snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » December Initiation Thread - Welcome to the ULMB (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: December Initiation Thread - Welcome to the ULMB
switzy227
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for switzy227   E-mail switzy227   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As I recall, someone demanded that newbies introduce themselves by answering the following questions... [Roll Eyes]

So I suppose it's now or never.

1. Have you ever been involved in an urban legend situation?

Actually, no, but a friend of mine's girlfriend was once involved in an intimate situation with a frankfurter in her dorm room when she heard her oh-so-friendly roommate enter the room. Having gone quiet, she fooled the roommate into thinking she was asleep, and therefore the roommate politely got what she needed without the use of the lights. When the door closed, the girl resumed her session only to suffer from an unfortunate breakage event. She immediately jumped up and turned on the light only to find a creepy clown statue perched near the doorway. Before dying of shock, the poor girl was able to compose a rather touching piece warning of the dangers of masturbation vis-a-vis one's future opportunities for reunion with deities and creators of all types. Unfortunately, the missive was misplaced in the roommate's rather callous rush to empty out the other side of ther room so that she could hold more parties, the first of which came after she found out that she would, per university policy, receive automatic A's for the semester.

2. How many licks does it take to get to the center of the ULMB?

It turns out that licking snopesters is not recommended. Often, such activities are followed swiftly by abdominal pains.

3a. Can you contribute meaningfully to philosophical debates over life-affirming or moral issues?

Yes! Now with plagiarism!

3b. Can you contribute meaningfully to philosophical debates over glurge?

Yes! Vomit-free!

Okay, this has gone on long enough. I am happy to be a part of the community insofar as this post makes me feel so. If you have actual tasks, I will tackle them, but I am a newcomer to message boarding generally, so please maintain the proper distance.

switzy"I think the roommate's name was Jackee"227

--------------------
I'm thinking of a major Jane Street sunrise / The goddess on the fire escape was you -- Steely Dan

Posts: 3 | From: Kansas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey guys, I noticed that the jello shots were still evolving, so I just stopped in to see if anyone could use some outdated yogurt in here. Live culture included - and trust me, they've been hanging around in my fridge long enough to have developed personalities.

I have Lime, Lemon and something that used to be Orange Creme. Have fun, kids!

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
switzy227, you need to do the tasks listed on Page 1 of this thread. Hurry up 'cause the Georgian dancing girls' hair won't braid itself.

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Itsy Bitsy Spider

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itsy Bitsy Spider   E-mail Itsy Bitsy Spider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Find the ugliest Christmas-or Hanukkah-related costume and wear it to the initiation.
Make me out of clay
2. Watch a nuclear war film of your choice.
Who's bringing the popcorn
3. You have two options here. Either:

a. Braid a Georgian dancing lady's hair - two plaits, one on each side.

or

b. Polish a Georgian dancing guy's boots and dagger. (No, I don't mean this in a NFBSK manner!)

4. Go to YouTube and find a video of Georgian dancers.

5. Strip down below the belt, put on a pair of edible undies (optional), smear peanut butter, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and Christmas candy all over your NFBSK, and call upon Nina, our resident Lickitung.

6. Find a D&D miniature you like and give it a repaint job.

Posts: 13 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Itsy Bitsy Spider

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itsy Bitsy Spider   E-mail Itsy Bitsy Spider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mumbles something about premature replination....
3. You have two options here. Either:

a. Braid a Georgian dancing lady's hair - two plaits, one on each side.

or

b. Polish a Georgian dancing guy's boots and dagger. (No, I don't mean this in a NFBSK manner!)
Hold me closer braided dancer
Cirque de Soleil just reeks of class
5. Strip down below the belt, put on a pair of edible undies (optional), smear peanut butter, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and Christmas candy all over your NFBSK, and call upon Nina, our resident Lickitung.
Why stop at panties?
I threw all of mine away when then started talking to me...sassy little sobs.....

Posts: 13 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm expecting a multicoloured, multi-sized font proposition. C'mon, make my knees weak [Wink]

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Itsy Bitsy Spider

FROM

Wait...Preposition or proposition??

Signora Del Drago

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Itsy Bitsy Spider:
FROM

Good one! 50 points

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Itsy Bitsy Spider:
FROM

Right on! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buckleupp
Away in a Manager

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckleupp   E-mail Buckleupp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi everyone, I'm still sort of new. I have a few questions...please don't think me stoopid. [Smile]

1. Why do people make a note “edit” or “ETA” when they edit a post? Is that a requirement, or just something nice that people do?

2. What’s a hijack?

3. Those puns underneath the menber icons – who makes them up? Is it okay to change them, or should I leave them alone? Are they different for different people depending on how many posts you’ve had, or how long you’ve been a member, or what?

--------------------
HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding that first Ha. -Stewie Griffin

Posts: 112 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

quote:
Originally posted by Buckleupp:
Hi everyone, I'm still sort of new. I have a few questions...please don't think me stoopid. [Smile]

1. Why do people make a note “edit” or “ETA” when they edit a post? Is that a requirement, or just something nice that people do?

It's a nice thing people do to let everyone know that the post has been edited. It's especially useful if you post something in response to someone else's post, and then they change their post accordingly. That way your post doesn't look dumb.

quote:
2. What’s a hijack?
When a thread is talking about something and someone posts something that may be vaguely connected to the thread topic, but veers off in a different direction. Sometimes people will mark these with a tongue-in-cheek [hijack] Blah blah blah [/hijack]

quote:
3. Those puns underneath the menber icons – who makes them up? Is it okay to change them, or should I leave them alone? Are they different for different people depending on how many posts you’ve had, or how long you’ve been a member, or what?
There are standard ones that differ depending on how many posts you have made. But if you go to edit your profile, you are welcome to change it, so long as your new pun fits the theme. For example, this month's theme is a Christmas song + something related to consumerism.

I hope that helps.

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

cageboy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cageboy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I'm reporting late. I'll go do pushups.
Posts: 10 | From: Billings, MT | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You're not too late, cageboy. You still have 6 days to go do the tasks listed on page 1. The Georgian dancers await!

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bashful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bashful   E-mail Bashful   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
I also brought the usual stuff: peacock feathers, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, Christmas candy, hot cocoa and marshmallows, nuclear war films, various trading card games (Pokemon, M:tG, Yu-Gi-Oh!), edible undies, whips, chains, and D&D Miniatures. Looks like we're all set!

Well, this sounds like a fun night in...

quote:
1. Find the ugliest Christmas-or Hanukkah-related costume and wear it to the initiation.
Would this count?

quote:
2. Watch a nuclear war film of your choice.
All 96 minutes?

quote:
3. b. Polish a Georgian dancing guy's boots and dagger. (No, I don't mean this in a NFBSK manner!)
That's not a dagger... this is a dagger.

quote:
This is George. The Wiggles rock.

quote:
Oh, Nina... Well, apparently it's PB & whipped cream.

quote:
Can I pwn this one? (I don't think I can speak geek).

quote:
That's all for now.
Except for...

Maple Tree, thou art young and cheesy-grin'ed. I art old and less so. Never-the-less, I offer this variegated font and this clever euphemism, sourced from Google: “Lost” of course was a very clever euphemism for “brown.”*

Now, did someone mention jello?

*quote from this site

--------------------
It Takes A Village To Raise An Idiot

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

quote:
Originally posted by Bashful:

Maple Tree, thou art young and cheesy-grin'ed. I art old and less so. Never-the-less, I offer this variegated font and this clever euphemism, sourced from Google: “Lost” of course was a very clever euphemism for “brown.”*

Now, did someone mention jello?

*quote from this site

It's no "verbing the adjective noun", but I accept your offer [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages