snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Weird dreams. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Weird dreams.
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A little over a month ago I started hormone therapy for a nasty girly ailment, and ever since I've been having the weirdest of all possible dreams. I've already mentioned the one about Canuckistan and the saggy fluorescent light tubes on a couple of other threads...

Well, last night's dream didn't have any snopesters in it. What it did have was a talking, flying coelacanth.

Anybody else been having insanely bizarre dreams lately?

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had ridiculous dreams my whole life. I didn't realize that most people didn't dream like that until I realized that when my friends and I would talk about our dreams they would always say mine were "crazy!" Mine usually involve celebrities, or as I call them "special guest stars"

Last night I dreamed that my friend S and I were wearing Ghostbuster uniforms (though IRL we had talked about wearing them for Halloween before we realized we had nothing to do that night) and were for soem reason on the way to Axl Rose's house. Before we got there we stopped by the Kwik E Mart to buy a pill that, when dropped in a glass of water, would turn into a Cadillac Coup de Ville. There was more but I don't remember it.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DaGuyWitBluGlasses
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaGuyWitBluGlasses     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think wierd dreams would be a blessing,

Too many of my dreams are way too realistic, and since i wake up many times a night, remembering parts of many dreams, I have to spend a good chunk of time sorting out what are memories of dreams and what are memories of actual things that happened yesterday :S (a lot of my dreams invovle MSn convos or reading things on message boards)

Other than that, every couple of weeks or so i seem to have these epic dreams, sometimes for a whole hour (it seems), reminds me of RPGs without the fighting.

Posts: 201 | From: Toronto, ON | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My individual dreams aren't very weird, but I've started having ones with sequels. I'd dream about a completely made-up place with characters and a plot one night and a few weeks later a new dream picks up where the last one left off.

I've had three or four set on some floating city on the surface of Europa, about a detective and a big school called the Omniversity...

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
terralioness
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terralioness   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've definitely been having weird dreams lately.

The one that takes the cake requires a minimal amount of background. There are ads on the sides of buses in New York that promote good parenting practices. One of them has a terrified-looking infant and the words "Never Shake A Baby." The look on this baby's face makes me laugh even though the message is good.

Okay, so the dream... I dreamt that I was with some friends around a bed where another friend of ours had just died. The friend was an old man who had some disorder that left him about the size and shape of an infant. For some reason, I thought I would lighten the mood by lifting the man's corpse, shaking it around wildly, and going, "Hey guys! Never shake a baby!" and laughing. The dream ended with the horrified looks of everyone in the room.

I've always had weird dreams, but man.

--------------------
"I never liked Hemingway."
"I never liked you."

Posts: 543 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Okay, so the dream... I dreamt that I was with some friends around a bed where another friend of ours had just died. The friend was an old man who had some disorder that left him about the size and shape of an infant. For some reason, I thought I would lighten the mood by lifting the man's corpse, shaking it around wildly, and going, "Hey guys! Never shake a baby!" and laughing. The dream ended with the horrified looks of everyone in the room.
You should have started moving his jaw and speaking for him. That would have caused at least one of them to faint. [lol] (And BTW, your subconscience OMANK!)

Nonny: What was this dream about me?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm envious of all your weird dreams.

When I was little, I would dream up the wackiest stuff (for example, one of my most notable dreams had the following: The X-Men, John Lovitts, a purple dragon, killer robots and some talking sausages... it takes a good 10 minutes to tell it to someone). Everything I've dreamt about in the last 5 or so years though, has just been mundane. I miss my cool, imaginative subconcious. [Frown]

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have some of the strangest dreams

Such as: stalking Antonio Banderas (hid behind a curtain, under a car etc.) Going from city to city using a roller coaster. Haunted houses with real skeletons in the closet. Was killed in one dream and reincarnated as an elephant (jumped off a cliff as the elephant, so I died twice in that dream.) Died in a different dream and was reincarnated as a boy. An armageddon dream with the characters from the Stand. A dream with the characters from IT. Dreamt about buying Diablo 3 and the next Harry Potter book (even read part of the book, and played Diablo 3!) Boy was I disappointed when that dream ended!

I could go on and on...

Some snopes dreams: Dreamt I posted here, woke up, and couldn't find the thread. Did that one a couple of times. Also dreamt that I met a couple of people-I remember Silas and Nonny, especially.

Yeah, most of my dreams are strange-over half are nightmares, but I enjoy them! I even keep a dream journal, just so I remember them!

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm like candy, I have always had weird dreams. Lately I've been having dreams that should really be nightmares but they aren't. In one I ended up doing surgery on one of our cats, and while I ended up feeling awful about it the next morning when I woke up it was more because it was an odd snippet of the dream and I never went back to see how she was doing. Last night the dream should've been a night mare with all sorts of weird situations and creepy things happening but it never was.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
90% of the time, mine are violent hack and slash nightmares. These alternate back and forth between someone/something slicing/tearing me to bits, or me going on either violent killing sprees, or performing horrific feats of killing other people in self defense. 5% of the time they're plain creepy, 2% of the time they're psychological or childhood terrors, and only 3% of the time are they actually what I would call "good". And even on the "good" nights, I've had people tell me they don't want to dream what I dream. I write most of them down, if you ever want to read them. [Smile]

ETA: some stuff

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tommi
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommi   E-mail tommi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always had weird dreams. They often involve being chased. In another thread I posted my recent dream about being chased through a parking lot by a naked man with sticks for arms and legs. This dream was less weird than my usual ones, partly because it was short and easily resolved. I just gave him a shirt and he went away.

One of my most memorable dreams involved being chased through a huge peach-colored marble castle by Nazis, who were trying to catch me because Hitler wanted to meet me. A large portion of the dream was them chasing me up the stairs to Hitler's chambers, hiding in his chambers, then sneaking back down the stairs to be discovered and chased again and again and again. I finally managed to sneak out of the castle. A bunch of kids were waiting outside, trying to sell me some documents that they claimed were a passport and other things that would help me escape. I could speak their language but not read it, so I was questioning whether the documents were real or not when I woke up.

Then there were all the "baby in peril and I'm expected to save it but I don't know how" dreams I had as a teen...

Posts: 628 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Miles Invictus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Invictus   E-mail Miles Invictus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by terralioness:
The one that takes the cake requires a minimal amount of background. There are ads on the sides of buses in New York that promote good parenting practices. One of them has a terrified-looking infant and the words "Never Shake A Baby." The look on this baby's face makes me laugh even though the message is good.

Quick tangent -- are those the billboards from the Shaken Baby Task Force? I always see that name and envision a group of dedicated professionals...sneaking into people's homes to shake babies.

I don't dream all that much, or at least I don't remember most of my dreams.

My favorite dream, believe it or not, involved being trapped in an underground bunker with a darkness that, literally, consumed anything within it. It gave me an awesome idea for a short story or screenplay. Too bad I'm not very practiced at either.

A few of my dreams -- and half-dreams -- have involved music. I can distinctly remember three dreams where music played a significant part...one involved an offshoot of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack (that one involved an 8-bit battle between a master swordsman and a giant clad in Roman legionaire armor), the other an offshoot of the James Bond theme (that one was as I was falling asleep, so technically not a dream), and the third -- the one I can't remember even the slightest -- had entirely original music.

To be honest, though...I can't remember any of my more recent dreams -- I remember having them, but I don't remember anything that happened.

Posts: 236 | From: Iowa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
Nonny: What was this dream about me?

For some reason, I had to do some electrical work, and I'd asked you to help me because, you know, the best person to help out with electrical work is a journalist, right?

The electrical work in question involved these ridiculously long fluorescent light tubes that sagged in the middle when we tried to install them. Somehow, we managed to get them straightened out, but then they wouldn't work. As it turned out, the only way the tubes would light up is if they sagged in the middle.

There was also a bit about three miles of tangled electrical cable.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think I've ever had a dream that wasn't weird.

But some are worse than others. The one involving Klaus Nomi's vestigal tail was a pip.

Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a strange dream a few weeks ago. All I can remember know is that it was one of my many "back in school for some odd reason" dreams. As usual in these dreams, I seemed to have been missing a lot of my classes, to the point that I could remember what some of them were or where they were held. Unusually for these dreams, I was not at my high school, but University, not at the university that I actually attended but another one that probably doesn't exist. The really weird part is that Four Kitties was one of my instructors. I knew it was her because her current avatar was in the dream; I can't remember if it was on a paper or if the avatar was in fact teaching the class.

That's also my first snopes-related dream image.

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
evilrabbit, I have dreams where I'm back in high school, but not my old high school. Usually I'm late for class or have missed it entirely. Occasionally I will be in PJs. Not comfy cozy PJs, but "inappropriate for school" PJs.

I had a dream Tuesday that we got a new cat. It was an orange cat, fairly small with very short hair and it had an extra set of ears on its back. I was petting it in my family room when it JUMPED away from me. It jumped up and touched the 10 foot ceiling. Then it jumped again and grabbed onto the skylight in our family room.

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Last night I had a dream that was a bit weirder than usual (plus featured a snopester) so I thought I'd share.

I was walking around a vacation community when suddenly a monster lugned at me. At first I was afraid, then I noticed it was wearing really cute shoes, so I asked where they were from, and we had a discussion about them eventually trying each others shoes on.

It was then that I realized that I was late for work, yet I hadn't washed my face, which had a nighttime mask (like for pores or something, which I don't even use IRL) still on. I went anyway. Apparently my job was at some place that gave injections and made sandwiches. This was not at all weird in my dream. I did get a chance to wash off my face in the sink (that was right in front of the customers).

After that I got on the roof of my friend's Geo Metro so she could drive me someplace else I had to be. There were explosions everywhere and eventually she crashed into a pole but we were both alright and the car was not damaged. We were also not bothered in the least by the explosions or the accident.

I arrived at my destination, which appeared to be a photo shoot. Joe Bentley was there and the costume person handed him a dress (sorry Joe, I have no idea why). The woman next to him asked the costumer if she and Jow could switch dresses but she said no because the woman's dress wouldn't compliment Joe's coloring. I said I thought it would, but then my alarm went off and I woke up.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bumpity bump... I had a weird dream involving a snopester past night.

I was driving around with my daughter, trying to trade in my car for a lime-green Volkswagen Beetle. I got home, and for some reason my ex-husband and his infant son were there, and he was very angry because some thugs had broken in, said I owed them money, and roughed him up.

Just then a collections agent came in. She presented me with a bill of things I supposedly owed, but they were just random words with dollar amounts next to them. The third item down on the list was "The Boutros Boutros". "What?!" I said. The lady pounced on me "Ah, so you know what that's for?"

"Well, I know someone that has a dog named The Boutros, her name is ... um ... well, I don't actually know her name ... I just know her online..."

I ran to the computer to PM TGirl to find out why I was paying for her dog and how she even knew to bill me, but then I woke up and realized it was time to get up.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 96 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear snopes and Barbara,

I was saddened to hear that things took a turn for the worst with the baby clydesdale, sonpes. I was really hoping the change in diet would work for the little guy. You sounded so sick when you told me about it.

Thanks to you both for coming and visiting, even if it was only to spend the night. It was great seeing your little boy (girl?). Sorry about the temperature in the house being set so low. I suppose I should have done something when you two were wearing heavy winter clothing and parkas while I was running around bare foot and dressed for summer.

Barbara, I don't know why snopes didn't tell you about the clydesdale needing to be put down. The look on your face made it obvious he hadn't. I honestly thought you knew. I felt terrible for bringing it up.

I understand that you were busy and needed to get back to LA as soon as possible. Take care of your little girl (boy?) and thanks again for the visit.

P.S. - It's a good thing you two left when you did. Apparently there's a serial killer loose in the neighborhood...

Love,

~Psihala
(*Morning diagnostic complete... all body parts present and appear to be functioning normally now...)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been having all sorts of weird and disturbing dreams involving my ex-girlfriend. And, in general, I've been finding that whatever is bothering me just as I fall asleep ends up in my dream.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

I'm glad that my thread got bumped. Last night, I had a dream about three children trying to get somewhere they desperately needed to be, and the only "safe" route was to pick their way across an elevated network of strands of barbed wire.

In the dream, I wasn't me, I was one of the children.

Nonny

--------------------

terralioness
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terralioness   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miles Invictus:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by terralioness:
[qb]Quick tangent -- are those the billboards from the Shaken Baby Task Force? I always see that name and envision a group of dedicated professionals...sneaking into people's homes to shake babies.

Only just saw this!

I'd never heard of the Shaken Baby Task Force. Your image sticks pretty well with me, though, so I don't think I'll ever picture them any other way.

I think the ads are a New York HHC initiative. But the website is confusing me, because not all the ads are about shaking babies; some are about not using drugs or alcohol while caring for them, or sharing a bed with an infant. The pictures in the video cover at the bottom of that page look like the ones from the ads, though.

--------------------
"I never liked Hemingway."
"I never liked you."

Posts: 543 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep having a dream about buying this crumbling building in town. In the past, it was a hospital and an apartment complex(before my time), but now it's in bad shape.

Last night I dreamed Tim McGraw bought it, and I was jealous.

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CatPurrson

Icon 02 posted      Profile for CatPurrson   E-mail CatPurrson   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been a bit frustrated with my dreams lately. They always seem to have these complex rules that I have to follow, and I often wake up thinking that I still have to do such-and-such before I can do something else. Fortunately the feeling fades quickly, but I'm usually very tired after these complicated dreams. Unfortunately, I can't remember specifics right now. [Roll Eyes]

Most of my dreams lately have been either kinda-bad (last night I dreamt that our car was stolen with all of my work stuff in it) or just silly-but-boring. (I dreamt, again last night, that one of my coworkers was having an affair with another coworker. I was really ticked off because I used to have a crush on the guy and I wanted to know what *she* had that I didn't. IRL, they work at two different schools and probably don't even know each other.)

I miss fun dreams. When I was in my early teens I had a (seemingly, at least) really long, detailed dream about the band Guns N' Roses coming to my house and hanging out with me for hours.

It also seems like the older I get the more nightmares I have. Anything from "living dead" type stories to stuff like loved ones' dying. Nuclear war. Etc.

Lately something really odd has happened though-- something I thought about posting in "Spook Central", though I guess it wouldn't be appropriate since it's not an UL. Anyhoo, this one phrase has popped up in my dreams twice now, once a few weeks ago and again last night. (Yes, I have, and remember, multiple dreams each night! [Razz] ) The first time the phrase seemed so important, yet malignant, to me, that I wrote it down. For some reason I'm reluctant to post it here, but I know I'm just being silly. The phrase was "Molocho Deathstar". Any Snopesters have any clue about that?

Sigh... and I look forward to sleeping *SO* much...

CatPurrson [Eek!]

--------------------
People who hate cats may have been rats in a previous life.

Posts: 114 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monza305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monza305   E-mail Monza305   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always had wierd dreams, but I never remember much of them.
Now that I don't smoke the Mary Jane anymore, I find that my dreams are much more vivid, and I remember them better. A few weeks ago, I dreamed that my teenager came into the room while I was sleeping, woke me up and gave me printed out E-mails. When I woke up, it actually took me a second to figure out if it had really happened, or if it was a dream.

Last night, I was investigating a crime with Tony, Kate, & Probie from NCIS. I don't watch the show that much, so I don't get the significance. The perp was up on a scaffold throwing things down at us, and I said "Who are you, Donkey Kong?" Big laugh by everyone. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I've got a pen in my pocket does that make me a writer?
Standing on the mountain doesn't make me no higher.
Putting on gloves don't make you a fighter.
And all the study in the world doesn't make it science. -Paul Weller

Posts: 199 | From: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Heroic Muse, Catfish Lover
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heroic Muse, Catfish Lover   Author's Homepage   E-mail Heroic Muse, Catfish Lover   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Last night I decided to start keeping a dream journal in order to facilitate my writing when I'm awake. My subconscious happily obliged with this one:

My cousin was getting married and she had invited her step-father (no such person exists IRL). The problem was that she wanted him only to come to the ceremony and had just found out he was planning to come to the reception as well.

My grandmother kept calling everyone to tell them what to tell my cousin to do. My mom was refusing to answer the phone, so I answered it. I was treated to a long monologue which I heard none of because I was thinking about Scrubs, which apparently upset JD because when I got off the phone he was upset that I hadn't been listening to her. I then explained to him what a busybody she is and my cousin's whole problem with this wedding and how my uncle isn't really her father (not true in real life). In the meantime, I tried to tell my mom what my grandma wanted but she didn't want to hear about it, although she was relieved to find out Grandma was calling because my grandpa decided not to answer the phone if he was upstairs and it was ringing endlessly.

So now it's the day of the wedding, which for some reason takes place in some kind of playground. My cousin is standing by a bare tree in her wedding gown. I'm sitting on some steps (possibly leading to a school) with JD--he's my date for this wedding, I guess. There are some teenagers playing in a playground nearby and JD asks me which one is this guy I had a crush on when I was in high school. I'm so busy pointing the guy out that I totally ignore it when this car dragging a trailer full of furniture pulls up and honks four or five times. My cousin ignores it too because she's talking to my brother.

The truck pulls away and suddenly I see my other cousin sitting in the passenger seat, so I jump up to chase after it. It turns out it's parked around the corner. My cousin gets out and starts carrying a bunch of heavy chairs into the park for the reception.

At which point my alarm rang, leaving me lying awake in bed going, "What the NFBSK was that about?"

Heroic Muse

--------------------
Elsie Worthing and the Hydra's Curse
Can one small girl overcome the darkness within to thrive at Hogwarts?
http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=57042
In memory of David Newton (1962-2006)

Posts: 689 | From: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, you guys got nothing on a pregnant (or postpartum) woman when it comes to weird dreams! Obviously, the hormones and, I would imagine, real concerns (especially for first-time moms) play a big part in it. When I was preggers with DS#1, I had the standard (for new parents) "Where is the baby?" dream -- I was feeding the baby in bed then DH put him to sleep in his crib and later I dreamed that he was still in the bed, under us and/or the covers. Cue frantic search for baby, usually involving getting DH's hopes up, since frisking the husband seems to be a necessary part of the dream.

My other one when I was pregnant the first time was a realy doozy. I dreamed that DS was born and popped out about the size of a 3 year old, even walking and talking. He looked at me and said something adoring and I said, "Bring me the head of John the Baptist!" So he brought me a covered platter and when he took off the cover, DH's head was there on the platter.

I don't think DH slept for a week after Ishared that dream! [Eek!]

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So I was at the combination gym floor/newsroom of a former employer (apparently, they've installed a gym floor near the entrance of the newsroom. Who knew?).

Two women are working out to the left of me. They were talking about how The Globe and Mail (the national newspaper around these parts, for those wondering) was trying to drive a wedge between the movie Clue and its fans.

Instantly, I figure out from this conversation that the two women must be Chloe and TGirl. And I was right.

Couldn't talk long to them, though: my friend A shows up. But before I can say two words to her, a former co-worker appears and tells me to join the department for a Christmas dinner.

Apparently, the gym floor/newsroom also has a dinner area, too.

So, after taking a seat with a whole bunch of people I don't know, I started watching the entertaiment. The entertainment, as is, was a whole bunch of people on shelves above us. They started lifting their legs and arms as if mimicking an elephant.

Everyone around me starts raising their hands, as if to answer a question.

That's when I woke up.

Too bad. I wanted to find out what the answer was. Or the question was, for that matter.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm always trying to run away from someone and can't move very fast, or trying to beat the NFBSK out of someone and can't hit very hard. Quite disapointing!

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Soft Hyphen
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soft Hyphen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just had an interesting dream. Before I describe it, I should mention that it very much qualifies as a nightmare and there's a very nasty part. Oddly, although I have nightmares on occasion, I never "wake up in a cold sweat" or any such thing. I always have a level of emotional detachment in my dreams, and even the really bad ones never bother me after I wake up.

I was in a horror film-type situation. I was in a hotel/apartment building with my "family" - two sisters, a mother, an uncle and a grandfather. These people looked nothing like my real family; they looked like actors cast to play their part in the movie. But the movie was real.

I played the very young (I'm guessing 8-10 year-old) son. The story was incredibly formulaic. A bunch of people had already been murdered and the psycho killer had left his signature behind at every murder scene. (The "signature" was some kind of gooey greyish-pink food substance left on the carpet - no I have no idea what it really was.) Now the killer was making threatening phone calls to my sisters.

Realizing how predictable the whole thing was, I twice almost caught the bad guy by doing something unexpected (like checking a room then pretending to walk out but running back in when I knew he would reveal himself.) Both times he managed to get away without me seeing his face. I was the only one not afraid of the killer because I knew how easy he was to catch off guard or outsmart.

Finally he knocked on the front door to our apartment. My "mom" opened the door to find no one there, closed it, and went back to her work. Knowing the killer was right behind the door, I flung it open. Sure enough, he was there, and took off running. I called my uncle and granddad, we each grabbed a baseball bat and headed after him. I knew he was hiding in one of the empty hotel rooms (this building we were living in was a combination apartment building/five start hotel.) My uncle and granddad decided to look for him downstairs but I knew he was close by. I whispered to them as they headed downstairs "Pretend I'm with you!" and my uncle started stamping his feet so that it sounded like there were three people going down the stairs.

I tiptoed back to our apartment and, as I predicted, the killer was about to enter and kill my mother and sisters. I yelled "STOP! It's over!" and waved my baseball bat threateningly. The killer laughed and said (I swear, I'm not making this up) "That's not a bat! This is a bat!" and pulled out a very large, very heavy wooden bat. I realized my own bat was a cheap, hollow, plastic one. (Plus it finally dawned on me that I was just a scrawny prepubescent kid.) I tried hitting the killer with it, aiming for his face as much as I could, but he just kept laughing. I started screaming for my uncle and granddad, but they didn't come. Eventually my throat dried up completely and I couldn't scream any more. I tried to run away. The killer hit me several times as I was running; he was clearly having fun torturing me.

In a desperate move, I jumped down a flight of stairs (the layout of the stairs made this a very dangerous move) thinking he wouldn't follow me, but he did. At the bottom of the stairs, he threw me to the ground - and bashed my head in.

At this point the dream switched into third-person view. I had a pretty good look as chunks of my brain and skull were splattered on the floor and walls. I wasn't terrified; I was just thinking about how stupid and cocky I had been to try to take the killer on by myself. Then I saw my grandfather approach the killer from behind. The intention of the scene in the "movie" was to make the audience think that my grandfather was going to kill him, but I instantly recognized that my grandfather was working with the killer - that's the only explanation for his failing to hear me when I was screaming. And, sure enough, my grandfather and the killer started discussing further murder plans. The thought "This is boring!" crossed my mind, and I moved into a completely different dream.

Oh, and when I finally woke up, my mouth was wide open and both my mouth and throat were so dry that it hurt to breathe.

Posts: 78 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Soft Hyphen
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soft Hyphen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How many people have dreams in which they're not even remotely "themselves"?

I've had dreams in which I was an old man, a newborn, a woman, a girl, a wolf, a hamster, a robot, a gryphon, an alien, some kind of bizarre pegasus-like creature that could grant wishes, a telephone, and the sun. Plus probably hundreds of other equally bizarrre things.

Posts: 78 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heck, I've had dreams where I'm not even in them! Weird dreams are a norm for me, I even had one that seemed to last the majority of a night and earned the name "The Pink Staircase" from my firends after I told them about it.

Short version: A man is killed by the mob on a pink staircase at a hotel while on vacation with his wife. The hotel is renovated and the staircase is replaced by an elevator. The wife makes yearly visits to the hotel and everytime she passes the elevator, it opens and she sees the pink staircase and her husband's dead body, causing her to avoid the elevator at all costs. After many years of doing this, she becomes a suspect in his death and while visiting the hotel for a last time, ends up running from the cops up into a newly renovated area of the hotel that is still under construction. She becomes cornered near the elevator that reveals the pink staircase. As she backs away from the police, the elevator doors open silently and crosses the threshold, plunging to her death down the empty elevator shaft. The scene remains on the elevator as the doors close and moves backwards, showing a tv set encompassing the doors and a family watching the show in their living room. Suddenly, the words "This actually happened December 19, 19XX at 3:23 AM" flash on the screen. I wake in a panic, check the clock and it is 3:23 AM! Of course, it is sometime in May, but it still freaked me out. I did not enter the dream until the pursuit of the woman and then I bacame the woman who morphed into an old hag before returning to her normal self and plunging to her death.

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hubert Cumberdale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Cumberdale   E-mail Hubert Cumberdale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have tons of weird dreams. The earliest one I have is from when I was very young (probably around 7 or 8). I was riding in the car with my parents on Route 95 in Providence, RI (The Thurbers Ave curve for people familiar with the area). We didn't make the turn and went off the road, which is very high for some reason. The dream then switched to my mother holding me and climbing up a high rise condo building by the outside balconies. When we got to a certain level, a creepy old man with a horseshoe crab tail sticking out between his teeth pops out of one of the apartments and yells at us. After that happened time stopped for everyone except me and the creepy old man. He was leaning in toward me and I woke up before he got to me.
I don't have nightmares like that too much anymore, but I do get night terrors more than I would like. I've woken up many times to see my wall covered in spiders, a figure standing at the foot of my bed, someone talking to me, and other things I can't think of. They really suck.
But they're not the worst dreams I have.
The worst ones are the vivid ones where things that can't happen in real life are happening (I have superpowers, meet aliens, go on an epic RPG style quest and get the girl, etc.) I always wake from them with a full memory of what I was doing in the dream and it makes the real world seem even worse when I wake up.
In the same vein as the good vivid ones that make me hate waking life, are the bad vivid ones that make me grateful to awake from them. They almost always involve me killing someone (there's never a reason) and having to either spend the rest of my life hiding from the police or going to jail. I'm always very happy when I wake up from those.

Posts: 835 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Egg Note

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Weird dreams?

I had a very odd dream recently. I made a post here on the boards, but everyone flamed me for being a shut-in loser. Eventually everybody here came to my house in a huge, unruly mob just so they could beat me to death. [Eek!]

I think that was a clear sign that I needed to spend less time browsing the forums here.

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egg Note:
I think that was a clear sign that I needed to spend less time browsing the forums here.

[lol] I had a dream where 4K went off on a huge rant about Hungarian cheese. Too much snopes or too much trapista? It's hard to know.

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages