snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Unhijackable: The Next Generation (Page 32)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Unhijackable: The Next Generation
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well, the actual concert was not that fun. The music was great, but a guy I have history with was there. We ended our friendship on bad terms, and it messed me up on a couple levels to see him there. Also, I didnt get a chance to talk to my friend very much.

Then I went to my usual hangout and except for the fact that my phone broke again (last time i had it replaced, and this one just did the same thing, but I don't have the money to upgrade right now) I had a beyond excellent time. I made some new friends, a few of which I actually remember their names. I'm sad that my phone is broken though, as it means I've lost all my pictures. So now I have to proof that I got a big old birthday hug fromt he lead singer of Cobra Starship. I'd been meaning to take my phoen in to get it fixed so that it wuold send pics. Was plannign to tomorrow as a matter of fact, which is why I think it broke today. Oh well.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well I think I've found someone that I want to date. The problem is that I have no money right now. I've got a job but the first paycheck won't be until after Thanksgiving and it won't be for much. I'm going to try and get the folks to lend me some money and pay them back over the next bit.

Anyways keep your fingers crossed for me.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Fingers crossed SirKnight - remember that romance on the cheap with some thought beats careless money splurging anyday.

Good Luck

Dropbear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
SirKnight, walking around is not only free, but it allows people to get to know each other, and since there's a constant change of scenery there's usualyy something to start talking about if an awkward silence seems close. [Wink] Good luck!

--------------------

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 98 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhiandmoi:
Does anyone know what an alcopop is? I wasn't watching the news, just listening to it and they had a whole segment about taxing alcopops. I am assuming the are some kind of alcoholic beverage, I am imagining some kind of adult popsicle. I've never seen an adult popsicle, but that sounds interesting.

chillas and I were at Bed, Bath and Beyond the other night, and we saw a set that lets you make alcoholic popsicles! They looked yummy.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 99 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mrs.hi-c clown fishies:
Minstrel's good job vibes must have rubbed off on me. After 3 1/2 months of looking, I finally got an offer yesterday. It's a part-time job, but after the full-time training it'll be time for the baby, so part-time doesn't sound so bad now. Plus the department is huge, and is always moving around their people, so the chances of me being full-time again are good.

All I can say is that it's about damn time we finally have some good things happening. [Smile]

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy for you. That's such wonderful news. Good things are happening for all of my friends. I'm so happy. [Smile] *does Snoopy dance*

--------------------
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dropbear I know I could do it on the cheap, but I would at least like to take her out to dinner someplace nice.

Candiru, we have already done that part. We've been hanging out as friends for a while now and the flirting has gotten so obvious that my friends are telling me if I don't ask her out soon they are going to ask her for me. I do like her and I do flirt back so yeah.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
SirKnight -- movies on campus followed by a burger at the fave hangout would be fine -- no need to upscale wine and dine when you're a college student. Save that for special occasions -- birthday, holiday, etc. When I was in college, the most expensive date I went on was dinner at a nice place -- the kind of place where your parents would take you out when they came to visit you. At today's prices, the whole dinner was probably under $50.

But other than that, a lot of movies on campus, bars (to hear a specific band), studying together, sports events, special lectures, comics, etc. And if the girl in question is going to college away from home, she may be like me -- I think I only had one dress with me and a couple of pairs of dressy pants and blouses -- the rest was jeans, sweaters and t-shirts.

You could do something more modest the first time around and promise to take her someplace nicer when you have more money. If you guys have been hanging out already, she probably already knows your financial situation.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
SirKnight: Can you cook? Making her a nice dinner would be an option (with the special-ness, and the romance and what-not). Or just spend time together, not necessarily even doing anything in particualr. When DogMonkey and I finally clued in that we were, in fact, dating, we were both broke, so we just hung out a lot (although I'm probably not a typical case).

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I have lost 15.5 pounds in the last 40 days, because I had to modify my diet and increase exercise in anticipation of a recheck of my blood work coming up in another 20 days. [Smile]

However, I had a nightmare last night that when I went to the doctor's and was weighed, they denied that I'd lost any weight at all! I was crying and insisting, and they were equally insistent that I'd not lost a single ounce. I hated them. Very much.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 37 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by candiru from strangers:
I made some new friends, a few of which I actually remember their names.

In addition to apologizing for the mass of typos in last night's post I want to clarify this statement. Upon reflection I thought it made me sound way drunk. The reason I forget the names of some of them is because I'm bad with names until they've been said a few times, and I met a lot of people in a short period of time, and it was noisy in there.

--------------------

Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
quote:
I made some new friends, a few of which I actually remember their names.

In addition to apologizing for the mass of typos in last night's post I want to clarify this statement. Upon reflection I thought it made me sound way drunk. The reason I forget the names of some of them is because I'm bad with names until they've been said a few times, and I met a lot of people in a short period of time, and it was noisy in there.
Uhuh, sure... [Wink]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Well I won't say I wasn't drunk at all, but I was definitely not "Did I just meet someone? What was her name? Wait, that was a guy?" drunk. I was more "Hi! I like your jacket, want to be my friend?" drunk. Hence all the introductions [lol]

--------------------

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm bloody exhausted. I did non-stop readings for over 3 hours. Didn't make any money. Got a headache for my effort [Wink] and I'm hoping to sleep good tonight.

Anyone got any chocolate? [Big Grin]

And, Candy will never forget my name. Ever. She knows why. [Wink]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Thanks so much for the congrats--

When I got the call on Thursday, I slept better than I have in months--only having to get up once to go potty [Big Grin]

Two weeks from today is our baby shower! I'm so excited....*mini squee!* Of course, there'll be fewer people there than originally planned because of my FIL being a jackass, but that's okay. We don't know them that well anyway.

It's a long story.

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Just because it's the Game, and all went aces... (though props to UM for a good game)

O-H!!!

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 99 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I-O!!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages