snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » I want to quit it (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I want to quit it
Gavida
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavida   E-mail Gavida   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't posted before, since I thought it would be a good thing to wait for day 7, so that I can brag about a whole week that I managed to go through.

But acutally it was hell.... well, the saturday and the sunday was. Might be that it was that I spent so much time at home and had too much time to think and consider what I am doing....

Well, Saturday was pretty ok, I think. A little bit nervous when I returned from the grocery shopping with a friend. Slept a bit and spent the rest of the evening playing online with a friend.

Sunday was horrible, my mood was pretty grumpy. Everything made me jump and shout, I never longed for a smoke like I did today. Almost went to the gas station and bought a pack.
I am still in a pretty bad mood. I think I will go to bed now and hope that I can sleep it "out" somehow.
I so would love to smoke a cigarette right now, but the whole week would have been wasted if I give in.
It almost drives me crazy. I don't even think it is the nicotine withdrawal.....

Going to bed now before I go crazy [Wink]

Gav"one week clean and planning to stay it"ida

--------------------
"He looked bigger when I couldn't see him" - Jayne Cobb

Posts: 359 | From: Essen, NRW, Germany | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Gavida! They call that "Hell Week." You are now moving into "Heck Week." It is less painful, but watch out because your guard might slip a bit as a result.

Hang in there, we're all cheering you on!

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 99 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good on you, Gavida! Keep it up! We are all rooting for you. It'll get easier as each day goes by.

nur "quit cold turkey 7 years ago and hasn't looked back" ple

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats on deciding to give it up. I was never a smoker myself, but my mom was, and I know that her quitting was one of the hardest things she'd ever done. She finally got on Wellbutrin, and that helped her kick it. Everyone has their own things that help them quit. A friend of my mother's got a big 5 gallon jar and filled it 1/2 way with water. She used it to put out her cigarettes until it was such a foul mess of disgusting filth that it just turned her stomach to think about smoking again. My grandfather puffed a cigarette from a brand new carton, felt like he was getting stabbed in the chest, and threw the whole thing away, never to smoke again. And a friend of mine is on the patch, and that's what's working for her.

It won't be easy, but make sure you do what works for you. If you want it bad enough and you find the right way to go about it, you will succeed.

Hugs and vibes. This is just the beginning of a difficult road. Hang in there, it's worth it in the end. [Smile]

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gavida
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavida   E-mail Gavida   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A short update:

I have been clean for 16 days now.
Sometimes it still is hard, especially at home (strange enough, my colleague at the office is still smoking). Probably because I smoked so much in front of my computer while surfing and playing. The second weekend was tough again, I guess it is the same reason as before, too much time to think about quitting and sitting in the environment I smoked a lot in.

Gavida

--------------------
"He looked bigger when I couldn't see him" - Jayne Cobb

Posts: 359 | From: Essen, NRW, Germany | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Gavida!

I bet you're really proud of yourself! Good for you!

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good job, Gavida. Keep it up. You won't regret it.

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the single biggest thing you can do to improve your health. Keep up the good work.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know I've already said this, but you're up to that point now, so it bears repeating:

You might think to yourself "What did I ever see in it? I'll just have one cigarette to see if they're as bad as I remember".

Don't do it!

Just because they're revolting doesn't mean you won't get hooked again.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages