snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Things you love for no reason (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things you love for no reason
Archie2K
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Archie2K   Author's Homepage   E-mail Archie2K   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The antidote to rantidote. Commence random adoration here.

Match of the Day on Sunday mornings. What a brilliant idea. No-one watches TV on sunday morning anyway, so put a re-run of Match of the Day on. Allows me to actually follow Reading this season. I usually fall asleep infront of the Saturday evening broadcast.

Posts: 1985 | From: Reading, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KatrinaDuck
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatrinaDuck   E-mail KatrinaDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Christmas teas... Gingersnappish, Eggnogg'n, Nutcracker Sweet. I look forward to their coming onto the shelves like I look for the appearance of Cadbury Eggs at Easter.

I love the color of Kraft mac n cheese. If flowers grew to look like mac n cheese, I'd plant them all around my house.

I love coloring with crayons. I carry a box in my purse, so I can scribble on placemats at diners.

I love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. They're awesome.

I'm iffy about the fact that everything that I love is in someway related to food.

--------------------
It is, after all, the dab of grit that seeps into an oyster's shell that makes the pearl, not pearl-making seminars with other oysters. -Stephen King

Posts: 481 | From: North Brunswick, NJ | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 04 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Skinny Cows rule! Especially the peanut butter chocolate and the mint sandwiches.

I love rainbow sprinkles - they make me happy to see them, and I love their texture within ice cream.

I love the Iggy Pop with the Teddybears song, Punkrocker - it makes me laugh.

ET fix dorky wording.

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Christmas lights at all the major intersections downtown along Yonge Street and at city hall.

So pretty

Oh, yay!

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like ducks, for some stange reason.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nick I've always wanted a white duck myself! I've never had a duck, let a lone really spent a lot of time with them necessarily, but I really like those white ducks [Smile]

And now I really like the word duck since I've typed it 500 times in this post [Big Grin]

...duck duck duck...

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I add ducks too? I loooove ducks - they're so darn cute no matter what they do!

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hum with all this duck love floating around, you'd think I'd have more friends than I do. Is it the venoumous fangs or the Master of the Truly Evil® or the Heartless Bitch® thing that scares people off?

~The fangs are mostly for show~

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bufungla
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 18 posted      Profile for bufungla   Author's Homepage   E-mail bufungla   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mama Duck:
Hum with all this duck love floating around, you'd think I'd have more friends than I do. Is it the venoumous fangs or the Master of the Truly Evil® or the Heartless Bitch® thing that scares people off?

Sorry, I don't even think they're working in that respect:

-

--------------------
"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra

Posts: 4847 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mama Duck:

Maybe the moderately big husband and the two kids who plot for world domination have something to do? [Wink]

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love the Niagara Mohawk building. Thanks to Mapleleaf's pretty pictures for reminding me. There a long, skinny rectangular lights around the top of the building that are lit according to the season or the holiday. I just love looking at that building.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Vargas Sanchez:
Maybe the moderately big husband and the two kids who plot for world domination have something to do? [Wink]

Jaime

Only one is actively plotting. The other one is minion for hire.

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 04 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love little frogs!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 04 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For frogpond, Kermit, Fern and Hammy. [Big Grin]

I want to also add that I love little containers, like those plastic bubbles that vending machine trinkets come in. I don't know why, I just think they're neat!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by underwater paisley:
For frogpond, Kermit, Fern and Hammy. [Big Grin]

[Smile] Cute!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Crackrzz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crackrzz   Author's Homepage   E-mail Crackrzz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Barbies... houses, furniture, cars, anything that can fit in Barbie's (or an 11 1/2 inch doll's) world.

I love almost anything miniature... maybe related to above... dollhouses too.

I love kid sized stuff, kitchens, playsets, etc.

I love Sesame Street.

I love cats. I love babies.

Not sure if all of these are for no reason.

--------------------
Stand up, slip on the bathtub floor, fling a hand up to balance yourself, and happen to have your mouth open on the downswing. Voila, a new hole in your face.

-Tabby, on how she cut her lip while shaving her legs.

Posts: 5097 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love cake batter ice cream

I love watching dogs play

I love my very comfy queen-sized bed

I love gold cupcakes, especially if they have chocolate frosting (yummy)

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this one fits the OP's criteria.

With no talent, and little understanding of it, I love math. I love math geeks, and their obscure math humor.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Theodorakis:
I like ducks, for some stange reason.

Nick

I see your ducks, and raise you...
platypi! Like a duck and a beaver all in one!

I like food shaped magnets and toys; I have a friction driven sushi of which I am quite found.

I like Pez dispensers, especially odd ones.

I like socks with animals on them. (And I suppose animals with socks on them, as well.)

I like words that hardly anyone ever uses.

I like the tiny marshmallows in hot chocolate packets.

I like art supplies, including silly ones like glitter glue that I never have an excuse to use.

I like miniture versions of things.

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Smiley faces.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love driving. I especially love driving in my big ol' truck.

I love snow even though I can't go sledding or skiing anymore.

I love wearing jackets or even fleece hoodies. I just love it- no idea why. If I could wear my Levi's denim jacket every day, I'd be happy.

I love boots. Hiking boots, work boots, Doc Marten's, cowboy boots, high-heeled trashy/sexy boots. I'd rather be in any kind of boots than sneakers or sandals.

I love dogs. Big, small, medium. Yappy, woofy, growly, whiny. All dogs. Wolves too.

Frogs. Snakes. Lizards. Birds. One of my favorite things about Australia was the birds.

I love Australia. [Big Grin] And, all things Australian (I have since high school).

I love Queen, Bowling for Soup, and guitar solos.

I could go on, but that's a good start. [Smile]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Miniatures.

Custom My Little Ponies.

Craft stores.

Shego.

Badgers.

Peanut butter and jelly.

Peanut butter and chocolate.

Hazelnut and chocolate.

Stuffed animals.

Really expensive yarn.

Jonathan Coulton songs.

Katamari Damacy.

Cute nerdy characters (especially ones named Zack, apparently).

Cary Grant.

Tea.

Being inside on a rainy day.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Diet Pepsi.

Fuzzy slippers.

Walruses

Elephants

Bears

The Winter Solstice collection from Windham Hill

Icecicles

Blue holiday lights

Leggos

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Gilbert and Sullivan (not Gilbert O'Sullivan).

I love the smell of a crisp winter's day.

I love Oktoberfest style beer.

I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee. For that matter, I love donuts.

I too love things in miniature.

I love meerkats, and yet I'm not big into nature.

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love pens. Not necessarily nice ink pens, but pens that are at least above average.

I also like little notebooks.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, pens! Forgot about pens. Hell, I even gave my favorite one a name!

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love quiet parts of libraries hardly anyone goes into, and books rarely touched. I love old newspapers and magazines, especially the ads (Listerine will save you from a lifetime of misery and loneliness, Wrigley's will prevent wrinkles, and you can use Swan to clean [i]anything[i]--Swan the baby! Swan the dishes! Swan the clothes! It's SWANDERFUL!).

I love the teeny tiny wooden angels on my teeny tiny Christmas tree, all doing such atypically angelic things as snowboarding and playing the cymbals.

I love hot teas of all kinds, days with any sort of precipitation, and grading term papers.

I love roller ball pens, construction paper, and clear glossy tape.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cephalopods

Cold little kitty foot pads

Telegraph Hill

Appliances made in the 30s-early 60s

Typewriters

Wheat Thins

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thordis
Deck the Malls

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Thordis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The smell of damp earth.

Anything with dragonflies on.

Stuff that reminds me of Canada (thanks for the pics Mapleleaf!)

--------------------
Daria: "I almost killed a dog today"
Jane: "Gonna work your way up to humans slowly?"

Posts: 385 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kit_n_caboodle
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kit_n_caboodle   E-mail kit_n_caboodle   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Naps on a warm summer afternoon

My cats' warm, soft furry armpits

Mechanical pencils

Big fluffy snowflakes falling out of the night sky

The stars on a clear night

--------------------
Peter: Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says "OOOOOO".
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Posts: 53 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simply Madeline
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simply Madeline     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in on the miniatures. I frequent the Thorne Miniature Rooms at the Art Institute. I like miniature food, too. I love appetizers that are miniature burgers, empanadas, tacos or eggrolls (or mini anything, really).

Things I also love:

Sight gags based on obviously photoshopped pictures
Penguins
Formal dining rooms
Advent Calendars

Posts: 763 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hot pizza. Like "take a layer off the roof of your mouth" hot.

SweetTarts.

Movie-theater popcorn.

Roleplaying books.

Little toys, like Gashapon. (I sit here and take them apart and put them together while I'm on the computer.)

Old cartoons.

The ruff of fur around my dog's neck.

Crayons and colored pencils. This is really why I wanted to be an elementary school teacher. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like big butts and I can not lie... [fish]

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ooooh! Office supplies. I love office supplies.

And Remark owes me a new keyboard.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love a bedroom cold enough to get all chilled as I am getting ready for bed, but only if there is a pile of warm quilts under which to snuggle.

*That* is heaven to me.

Oh, and office supplies, particularly Pilot's G2 0.5 mm black gel pen. And small bulldog clips. But never paperclips, unless they are the vinyl-covered ones. Not that I have given it much thought.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages