snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Yep, it's winter (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yep, it's winter
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bah. Seasons are overrated. [Cool]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stan The Man
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan The Man   E-mail Stan The Man   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Global warming, my ass.

--------------------
"A horse may be coaxed to drink, but a pencil must be lead" - Stan Laurel

Posts: 249 | From: Dallas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wednesday, it was almost 80 degrees. Yesterday, the high was only 34 & we must have hit that at midnight because around 3pm, it was 27 degrees!
We tend to not get snow here but more sleet that becomes a sheet of ice on the roads. The kids school let out at noon yesterday but we had school today.
I was laughing though because there was no soaps or anything on yesterday afternoon because it was 'special coverage of the winter weather'. I swear you'd think we'd received 3 feet of snow & it was 40below.
I'm hoping maybe we'll see snow at Christmas when we go to Oklahoma. Both kids would really like to see it.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The wind came through here last night and it was fierce. I usually don't sleep well Friday night anyway because I have to get up early for work on Saturday. But last night I really didn't sleep well because of the wind. Thank goodness for coffee!

Snow is predicted for today and tomorrow, but not to the extent that the Midwest got it.

And Canuck, I hope you punished your backpack for slapping you. Repeatedly. [Wink]

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
Bah. Seasons are overrated. [Cool]

We have seasons. They just have different markers. Spring is the pink and purple flower season. Summer is hot and green. Fall is the yellow and dark-purple flower season. Winter is just gray.

Who needs snow anyway? It seems very messy and dangerous.

It's cold here, by the way. It was in the 70's yesterday, and is now 40 degrees (F, y'all). They predicted all week long that the cold wouldn't reach us until Monday, but I knew from past experience, that it would be nearly freezing the tonight. You see, tonight is the Christmas parade. It's either rainy or cold, every year.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah! Could you believe that wind?! (I'm in Monroe County) NASTY! I'm afraid to see how many trees are down! Could I use any more exclamation points?!

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgaine La Raq Star:
I was laughing though because there was no soaps or anything on yesterday afternoon because it was 'special coverage of the winter weather'. I swear you'd think we'd received 3 feet of snow & it was 40below.

Man, if I had relied solely on news coverage, and not stepped outside myself, I would've thought that the apocalypse was upon us. It reminded me of living in Southern CA on a rainy day. Same kind of reaction.

In other news, I get to go up to Wausau, WI for Christmas. Just bought us long underwear yesterday. Not looking forward to the WI cold! Nope!! Not looking forward to it!

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages