snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Unhijackable: The Next Generation (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Unhijackable: The Next Generation
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a ghoul:
There's a religious group across the plaza from my table, and they're handing out candy. Should I make a comment offhand about how Halloween was started by Druids and Halloween was a festival of the Lord of the Dead, where they burned people and animals alive at the stake and believed they could foresee what would happen in the coming year from the flames and smoke from these sacrifices?

cite

If you commented around me in that situation I'd ask you if you seriously did not know the difference between a 5YO dressed up like Cinderella & burning people at the stake.
But today was a rough day with 2YOs so I'm a little snarky right now.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Also, a linky to the actual origins of Halloween. There never was a lord of the dead called Samhain, Mickey. It was the last of the Celtic Harvest festivals and the beginning of a new year.

ETA: Waves to Roadie. At least one other snopester approved this vacation before I took it. [Smile]

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Ah. Suddenly I have clarity.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a ghoul:
There's a religious group across the plaza from my table, and they're handing out candy. Should I make a comment offhand about how Halloween was started by Druids and Halloween was a festival of the Lord of the Dead, where they burned people and animals alive at the stake and believed they could foresee what would happen in the coming year from the flames and smoke from these sacrifices?

cite

You sound like you are assuming that once informed of this (and as others have said why assume they do not know at least some of it) that they will either instantly stop giving out candy in embarassment and chagrin or realise the error of their foolish Christian ways and give up their religion.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I've been looking forward to this evening because I knew that it was DH's year to take the kids around for Halloween, and my year to stay home and shell out. I counted on using the time to learn my lines for the dinner theatre murder mystery that I'm in next week. Except that I am completely unmotivated to do so. I've never been less interested in a show, and I'm even being paid for this one. I'm glad I decided not to audition for two other projects last week.

While I'm on it, does anyone have any ideas for a costume from the 1940s? My character is a washed-out diva, so over-the-top classy, but a bit threadbare, is best. I have a black Persian Lamb jacket, and a bag and cigaret holder, but I have no idea what I'm going to do for a dress and shoes. It doesn't have to be all that historically accurate, just vaguely in the right era. Does anyone have any great suggestions? Or any suggestions at all?

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Didn't they wear those high-waisted, long straight skirts in the 40s?

That's all I got.

Years ago, before I had a computer, our super-religious neighbors didn't celebrate Halloween. The mom printed out nine pages from a website about the "evils" of Halloween. They were always trying to force their religion on us. Anyway, everything that was called "evil" in those pages was taught to me to mean something very different.

It was an interesting read and I laughed a lot. It was so over-the-top, I couldn't help but laugh. I've heard varying degrees of the same beliefs, but nothing quite so extreme.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
Oh lordy. We're spontaneously cat-sitting Tannis, the cat from downstairs.

Okay, a little under two hours later and Tannis is back home. There was much more hissing and growling and one lunge at each other that was just for show. There was some bloodshed, which was Michael's foot. Tannis does not care to be picked up and carried which Michael had to do at one point, and the stress got to her and she hissed and lunged at his leg. And Thalia just sat there and watched. Figures.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
All her mail is dutifully labeled and turned back into the post office for forwarding. How much of it ever gets to her is beyond my knowledge.

Her mail forwarding will have long since expired. Depending on what type of mail it is, the post office will either return to sender, toss it in the trash, or send it to the dead letter office (where it will be assessed and then be tossed in the trash if it's undeliverable or unreturnable).

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgaine La Raq Star:
Travel Question:

We're planning a trip to Philly in May & I'm looking for a hotel. We won't have a car so we'll have to rely on public transportation. We plan on spending at least 1 day at The Franklin Institute & will possibly be taking an Amtrak to NYC.
A name-brand hotel with at least a fridge & microwave is what we're looking for. If we can get a seperate bedroom (small suite) that's be even better. I don't want to go too cheap but we're not looking to spend $300/night on a room.

TIA!!

Embassy Suites. DH and I stayed a night there a few years back when we went to a museum show (Philly's only a little over an hour away, but mom and dad watched the kids, so we decided to treat ourselves to an overnighter). It's located right downtown near the museums, etc., and Philly has a bus that goes around to all the sites and, IIRC, there is a stop no too far from the Embassy Suites.

We love the Embassy Suites (we've stayed in them elsewhere, too). Pretty much all the major brands are in Philly, though, and there are others that offer suites as well, so some web surfing might be in order. What I usually do when looking for a hotel is go on one of the travel sites (Expedia, Travelocity, etc.), so I can see what amenities the hotel offers, see where they're located in the city, etc., then I start price shoppping, calling the hotel directly and checking the hotel (or the company) website as well.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
LynneJanet maybe this site would help?

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
 -
Everyone.

Welcome back, T-Girl!  - You have been missed.
A lot.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I was just irritated that this one person on my school's campus was trying to throw a bag of candy at me. This specific person also wrote an extremely inflammatory article last year. He knows I'm Jewish, knows I engage(d)in premarital sex (his fiance is a friend of mine, and Roomie and I considered getting a 3 BR apartment with her until he wrote that article), and still says that I'm damned to go to Hell because I haven't accepted Jesus Christ as "Our" savior.

I wanted to say something other than "get the nfbsk away from me, you homophobe. I might give you Teh Gay, since I've kissed girls in the past and I'm a fag hag!"

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well Mickey, from his POV you are.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Apologies for interjecting, but this is the unhijackable thread, ain't it? Yessum. It's my duty to present this herald for a long-standing snopester who finally topped 1000, shortly before our 24-hour exile.

*ahem*

kmcm was a poster;
in the gray and tangle she'd coaster.
All the whiles, we know,
she'd lurk down below
with information we all need to bolster.

So penguins, beware,
in your penguin lair,
as kmcm hips with a holster.

...Bark!

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 220 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
I know way too much about the person who lived in my apartment before me. Why? Because after 4 years I'm still getting a huge amount of her mail.

I know her name. I know what bank she used. I know she owned a Toyota Forerunner and at what dealership she bought it. I know she was an avid runner (3 different running magazines, catalogs from a company that makes custom shoe inserts, dozens of different postcards inviting her to various marathons/10ks/etc, I know she has family in Minnesota (postmarks on a lot of letters) and I know she is a member of Colombia House.

What's odd is I'm not nosy. I'm not going through her mail. I've never opened her mail nor even looked at it any more then was necessary to ascertain that it isn't mine. All her mail is dutifully labeled and turned back into the post office for forwarding. How much of it ever gets to her is beyond my knowledge.

I have no point here. Its just weird to know so much about someone having never met them nor even ever gone out of my way to learn anything about her.

Our mailbox has a sticker in it saying that the former owners no longer live here. This sticker was placed there by our mail carrier.

And, nearly six years after they left for Texas, we still get mail, particularly credit card offers, for them at least weekly.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
And, nearly six years after they left for Texas, we still get mail, particularly credit card offers, for them at least weekly.
Well, what are you waiting for...? [Big Grin]

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglRdr:
quote:
I know way too much about the person who lived in my apartment before me. Why? Because after 4 years I'm still getting a huge amount of her mail.

I know her name. I know what bank she used. I know she owned a Toyota Forerunner and at what dealership she bought it. I know she was an avid runner (3 different running magazines, catalogs from a company that makes custom shoe inserts, dozens of different postcards inviting her to various marathons/10ks/etc, I know she has family in Minnesota (postmarks on a lot of letters) and I know she is a member of Colombia House.

What's odd is I'm not nosy. I'm not going through her mail. I've never opened her mail nor even looked at it any more then was necessary to ascertain that it isn't mine. All her mail is dutifully labeled and turned back into the post office for forwarding. How much of it ever gets to her is beyond my knowledge.

I have no point here. Its just weird to know so much about someone having never met them nor even ever gone out of my way to learn anything about her.

Our mailbox has a sticker in it saying that the former owners no longer live here. This sticker was placed there by our mail carrier.

We've been in our house for over 6 years & last month a constable came to our door with I believe a warrant/summons or something or other legal for one of the previous occupants of our house. This was after numerous phone calls (15 some-odd while we were on vacation; filled the answering machine) & mail from lawyers & such. Thankfully the guy didn't hassle us about the warrant & said he'd inform the court. The calls & such seem to have gone away thank goodness!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRat:
quote:
How do you think we're financing Christmas, silly? [Cool]

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglRdr:
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRat:
quote:
How do you think we're financing Christmas, silly? [Cool]
I want a pony, please.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Why do I always end up having a crappy birthday? BF had to work tonight and we've both got an early morning class tomorrow. So I'm sitting alone, with a headache, instead of the randy intimate evening I wanted. Sigh.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
We've been here almost six years and we still get an occasional credit card offer or magazine for the previous owners. I just throw everything away, unopened.

But, like Joe, I know an awful lot about two people whom I never met. They liked to ski and were both computer geeks. And they ordered by catalog. A lot.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I really, really want my drunk redneck neighbors to shut off their music and go to bed. I don't care if it's Halloween, some of us have school tomorrow morning. Also they are contributing to my headache. [Mad]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
You and me both, Cervus. My head is trying to kill me. In addition I have the duty pager and it's constantly going off. If I hear the damn thing beeping one more time I'm going to smash it against the wall.

On a happier note, our theater department offers a trip to NYC to see a broadway show on Saturday. I'm tempted to go because I've always wanted to see "Phantom of the Opera". I'm not sure whether I should allow myself to go, though...

This is a crappy week, and it's only Tuesday.

ETA: Happy birthday, Cervus!

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
After being guilted by Lizzy and Chillas, my husband finally uploaded the picture that we had taken as a group during the meet. Honestly, I'd almost forgotten about it myself...

-

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Wow, I certainly look crispy-burnt! And I distinctly remember putting on sunblock that morning, too! But we are a fine looking group, aren't we? [Big Grin]

*tackle hugs TGirl*
Welcome home! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Some trick-or-treaters came by dressed as members of KISS. How very 70's.
Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tommi
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommi   E-mail tommi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I had to work today, and since we had to be in uniform most people had to limit their costumes to face painting or funny hats. There were a lot of cat ears, devil horns, that sort of thing. I had an interview with the second-in-command so I decided I'd better not wear a costume at all. I missed out. [Frown]

In other news (although related to the above), job vibes are requested. I applied for an office job at the nursing home I work at. The interview went very well I think, but there were a ton of people who applied so I don't know yet what my chances are. Working on the floor is starting to get really hard for me physically, so this position would be a godsend.

I also thought it was ironic that after the interview I had to go to a staff meeting regarding incident reports...ie, if you have an accident, you have to report it immediately and have an incident report filled out that same day, even if you don't think you got hurt. About half an hour after the meeting I pinched my finger in a lift, then about four hours after that I banged my leg on a bed frame hard enough to leave a lump and bruise. It was kinda embarassing to go up to the supervisor and say, "Um, can you fill out another incident report for me? I just hurt myself again." [Big Grin]

Posts: 628 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 98 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by I'mNotDedalus:
Apologies for interjecting, but this is the unhijackable thread, ain't it? Yessum. It's my duty to present this herald for a long-standing snopester who finally topped 1000, shortly before our 24-hour exile.

*ahem*

kmcm was a poster;
in the gray and tangle she'd coaster.
All the whiles, we know,
she'd lurk down below
with information we all need to bolster.

So penguins, beware,
in your penguin lair,
as kmcm hips with a holster.

...Bark!

It took me almost exactly 4 years to do it too! Thank you IND, m'love, for the lyric. I feel like i'm not completely unknown here now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Nice photo of the Mich-Ohioans. Can someone please identify everyone for those of us at home?

Edited for better grammar.

Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I spent all day in costume yesterday, wearing my not-Doc-Marten's boots (oh, I love my Docs) and today, my feet are screaming in protest.

Ouch.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It seems my worries about why someone at The Folio Society is spending a lot of time on my blog were unfounded (see post a couple of pages back). Even though they are on there an awful lot more than you would expect (over an hour yesterday alone!) I've discovered it's really a positive thing. Using my sitemeter to check on referring pages for where they clicked in from I discovered they have actually clicked in from The Folio Society website. They have actually posted a link to my blog post about them on their site. That's quite cool. Wonder if I can hit them up for a freebie book. [Big Grin]

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
TGIRL! SQUEE! You're BACK! We MISSED you!

*grabs TGirl in a big ol' bear hug*

In other news, I have no life. I have spent the last two days cleaning and organizing my kitchen.

*sigh*

Oh well, at least I will have an organized kitchen for Christmas!

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
The old mail people? I've got you beat. I've been in my house since Feb. '93. I bought it from a widower aged 92.

I still, on rare occasions, get mail addressed to his wife.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. K:
TGIRL! SQUEE! You're BACK! We MISSED you!

*grabs TGirl in a big ol' bear hug*

Thanks! While I was out shopping with a friend while on vacation, I found the following line of merchandise. My friend thought it was hilarious as I have adopted your magnificent phrase into every day use. There was some discussion of buying them and sending them to you, to thank you for your contribution to my vocabulary! [Smile]

They also make a tote bag....

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Today would have been my 10th wedding anniversary. I am a little sad, but am unable to decide if it is that or just PMS.

--------------------

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  30  31  32   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages