/hangout she gave me earlier this year. She picked out a plasma HD TV, a futon sofa/bed, a 9' brass pole and a few sets of size-8 stiletto pumps. Just in case y'all are wondering, my foot is a size 13D.

Oh, and there are Lava Lamps too! :D

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages