snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » IKEA furniture (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: IKEA furniture
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We've never bought living room furniture from IKEA before but they seem to be offering an amazing deal on ektorp sofas - buy one get another piece in the same line for 1/2 price. I desperately need some new furniture for the TV room. Has anyone bought sofas or chairs from IKEA before? Is $599 for a sofa just too good to be true?

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not a big fan of IKEA sofas. In fact, a sofabed is the only item of furniture I went to a 'grown up' furniture store for (everything else including the mattress is from IKEA). I find most IKEA sofas not very comfortable and I hear that they're prone to getting very lumpy very quickly. I hear that's particularly true of their sofabeds (which is what I wanted and why I ended up going to Leon's). However, I've always found the Ektorp to be one of their most comfortable sofas. The one IKEA sofa I really liked (Ekeskog) was just too large for our living room. If I hadn't really wanted a sofabed I may well have gone for the Ektorp especially at such a good deal.

Oh, and this is the greatest chair ever.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrekkerScout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekkerScout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a classic example of "you get what you pay for." IKEA is great for those who want to quickly furnish a space on a limited budget but do not plan on keeping the furniture for an extended period of time. It is basically disposable furniture not intended to last.
Posts: 306 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Honeybunch
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Honeybunch     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My husband calls Ikea my mothership, I love their stuff. But I agree, I'd never get a sofa from there, they're simply not comfy at all & have practically zero smoosh factor (good smoosh being essential in couch-buying) and the seat pitch isn't that great for when you want to loll about on your couch. You're better off spending a little more and getting something you're really in love with.
Posts: 12 | From: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Not_Done_Living
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_Done_Living     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why not just go to Ikea and take a look/rest/sit on the couch in question?
Posts: 62 | From: Markham, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Not_Done_Living:
Why not just go to Ikea and take a look/rest/sit on the couch in question?

Because that doesn't tell one much about the long-term comfort and durability of the couch in question.

--------------------

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Exactly Jenn, thanks! I have seen the furniture. It would be hard to miss it since I seem to spend way too much time at our local IKEA but seeing it, testing it in the store and actually living with it are not the same thing.

I guess I do need to consider if this furniture will stand up to the kind of treatment it will get at the hands of my son and his friends. Although that may not be a fair test for any piece of furniture!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
I'm not a big fan of IKEA sofas. In fact, a sofabed is the only item of furniture I went to a 'grown up' furniture store for (everything else including the mattress is from IKEA).

I've had some good luck with this futon. Quite comfortable.
quote:
Agreed wholeheartedly.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
seeing it, testing it in the store and actually living with it are not the same thing.

Don't I know it. I sure wish I'd spent more time trying out my kitchen chairs instead of buying them just because they matched the table. They sure look nice, but the seat-backs aren't all that comfortable. On the other hand, they turned out to be the only chairs I could sit on in the weeks after I hurt my back, and we don't actually eat our meals at the table, so I guess it's not so bad.

quote:
I guess I do need to consider if this furniture will stand up to the kind of treatment it will get at the hands of my son and his friends. Although that may not be a fair test for any piece of furniture!
In that case, if you think it's going to get rough treatment, maybe a cheapo sofa is the way to go? The Ektorp does have the easily removable slip covers for washing.

--------------------

Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Their stuff is solid and technically well designed, but boring.

I don't shop there, as the owner Ingvar Kamprad has a background as an organized nazi during WW2 and well into the fifties ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamprad ). He has since made some lame apologies, but he has never really made a stand against his nazi ideologies. I don't want my money to end up with such a man. In other words, if you want that sofa, I suggest you shoplift it.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:

Agreed wholeheartedly.
Absolutely thirded.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrekkerScout:
This is a classic example of "you get what you pay for." IKEA is great for those who want to quickly furnish a space on a limited budget but do not plan on keeping the furniture for an extended period of time. It is basically disposable furniture not intended to last.

I've only shopped in IKEA once but it was a major, well planned raid before I went. The limited budget was definitely a factor, but I've found the quality is reasonable too. And more importantly - I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else, and I looked a lot. Why is it so hard to find decent bookcases these days? I spent around £400 or so on the IVAR range, 83cm x 50cm shelves for two units with one tall and one shorter cupboard units underneath, one unit with 42cm x 50xm and the drawer unit, the TV bench, and the multimedia shelf. It replaced the ultra cheapy Argos bookcases I had had up until then (complete with shelves which had warped ridiculously) and since it's solid wood I can get two rows of books on each shelf without worrying. I hope they last reasonably well, I'm not planning on replacing them any time soon.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dissonance
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dissonance   E-mail dissonance   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an Ektorp 3 seater couch (not the sofabed) and I adore it. I find it super comfortable to lie on, but that's just me (my husband doesn't, but he's got his recliner). It's been a year, and no problems with it at all. Plus the fact that it's slipcovered is a big advantage with a toddler running around!
Posts: 160 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had an IKEA couch YEARS ago- I don't remember what "name" it had, but it was good for a smallish apartment. To me it was pretty comfortable. it was a pull out type sofa but not the type you see with the metal frame- just a "extended" cusion- you'd say it was a early type of futon I guess. Fairly comfy but hell to get up off the floor at times lol. Never had the lumpiness issue. Ironically after I got rid of that one and inherited the couch from my grandparent's rec room I missed it because my 'new' couch had LUMPS!!!

I've gotten other things from IKEA too- the 6ft tall bookshelf is at least 13 years old by now. Still going strong after 3 moves (from 1 house in PA to another then down to NC. DIdn't make it to CO because it was about 2 inches too long to fit in my CRV [Razz] ). The one chair I got from there I didn't like very much... wasn't meant for long term sitting (at a computer).

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrekkerScout:

On the contrary...Ikea runs stringent durability tests on a lot of their products to ensure that they'll last. They're where I go when I want inexpensive furniture that's not disposable.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My boyfriend and I have owned a large variety of Ikea items. Our sofa, the least expensive model, is not terribly comfortable, but it is very durable and it's so light that with a dolly I can move it myself. It's also pretty easy to keep clean because you can take the cover off. It's still as (un)comfortable now as it was when we bought it.

Other things we've purchased from them have not been as excellent. He had an aluminum loft bed that was very wobbly and noisy. Our dish towels are not absorbent. The floor lamp in our bedroom lists oddly to one side However, for the most part everything's been about what we expected, has lasted a surprisingly long time, and has certainly been worth the price.

If you buy their higher-end items they seem to last longer and be more cushy. So the $599 couch is probably much higher quality than our $299 couch.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We have the BILLY Bookcases and a tall thin bookcase that I can't remember the name of. The Billys are very durable -- the kids have climbed all over them, sat on top (these are the ones around 3' tall, not the taller ones).

The tall bookcase I actually got to put on its side for a shelving unit for the kids' toys when they were smaller and shorter. Now they have laundry baskets with lids that I got at Pier One. The tall bookcase is back upright and I use it for my work supplies.

The other REALLY great thing about IKEA is that they keep a lot of the hardware on hand and you can have it for free (or a small fee) to replace anything that gets damaged or lost over time. I've gotten new hinges when DS#2 bent a set hanging on a door and new sliding guides for shelves when I lost the first set. Not been charged either time. This is especially helpful because it would be difficult if not impossible to find replacement hardware for these pieces at any hardware store or home improvement store here in the US.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lulu   E-mail Lulu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am really keen to get some Ektorp sofas, too, because I like the shape and I like the removable slip covers. Our currents sofas are about 8 years old now, and are utterly grubby. I can take off the cushion covers and wash them, but I'd have to get a professional cleaner in for the arms and backs (maybe I could do it myself, but I'm not really good like that). I'd much rather be able to whip off the whole cover and wash it, and have a few different covers for a change, too.

They're so much nicer than the "one size fits all" sofa covers you can buy at manchester shops - they always look so cheap and baggy, whereas the IKEA ones are beautifully fitted.

--------------------
"What I do not understand is why it makes a difference how the goat is exposed." ~ Rhiandmoi

Posts: 2153 | From: Northern NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Penny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
I've had some good luck with this futon. Quite comfortable.

I'll second that - I have one as my lounge-room sofa and it's very comfy. Also makes an extremely comfy double-bed.

--------------------
"Do not dance on the sand"

Posts: 340 | From: Redmond, WA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Did you know they make a children's version? The Plankton loves his and he's always sitting in it.

Christie, I think if you're getting this for your son and his friends to hang out on, it would be okay. It may not last forever, but I'm not sure how important that aspect is when you consider how rough teenage guys can be on furniture anyways. And, with slipcovers, it would be easy to clean up after them!

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Algae:

The Plankton loves his and he's always sitting in it.

All he needs is a beer and a remote and he's ready for Sunday afternoon football!

Christie, what color are you thinking of for the sofa? I would recommend one of the dark or medium colors because we've found (with other slipcovers and sofas) that, even when the slipcover is washable, the lighter colors tend to look grubbier sooner.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

I was thinking of the dark red for the sofa and matbe a matching patterned one for a chair. I'd have to see them in the store though to be sure.

I wonder if the chair Jenn linked too would suit a 210 lb rugby player? Would they take the strain do you think? Because I think they look cool and the price is certainly right!

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm about 180 right now, and that chair works just fine. My BIL has one, too, and he's over 200. So long as you're not violent with it, the chair should hold up. Of course, you can always ask a sales clerk to make sure, but I'm certain it does.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Thanks Canuck! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be going to IKEA tomorrow and getting some new furniture. I want to have the TV room done before my husband gets back so I can get rid of the crappy furniture that is in there now without him insisting we mourn their passing. I know him, if the new stuff is in place he'll just be glad he didn't have to move anything. If the old stuff is still there we will have to Give This Some Thought.

--------------------

Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

According to the IKEA website, the Poang can support up to 375lbs before the structural integrity is compromised.

--------------------

Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Where do you guys eat, Jenn?

210 lb rugby player? Is he cute?

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:

210 lb rugby player? Is he cute?

I think so [Big Grin] . He's also only 19 Missie!

--------------------

Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
C'mere, little boy, you want some candy? [lol] Kidding, I'm kidding. My friend Eamon and I feel so guilty for drooling over the corn-fed farm boys that are always swarming around midtown on vacation. We're so bad!

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone know if IKEA still holds its 50% off everything in the store sales? And if so, when?

DH and I are looking at the Ektorp sectional sleeper and would rather wait to buy it on sale than full retail price. (Yes, we are that cheap. [Wink] )

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dissonance
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dissonance   E-mail dissonance   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I do have one piece of Ektorp advice - if you get the 3-seater, figure out which cover goes on the middle back cushion and put that one on first. Let's just say I spent a very frustrating 10 minutes trying to put that slipcover over one of the seat cushions, and it's not quite the same size. There was a lot of cursing before I figured out I'd grabbed the wrong cover! Also, the sofa won't be nearly as cushy as the store floor models until you've had a few weeks to break it in and soften up the seat cushions a bit, but I think that's generaly the case with any sofa, isn't it?
Posts: 160 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:

Usually at the coffee table and we get caught up with shows we've recorded while we eat. Sometimes we'll eat at wherever our respective laptops are, so I do sometimes eat at the kitchen table. When it's just the two of us we sit down and eat at the table together only a few times a year and we don't host dinner parties all that often. The kitchen table exists primarily for gaming.

--------------------

Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought I'd toss in my current rant about Ikea. In the past year I bought six pieces of furniture that had to be assembled from Ikea. Two of those pieces had warped boards. Their customer service leaves something to be desired. The only option I have is to return the board with my receipt and get a new board from them. Unfortunately both times this happened I lived about an hour from the closest Ikea. Needless to say I am thoroughly pissed off at the prospect making the two hour round trip for the second time in order to get the replacement part for the second time.

Two out of six products had defective parts, not a good track record. Neither product could be assembled with the defective part.

I noticed that they don't have a phone number on their receipts, they don't seem to encourage contact other than going to their stores. It seems their internet "customer service" is there only to tell you to go to the nearest store for whatever problem you have.

I had planned on getting two of those Poang chairs and a curio/china cabinet from them but I won't be doing that, even though I'm going to have to go down to the store in order to get the replacement part I need. OTOH, when I finally have time to make the two hour round trip there, I wonder if they will replace the part because the return period might be over. I wasted a lot of time waiting for their customer service at the store to call me back "within 48 hours". That was a week and a half ago. After you finally track down the number of the nearest store, I had to find it online, your call actually goes to a "call center" and then gets passed to the store. Calling the store will only get you hours and directions, as near as I can tell. You are told someone will call you back about your problem. No one called me back.

I guess if you live close to an Ikea, it's not so bad.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Quink
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quink   E-mail Quink   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had my Ektorp two seater sofa for almost exactly a year now, and I love it. I've slept on the hide-a-bed a few times now, and while it's not the most comfortable thing in the world, it's better than most that I've used. As for the sofa itself, I like that the seat cushions are firmer while the back cushions are squishier. I have short legs, so I don't like my bum to sink into a couch too far, but I like something cushy behind my back. When I moved a few months ago, it took me several weeks to get my bedroom properly moved and set up, so I slept on the sofa (No room to unfold it), and it was surprisingly comfy. The couch itself made it through the move nicely too (The removable cover was good for that).

As much as I love all my billies and ivar, I'm slowly replacing my IKEA student furniture as I get older. I find that some of their furniture seems to be a higher quality than the average, and that's what I'm hanging on to. From what I've seen, the ektorp falls into that category.

Posts: 53 | From: Calgary | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like Ikea. You do get what you pay for, but they have some fab design ideas and features. I don't think I could have kept my sanity thorough the first 3 years of DD's existance without my tv bench. It is lockable with tempered glass doors that remotes work through, so my dvd, video and hi-fi have all survived without having jam sandwiches shoved in. (The remotes are covered in stickers and felt tip and have peanut butter under the buttons, but you can't have everything!)

We've moved house with it three times and it's still very sturdy indeed. Eta - no I'm fibbing - we've moved twice, it's been in 3 houses. That's what I meant. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Update to my problem (three posts up).

Finally, today, someone called 20 days after I first contacted them. In fact, two people called within an hour of each other. Well, in all fairness, the one woman said she called yesterday and left a message with the woman who answered the phone. Odd, no woman except me has access to my phone. It would seem that if something could go wrong, it did, right down to someone dialing a wrong number.

For some reason, the information taken during the call I made on Nov. 8th didn't get entered into the system until Nov. 11 and then sat where it was until Nov. 27. (I recieved no reply to my email of Nov. 17.) I had given up on trying to get the problem resolved by phone, my calendar cleared a bit and I intended to take the 2+ hours and return the part to the store tomorrow. However, the second woman who called is arranging for a new side panel to be sent today. She read the description of the reported problem which had been entered in their computer to me. It said that the glass shelves went all the way in which would be the opposite of what the problem is -- the shelves don't go all the way in the slots they are suppose to go in.

Ultimately, though, customer service did come through.

But maybe I should wait a few days until I actually get the new panel before I say "Mission Accompished".

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages