snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » snopesters as film stars (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: snopesters as film stars
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Definitely do, I wish someone would compare me to Chrissie Hynde. She's gorgeous and her voice is amazing.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cat Grey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cat Grey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:
Lorenzo Lamas

Thanks. I feel much better now.

~Cat

--------------------
"Beer assuages grief. No one tells you that." ~Arrow-Tech IV

Posts: 1612 | From: Darkest America (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candiru from strangers:
Definitely do, I wish someone would compare me to Chrissie Hynde. She's gorgeous and her voice is amazing.

OK, I'll compare you to Chrissie Hynde.

But actually, I find you look strikingly like the "it girl" from silent movies, Clara Bow.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cat Grey:
quote:
Lorenzo Lamas

Thanks. I feel much better now.

~Cat

You're welcome, and you should! He be a hunk. I don't see many of your posts and had never looked at your profile before. He came to mind immediately.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unbroken
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unbroken   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jw:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by unbroken:
quote:
Originally posted by jw:

Unbroken - Chrissie Hynde (I suppose she could act)

[Eek!] She's the same age as my mother!
That's okay. The actor chosen to portray a snopester is supposed to be thought of at the time he/she was the same age as the snopester is now, so we didn't have to say "a young" Chrissie Hynde, or "an alive" Natalie Wood. [Smile]

Spot on, Signora. Take it as a compliment, unbroken.
I'll try [Wink]

--------------------
Oddly enough, the island of Ireland looks remarkably like a small old man driving an old Ford Fiesta.

Posts: 950 | From: Dublin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pogue Mahone:
quote:

But actually, I find you look strikingly like the "it girl" from silent movies, Clara Bow.

Especially in that second picture! Wow!

ETA: So, anyone have any thoughts on who would play me? [Smile]

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chillas:
quote:
quote:

Especially in that second picture! Wow!

This is a really tough one...But you reminded me of John Lovitz.

So, does anyone else have any other ideas of who I look like, other than Jennifer Grey?

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm pretty certain I don't look like anyone famous, but since you can't see my face in my profile shot you'll have to take my word for it. I once tried one of those programmes that analyses a photo of a face and tries to match it with actors. Best it could come up with for me (and it was a lousy match rating anyway) was a some child actor I'd never heard of. I wasn't too impressed to discover my closest match was a 9 year old boy. [Eek!]

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouch! Guess that's what I get for asking!

--------------------

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by black roses 19:
Mosh: Fairuza Balk

I'll take that, considering that's who I chose for myself in t'other thread [Smile]

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a Moorish Idol:
So, does anyone else have any other ideas of who I look like, other than Jennifer Grey?

How about Gloria Swanson, in her silent film days?

Pogue

--------------------

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Signora, nope never heard of her.

No bull kinda person, huh? Yeah, I suppose that's me. *grin*

I try to be kinda mellow, though. Sometimes it doesn't work, though. [Wink]

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a Moorish Idol:

This is a really tough one...But you reminded me of John Lovitz.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yikes, he certainly isn't anything like John Lovitz- yuck.

Chillas- I said earlier in the thread that you remind me of the "Bear in the Big Blue House" from the kid's show because you look (don't take this the wrong way- I know you are very taken)very cuddly, and are a really nice, sweet guy.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bach_girl, in Active Topics it looked like you were suggesting that John Lovitz play Mickey [lol]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ali_marea:
Signora, nope never heard of her.

No bull kinda person, huh? Yeah, I suppose that's me. *grin*

I try to be kinda mellow, though. Sometimes it doesn't work, though. [Wink]

Start reading Pogue's post here, then go down a couple to mine. There are some links to photos.

"No bull kinda person" means, to me, anyway, that you don't take crapola(TM) and are straight forward in saying what you mean.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ali, I always think of you as Barbara Bach in her Spenser for Hire Days. Which, curiously are unlisted on the IMBD.

ETA: The reason SFH wasn't listed on Barbara Bach's page is because it was Barbara Stock who played her.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 05 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bach_girl:

Yikes, he certainly isn't anything like John Lovitz- yuck.

Chillas- I said earlier in the thread that you remind me of the "Bear in the Big Blue House" from the kid's show because you look (don't take this the wrong way- I know you are very taken)very cuddly, and are a really nice, sweet guy.

Aw, shucks, I'd missed that! Thanks! [Smile]

And I also see now that I missed CatNip suggesting James Gandolfini, which I'll take as well. [Smile]

So, I'm a big cuddly mobster...?

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I just read this as big cuddly monster, so now chillas I'm afraid I see you as Sulley from Monsters Inc. [Big Grin]

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

[lol] I can live with that. [Smile]

--------------------

Cat Grey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Cat Grey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You're welcome, and you should! He be a hunk. I don't see many of your posts and had never looked at your profile before. He came to mind immediately.

I've been almost completely absent - barely even lurking - since January. I'm only just now starting to be active again.

Which means it's probably time to schedule another Texas snopesters' Gathering...

Cat "disorganizer" Grey

--------------------
"Beer assuages grief. No one tells you that." ~Arrow-Tech IV

Posts: 1612 | From: Darkest America (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Chillas- you know you're the mafia hit-man from all the mobster movies, lol.

Shucks...no one mentioned cute widdle me! I guess I"m an original [Smile]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs. hi-c, you could be played by Audrey Hepburn quite nicely. You have the same wide-eyed cuteness. [Smile]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 37 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
quote:

I just read this as big cuddly monster, so now chillas I'm afraid I see you as Sulley from Monsters Inc. [Big Grin]
Wait, I'm going to be married to Sully? [lol] Oh dear. Now who does that mean will have to play me? Boo? [lol]

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cat Grey:

Which means it's probably time to schedule another Texas snopesters' Gathering...

Cat "disorganizer" Grey

W000000T!

I mean, I'm glad you're back, Cat Grey!

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lilybet
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilybet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh oooh oooh!

She who cannot find the time to post on message boards can always find time to drive to Dallas. Especially, especially if there are snopelings to be seen!

Lily "priorities" bet

p.s. though if I recall correctly, Meaty Pop moved away. Damn.

--------------------
A day in the life: Human woman *** Frozen turkey

Posts: 1361 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
First of Two – William Shatner, of course.

I was going to protest, until I thought about it.
No, I still protest. But just because he's got 40 years on me. That's too much.

quote:
First of Two - - Timothy Busfield

Ew. I have more hair than that. ('course, I have more hair than Shatner, too...)

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

First of Two, the age of the actor doesn't matter in this thread. Consider whoever was picked to play you to be that actor at the age you are now. Also, I haven't seen Busfield in quite a while, but he used to have hair! [lol]

By the way, welcome back! Some of us have been wondering what happened to you.

ETA: Change this photo from B&W to color. Make Busfield a little younger, put some glasses on him, envision him with a big smile, pull a lock or two of hair down on his forehead, and I think I pegged you fairly well. Strawberry blond is how I've always thought of you, but Busfield's hair is a little more on the red side.

Edit-II: I looked for photos of Busfield after I saw your photo in that other thread.

--------------------

Pogue Ma-humbug

quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
quote:
First of Two – William Shatner, of course.

I was going to protest, until I thought about it.
No, I still protest. But just because he's got 40 years on me. That's too much.

But of course, I was thinking about the William Shatner of 40 years ago.

Pogue

--------------------

AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 105 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Managed to miss this thread altogether;

quote:
Ali Baba – Alison Janney
Pogue, I will love you until the day I die for this - I love that woman.

Just for that, you can be played by a young Paul Newman, or George Clooney, or Bradley Whitford, or anyone you want.

Ali "Or Richard Schiff, whatever" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages