snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Unhijackable: The Next Generation (Page 31)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Unhijackable: The Next Generation
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well, I'd have asked last night. More people would have been coherent then. [Razz]

Okay, you guys, I just pulled a piece of paper off my printer and a BIG GIANT SPIDER came with it! Eeek!

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Must be one of them new fangled city spiders.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
*shudders* I hate spiders. I'm convinced there's a large one in my flat somewhere, waiting to leap out at me when I least expect it. I haven't seen any sign of it yet, but I got home last night and had the strong sensation that there is one there. Call it my spider sense, if you will.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Minstrel, why were you printing a spider?

Oh, and F_F? "The downside is, I can't wear my dog afterwards."???? You, m'lady, owe me a new shirt.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 99 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel Nereid:
Oh, sweet holy squee, I finally have a real job!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

I'll be a therapeutic care worker for the Northwest Ohio Developmental Center, which is a sort of village of group homes. I'll be helping take care of MR/DD adults. The pay is excellent, and the hours will be in the evenings so I can go to school in the day next semester.

The only potential problem was that the training goes for two weeks, starting 11/27, from 10:30 to 7:30 each day. Which kind of overlaps my scheduled class time on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. [Eek!] I'm going to try to get into the earlier training session instead, but I mentioned to my professor after class tonight that there might be a problem and explained the whole thing. He said I shouldn't worry about it, he'd assign me some extra reading to cover what I'd miss in class and arrange for me to take the last test (and the final if need be) in the testing center. (He is the best history prof ever!)

So, squee with me! [Big Grin]

SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE!!!!! I'm so happy for you! That's wonderful news! {{hugs}}

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by I'mNotDedalus:
Must be one of them new fangled city spiders.

It was. It was gettin' too big for its 8-legged britches, too. It needed killin'. [Razz]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by candiru from strangers:
Does it make me a mean person that when adults ask advice for every tiny little detail of their lives I often am tempted to tell them the worst possible idea? I try to give good advice on most things to most people, but there are a few people I know who ask about the most trivial things constantly and I just kind of want to tell the the worst possible thing. I don't know if it's to try to teach them to think for themselves, or just to cause them trouble. That's not very nice of me.

I know someone like that too, and I have the same urge as you. "Should I get a latte or a cappucino?" "Whichever has more calories."

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jocko's Gone Fishin':
However, I always point out to mine that there are FIVE people who live in this house and we adults lie to eat food, too.

Emphasis mine. This is no mere typo, it's a Freudian slip of golden merit.

I can't believe no one else caught it and gave you a YOMANK.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
The only potential problem was that the training goes for two weeks, starting 11/27, from 10:30 to 7:30 each day. Which kind of overlaps my scheduled class time on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. [Eek!] I'm going to try to get into the earlier training session instead, but I mentioned to my professor after class tonight that there might be a problem and explained the whole thing. He said I shouldn't worry about it, he'd assign me some extra reading to cover what I'd miss in class and arrange for me to take the last test (and the final if need be) in the testing center. (He is the best history prof ever!)

So, squee with me! [Big Grin]

Congrats on the job! I had a similar situation once when new job training overlapped a class. Thankfully, I lived at home and it was a class that my mom was interested in so she took notes for me for the first 2 classes. She ended up sitting in the rest of the class.

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Congrats Minstrel! Glad to see things are falling into place for you in the Buckeye state.
Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I was just reading the PS3 thread in Rantidote and earlier I was watching videos on YouTube about people camped out for the game system.

Then, I realized something. Shawn's in Australia and he works at an electronics/appliance store (much like Best Buy). He said that he had a crappy day at work- but it didn't occur to me to ask him about the PS3 thing.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
[grumbles] Bloody bunny managed to get into the entertainment unit with the games machine and nibble the wires to one of the controllers. Since this was a cheap machine (£30 one Christmas about two years ago - filled with classic games like Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt and Paper Boy) and I've not seen them around since the year I bought it I don't suppose I will be able to get a replacement if it now doesn't work. I saw him disappearing in there and got to him in about two seconds - it's amazing the damage a bunny can do in such a short time.[/grumbles]

Cinnamon If you be careful or know someone that knows anything about controllers it can be fixed, my mom fixed ours when it got stuck in a reclining chair you just have to be very careful, so all is not lost. Mine is still working till this day.

ETA PM me and maybe I can tell you more.

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
animal73
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animal73   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
I was just reading the PS3 thread in Rantidote and earlier I was watching videos on YouTube about people camped out for the game system.

Then, I realized something. Shawn's in Australia and he works at an electronics/appliance store (much like Best Buy). He said that he had a crappy day at work- but it didn't occur to me to ask him about the PS3 thing.

I don't think they get released in Australia for another couple of months....

ETA: March '07. He should be safe for a little while.

--------------------
Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative the same night.

Canton Maddogs Rugby

Posts: 440 | From: Canton, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SeaboeMuffinchucker:
quote:
However, I always point out to mine that there are FIVE people who live in this house and we adults lie to eat food, too.

Seaboe

I saw that, too, but didn't want to embarrass myself if it happened to be just a typo. It reminds me of the time my sister called to tell me that our mother was deathly ill and was in the hospital in pretty bad shape. I packed a suitcase and made it to the airport just in time to catch a plane. After we brought Mother home from the hospital, I was telling her pastor that I had packed a slip but had forgotten to pack a dress, and maybe it was because I didn't want to go to a funeral. My sister noted that it was a Freudian slip. I thought that was so very clever, but later I found out that she hadn't even caught the pun. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Minstrel's good job vibes must have rubbed off on me. After 3 1/2 months of looking, I finally got an offer yesterday. It's a part-time job, but after the full-time training it'll be time for the baby, so part-time doesn't sound so bad now. Plus the department is huge, and is always moving around their people, so the chances of me being full-time again are good.

All I can say is that it's about damn time we finally have some good things happening. [Smile]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Okay, you guys, I just pulled a piece of paper off my printer and a BIG GIANT SPIDER came with it! Eeek!

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Barbara

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by animal73:
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:

I don't think they get released in Australia for another couple of months....

ETA: March '07. He should be safe for a little while.

He works at "Good Guys" and they don't sell game consoles. Much to his relief. [Wink]

--------------------
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Yay! My new glass lid for my cast iron pans came today! I'm so happy!

My first ebay experience. It was a good one.

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
W00000T! I just heard from my dad. His stress test on Monday, which he supposedly "failed" was not as bad as he originally was led to believe.

In the first place, he lasted a lot longer than expected for a man his age-- which was encouraging.

They are going to do another one on Monday with dye injection to see the blood flow, but the doctor thinks that it can be handled with diet modification and drugs, rather than surgery!

Happy Dance!

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Yay, TGirl! Good for the dad!

I just spent 45 minutes listening to Shirley Phelps-Rogers remind us that God hates fags in the Student Union (so they should have lunch elsewhere). What a scary bony burning little person she is.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
 - Great big hugs and a happy dance, T-Girl!  -

Congrats, mrs.hi-c! You're right. It's about time good things started happening.  -

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
My friend told me last night that she saw my recently estranged SO at the place all of us hang out this past Sunday. She asked about me (because that was when I was still laying about waiting for my back to get better) and he said "I don't know. If she wants to talk to me, she'll call me." Which was why I was waiting for him to call me.

So I can't help but wonder if he's feeling as hurt and slightly bitter towards me as I am to him. He shouldn't feel as bad though, because he's the one who didn't call me when he knew I was hurt. I'm very conflicted about all this. I still really like him, but the time apart has made me realize that we just are not compatible for multiple reasons. I could call him and explain this, but part of me wants to see if he'll ever call. Morbid curiosity almost. Bah.

ETA: There, now that I've vented I can fully enjoy my evening. My friend is opening for a musician who has been on television (Adult Swim) and I'm very excited for and proud of him. [Smile]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Here's my happy dance for TGal and her pops:

*shuffle, bend, zip, zap, choppy, gotcha, hip, hop, kaput*

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I just noticed we've lost the icon of the guy slamming his head into a brick wall.

I like the penguin, though.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers

Good to hear the news, T-girl. My dad's been through so many of the stress tests and angios that my mom calls us when they're over to tell us. "Oh, by the way, Dad had another stress test today..."

Candy, boys are icky! They have cooties!

Frog-not all boys, just that boy-Feathers

--------------------

Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
After more than two years, the Kitten and her "boyfriend" have "broken up." She hasn't liked how he's been treating her (ignoring her on the playground, etc.), so she had a little talk with him today. He told her he "doesn't want to be your boyfriend any more." Little NFBSK doesn't know what he's missing!  -

She's okay with it, but a little sad -- we talked about it a lot this week, I sort of eased her into it and essentially told her she'd have to kiss a lot of frogs before she found her prince, not that I approve of kissing!  -

It appears she's already got another one lined up -- she's set her sights on a 10-year-old at her bus stop. [Eek!]

CatNip is both righteously indignant that anyone wouldn't want to have the supreme privilege of worshipping his little girl, and hugely relieved because no one is good enough for her anyway, and what's wrong with being a nun? He's not home, so I haven't told him about the 10-year-old yet. He's gonna freak out.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
[lol] Four Kitties my little girl is now 21 and her dad still feels that way about her! Even the nun business. She is doing a minor in religion and acing the courses so he thinks that's the Big Guy Upstairs trying to tell her something. Nice try hon [Big Grin] .

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Actually, CatNip would be also be quite freaked if she became a nun -- he doesn't trust religion. He just wants her to have a normal, happy life with absolutely no sex, ever. [Roll Eyes]

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
Actually, CatNip would be also be quite freaked if she became a nun -- he doesn't trust religion. He just wants her to have a normal, happy life with absolutely no sex, ever. [Roll Eyes]

Four Kitties

Hmm, no chance that Catnip and Mr Chrisie are related I guess? Maybe this is just a dad thing.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Thanks for the inspiration, Minstrel! [Big Grin]

~Psihala
(*... and the nightmares...) [Eek!]

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Bush: Vietnam shows there is no 'instant success' in fight for freedom

Yeah, some of us knew that 3 years ago.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SeaboeMuffinchucker:
quote:

Seaboe

I did not notice it until now -- IOMANK!! I'm afraid it is Freudian, though -- I lie often and without impunity to my children. If I didn't, they eat up all the good stuff! Which is also why I hide some things. If only I could find some place DH couldn't discover!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
I'll be a therapeutic care worker for the Northwest Ohio Developmental Center, which is a sort of village of group homes.

So, apparently, it take a village to get Minstrel a job? [Big Grin]

Whatever it takes, here's a big ole SQUEEEEE for you!

ETA A SQUEEEEE for Mrs. Hi-C too!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
Now, Minstrel, however did you manage to figure out how to deal with your potential schedule conflict without polling the board? Gettin' a little uppity, missy! Oh, and BTW, SQQQQUUUUUEEEE!!!!

I almost did come ask for advice, in a "Help! I'm overwhelmed!" sort of way. [Embarrassed] Luckily I got the bright idea to talk to my professor first.
Well, now, see, that's how GROWNUPS act when there's a problem!

--------------------

Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
...It appears she's already got another one lined up -- she's set her sights on a 10-year-old at her bus stop. [Eek!] ...

Four Kitties

DD, who's 6, has a crush on a teenage boy from our church. Thankfully he's very considerate about it & says 'hello' to her & such.
Her other crush is more her age. He's not mean to her but I don't believe he shares her affection. She's said before that 'Jason won't talk to me' or 'Jason didn't want to sit by me'. I informed her the other day that she might find a boy she liked more than this current crush & she looked at me like I'd grown a second head!!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages