snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Breaking News: Married People Have Sex!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breaking News: Married People Have Sex!
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Researchers also found that married people have the most sex, reporting engaging in sexual activity in the previous four weeks more frequently than single people. There has also been a gradual shift to delay marriage, even in developing countries.
Cue the could fooled me jokes...

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WHAT???! No! Gosh, I hope no one tells my husband...

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Breaking News : Married People Have Sex...

...once in a while.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now and then.... [Wink]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
With each other?

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
With each other?

Well, I dont actually know if the mailman is married; Ill have to ask him. [lol]

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 16 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is THAT what my husband and I have been doing for the past 15 years??!!! Hope my mother doesn't find out!!

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You mean there are other reasons to get married?? [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh. Every time my mother calls our house, she seems to worry that she may be interupting DH and I while having sex. She always says, "Um, I'm not ah, calling at a bad time, am I?"

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Point out that you wouldn't answer the phone if you were having sex.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But we do answer the phone, it might be important [Smile]

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
Point out that you wouldn't answer the phone if you were having sex.

A friend of mine used to answer the phone while having sex. And if the caller asked what she was doing, she'd tell them!

It was usually our shyest and most easily-embarrassed mutual friend on the other end of the line, too.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Goof
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for The Goof     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Being a married person, I have to ask, what is this....sex everyone is talking about?

--------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,than to open it and remove all doubt."- Mark Twain

Posts: 426 | From: Tucson, AZ (The Old Pueblo) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Goof:
Being a married person, I have to ask, what is this....sex everyone is talking about?

If you think hard enough you might remember it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 105 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nurple:
Heh. Every time my mother calls our house, she seems to worry that she may be interupting DH and I while having sex. She always says, "Um, I'm not ah, calling at a bad time, am I?"

My Mom does that too.
Plus, if I ever say "We were running late this morning," that's greeted with a grin, a wink, and an "Oh, you were, were you? That's the way, kids! Hubba hubba!"

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does having sex with one self count? Except for that one quicky last week, DW and I hadnt had much "interaction in the netherregions" for close to half a year. (TMI: While pregnant she got bad cramps when she got "ready to rumble" and after the birth.. well.. we all know how that is, especially when your BIL is living with you now and then as well.)

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The results for the study are very interesting. If nothing else, now I have a good link to counteract those "kids today have sex younger and younger" harangues.

On a personal note, one of the funniest compliments I have ever received was when an acquaintance exclaimed, "you guys are f*ckers!" with admiration in his voice. Mr S and I became an inspiration to this guy and a few others after someone found out why Mr S and I snuck off during a friend's wedding reception.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But we do answer the phone, it might be important
If it is important, they'll call again.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been trying to find a complete breakdown of the results, because the local news reported on this a few days ago and said that while married people reported the most sexual activity, married women were actually the most likely to contract an STD. So maybe married people aren't have sex with their spouses.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The funny thing is, it's not a big *gasp* that married people have sex... just that they have sex more frequently than single people. And that does make me raise my eyebrows a bit.

Of course... my situation is a tad on the unique side. We just had our 2nd child about 5.5 months ago and there will NOT be a 3rd (barring Divine Intervention)... so, since hubby's not fond of condoms (and neither am I for that matter), I've told him that the nookie is being put on hold until he gets the old snipperoo.

Purple--...which doesn't seem to be happenning any time soon...-Iguana

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 18 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Iguana:
I've told him that the nookie is being put on hold until he gets the old snipperoo.

Be warned: even after a man gets snipped, a couple has to use protection for about a month or two; the ducts have to be, uh, cleaned out.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I know that... which is why I've been wanting him to get it taken care of sooner rather than later. But I can totally hold out. Our first child would only sleep if he was in bed with us. That was 14 months of abstinence. I can do that no problem. Dunno if hubby has the same willpower. [Wink]

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lulu   E-mail Lulu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I swear by vasectomy. My husband has completely stopped barking at cars and humping people's legs since he had it done.

--------------------
"What I do not understand is why it makes a difference how the goat is exposed." ~ Rhiandmoi

Posts: 2153 | From: Northern NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I swear by vasectomy. My husband has completely stopped barking at cars and humping people's legs since he had it done.

Drat gorram.
There go my favourite hobbies then the day after Thanksgiving. (Thats when my cables are getting capped, not the day when I bark at cars and hump legs.)

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages