snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Would you live in a "murder house"? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Would you live in a "murder house"?
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 216 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. K:
ThistleS, no, I grew up in Madisonville, KY.

Now, I live in Wildomar, CA, just down the street from the Wildomar Cemetery.

And yet, oddly enough, the dead STILL don't bother me, just the living! [lol]

Oh, neat. Colma as you may know is the city where the dead outnumber the living. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I almost do. When we moved in here in September 2005, after about a week we were getting to know our neighbours when they asked... "So, you don't mind about the murder, then?" swiftly followed by "Oh, no, you haven't heard have you..." when they saw the look on my face.

Seems a young man was stabbed at a party about 10 years ago. It happened in the bathroom.

I asked the neighbours whether he died from his injuries. "Not in the house," came the grim answer... [Eek!]

Anyway we've lived here for over a year now and nothing has gone bump in the night, although I do confess to making very speedy bathroom trips for a few weeks last year. I could probably get the facts by looking through newspaper archives and such, but we're not living here forever so I think I'll save that until weve moved. Other neighbours have backed the story up and that's really all I want to know about it for now.

ETA I used to live in a 600 year old thatched cottage. One entire downstairs wall was made from bits of boat washed up on the local beach after a barney with the Spanish Armada. It had also been a blacksmiths and soup kitchen over the centuries. Many residents claimed it was haunted, and things certainly went bump in the night an awful lot, but it was a creaky old place. Dad was "visited" by a man in Quaker dress from time to time, but then Dad couldn't remember the 60's either. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 604 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, if I liked a house, wasn't creeped out by it and the price was good, I'd live there. I have an overactive imagination myself, but if I felt ok there, it probably wouldn't be a problem. New or old, if I felt wierded out in any way (whatever the story was), then no sale.

Cemetaries would probably be the same thing. We have some pretty cool ones in this state, so I probably wouldn't mind living near one.

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother bought a house that had witnessed a double murder. The auctioneer told him of the history at the time, because although he was aware of the murders in the locality, he would not have known exactly which house.

The stigma attached meant he got the house devalued by about 20%. He sold it on three years later, and the house's history did not have to be disclosed to the new buyers, who in any case, were only interested in "buying to let" .

I'm not superstitous and stayed in the house a few times.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleSpectre:
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. K:
ThistleS, no, I grew up in Madisonville, KY.

Now, I live in Wildomar, CA, just down the street from the Wildomar Cemetery.

And yet, oddly enough, the dead STILL don't bother me, just the living! [lol]

Oh, neat. Colma as you may know is the city where the dead outnumber the living. [Big Grin]
Ahh, yes! I've heard of Colma!

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages