snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Update on my mother (Updated a bit) (Again, with info from my sister) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Update on my mother (Updated a bit) (Again, with info from my sister)
Auntie Witch
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mom has been fighting headaches that she thought were migraines off and on for about a week or so (I'm not sure, because she didn't tell me about them). Today she had what sounds like a seizure. Stephanie took her to the ER, and they did a scan and found tumors on her brain.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, dear. As if she hadn't been through enough.

Your mom and all your family are definitely in my prayers.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear, AW. That's horrible news.

Hugs and vibes from this corner.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
(((((vibes))))) for your mother and (((((hugs))))) for your whole family [Frown]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh no. Your Mom and your family are in my thoughts.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We're thinking of you, AW. First class New England vibes headed your way!

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG... as if she hadn't been through enough. Lots of Missouri-bound vibes that it's something that can be easily treated. [Frown]

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, geeze, AW.

She's in my prayers.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry - sending vibes.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   E-mail Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww I'm sorry [Frown]

::vibes::

--------------------
The Wicked Witch of the West was FRAMED!

Posts: 201 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers and vibes and hugs on their way.

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AW, I'm sorry. I'll keep your family in my prayers.  -

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh no, AW. All the vibes I can send are headed her way and yours.
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Randa Roo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randa Roo   E-mail Randa Roo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Auntie Witch, that's terrible! I'm sending some local vibes in your direction. Please keep us posted. *hugs*

--------------------
'I'm the decider... I decide what's best.'

Posts: 403 | From: Branson, Missouri | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Vibes to you and your family.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Vibes to you and your family, sweetie. I'm holding out hope.

(((((AW)))))

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 105 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Caroline, I am so sorry! I will be keeping all of you in my prayers!

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Auntie Witch I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts are defintely with your mother, yourself and your family.

Pixiechic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Auntie, I'll be thinking of your mom and of all your family. I'm so sorry.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry, AW. My heart goes out to your mom, you, and your family.

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Caroline, Hugs and prayers to your mom and all the family. I am so sorry that this is happening after all she has been through.

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sending vibes to you and your family.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HelloLlama
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloLlama     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry. I was afraid it would be something like this when I saw the thread and was hoping that I was wrong. I'll pray for all of you.
Posts: 498 | From: Ypsilanti, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Vibes coming to you and your mother AW. I know she just fought breast cancer and survived. This is a terrible blow. I'll keep her in my prayers.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*hugs, big ones*

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AW- your poor mom, she has been through so much already. Lots of healing vibes and prayers for your mom.

I am also sending wishes of some peace for you and your family, it has been such a rough time for all of you.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh AW so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you.
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Scout
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My thoughts are with you AW. So sorry to hear this.

Scout.

--------------------
"Abandon shop. This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!"

Posts: 661 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww, no fair! I wish I had words or ways that would make it better....

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*hugs* and vibes for your mother and for you and your family.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. An abundance of vibes are headed your way from the middle of the North Atlantic.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Many vibes, AW. Hugs to you and your family too.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh AW, I am so sorry. Hugs, vibes and a wide open PM box are all coming your way. You'll be in the family prayers.
Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DadOf3
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf3     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs, vibes, prayers, and best wishes to you and yours.
Posts: 539 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry, AW. *hugs* You and your mom are in my thoughts. I wish you both the best.

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages